Amazon - Frontiers/Icarus

Anyone bought any of the Frontiers cds this year from Amazon sellers and they show up and they're the Argentinian print called Icarus? They really don't bother me as much as they seem to be legit and sound look the same but the problem I have is they don't disclose it. And if that wasn't bad enough now Amazon is selling these things or at least helping sell them. They sometimes will promote a seller on a product such as Red Tag Market as they did on the new Jorn disc and don't tell you it's an Icarus issue even thought product description page says it's Frontiers. I'm happy to get these discs for the price that you can get them but I wonder if the artists are being paid the same and if Amazon is doing anything legally wrong by promoting these sellers and products as something different from what the description is.

I stopped using CD-WOW for this reason. You should be able to pick them up pretty cheap - that's the main difference really. If you're getting charged a new Frontiers price for these then you're getting ripped off I reckon. Sure they are a legit pressing but the quality inserts and CD are not as good. Only an issue I guess if you're a serious collector.

I don't know about Amazon selling Icarus but if they did, then I guess it's a rip-off, I agree because usually Icarus's price is half the original

I always order from Amazon UK and all Frontiers releases they're selling are original Italian made with the hologram sticker to prove the authenticity, but in the last few months, the price is just too expensive. Usually it's about $12 included shipment but right now you need to spend at least $15 - $20, so sometimes I just bought the Icarus version from Argentinian seller on eBay, and yes they're cheap, you can get them for $6 - $7 only, so (over) half the original price and Icarus is also legit, licensed version, but John is right, the print quality is probably 5-10% worse than the Italian press, but I consider it's the same price as the Indonesian local release, so I don't have any problem with that

I have bought a few from Media Mars on Amazon who is a private seller and the last few have been Icarus and there's no mention that's that what it is. I had bought from them for years and never had any issues until recently. Now the Amazon recommended Red Tag Market(it says fullfilled by Amazon) has no mention of it being Icarus and i just double checked and it still says on the product description page that it's Frontiers. I left a neutral feedback and told them they should be honest with their buyers and that product is an Icarus pressing not Frontiers. We'll see if they respond to me or not.

Red Tag Market is also an eBay seller and I'm telling you that I once bought 2-3 items from them and they sent me a Mexican version (not Icarus but other labels, forgot), so if you do want an original European pressing nowadays, go straight to Amazon UK because they stock everything from Europe I guess, coz most American sellers right now are trying to make more bucks by buying South american products I guess

Jeez you guys are creeps. :lol:

Nightrain, who is the seller on ebay selling them for $6-7?? If they're legit and they're cheap, I'm not sure what the problem is. It's all very nice to throw your money around like a wildman if you have it, but I sure as hell don't have that spare money to spend to get a Frontiers sticker on my CD instead of an Incarus label... Creeps. ;)

If both CDs have the same songs on it and you have the cheaper one, why does this trivial stuff matter to you peeps?

Jeez you guys are creeps. :lol:

Nightrain, who is the seller on ebay selling them for $6-7?? If they're legit and they're cheap, I'm not sure what the problem is. It's all very nice to throw your money around like a wildman if you have it, but I sure as hell don't have that spare money to spend to get a Frontiers sticker on my CD instead of an Incarus label... Creeps. ;)

If both CDs have the same songs on it and you have the cheaper one, why does this trivial stuff matter to you peeps?

I don't care if they sell the Icarus version I just want to be told that's what it is but instead it's being represented as a Frontiers release not an Icarus.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm collecting originals Frontiers Records and trying to have them with the original silver sticker on the jewel case (some of my friends called me crazy :-) ). So imagine what i'm thinking of ICARUS, 2M PRODUCCIONES or CD MAXIMUM pressing ...

Hmmm...let me take a guess: you don't like them...

• My Little Pony

Hi there,

I'm collecting originals Frontiers Records and trying to have them with the original silver sticker on the jewel case (some of my friends called me crazy :-) ). So imagine what i'm thinking of ICARUS, 2M PRODUCCIONES or CD MAXIMUM pressing ...

I'd rather not jump to conclusions. I'll wait for him to tell us.

Hi there,

mzl.mhaujull.480x480-75.jpg

@Geoff - the user I mentioned is : musicshop780

Check this link out : http://stores.ebay.com/MUSIC-FROM-ARGENTINA/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=46968259&_sticky=1&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_sop=10&_sc=1

I think you can give em around 2 months after the official pressing of Frontiers were out and

So the trick is put those CDs you want under your watchlist and wait from time to time because it can dropped like 15-20%, and buy and pick to combine it without jewel cases ($5+$1 like usual - but not sure after January, don't know if South American shipping is changed) so you probably get it around $7 - $8. And weird thing is, they usually still send you the jewel cases haha

Just check out their latest Frontiers titles listed :

Pride of Lions - Immortal $6.32

Dokken - Broken Bones $8.24

Hess - Living In Yesterday $6.32

and several others were already listed couple or three months ago, just search their database

@Geoff - the user I mentioned is : musicshop780

Check this link out : http://stores.ebay.c...4&_sop=10&_sc=1

I think you can give em around 2 months after the official pressing of Frontiers were out and

So the trick is put those CDs you want under your watchlist and wait from time to time because it can dropped like 15-20%, and buy and pick to combine it without jewel cases ($5+$1 like usual - but not sure after January, don't know if South American shipping is changed) so you probably get it around $7 - $8. And weird thing is, they usually still send you the jewel cases haha

Just check out their latest Frontiers titles listed :

Pride of Lions - Immortal $6.32

Dokken - Broken Bones $8.24

Hess - Living In Yesterday $6.32

and several others were already listed couple or three months ago, just search their database

Awesome. Thanks, I'll check it out sometime asap, and save the seller. Thanks for the info.

Hi there,

Yes i don't really like to get these instead of real FRONTIERS pressings :axe:

• 1 year later...

Interestingly I have never had an issue with these, but in the last week I have received the Icarus version of two CDs from two different sellers.

These both came from the same seller, so obviously I now know what to expect from them if I order in future.

Like others here, it doesnt bother me that much as they both only cost £5.58 +P&P each, but I do think they should say "Argentine pressing" in their sales description.

They are apparently from Florida and trade under the name Rock&PopCDVD.

I'm with Jam Master G on this one.... if it's a CD I don't have and the price is right, I honestly don't give a f*ck if it's a South American, North American, Japanese, Russian, Australian, Martian, or Klingon pressing...

Look at it this way. If you saw a copy of Action comics #1 listed, got it for a bargain price then found out it was a reprint, wouldnt you feel slightly miffed?

Point is that people just want what they paid for. And anyone listing these items should give full disclosure so it allows people to make the decision with all the facts at hand.

• My Little Pony

I'm with Jam Master G on this one.... if it's a CD I don't have and the price is right, I honestly don't give a f*ck if it's a South American, North American, Japanese, Russian, Australian, Martian, or Klingon pressing...

Are you saying Russian bootlegs are fine? I mean, they are usually silver pressed.

Klingon pressings are shit. Stay clear of those.

Are you saying Russian bootlegs are fine?

...but not all Russian CDs are bootlegs, right?? I was under the impression that there are some "legit" labels from that part of the world, which have licensing deals with the "home" labels....

Doesn't really matter anyway cuz I have never come across any Russian CDs in my travels... but in the event that I ever do, I think I've learned enuff from my experiences 'round this forum and others to know the diff between a "legit" one and a "boot." (i.e. Screw those Azintex guys. Haha)

That said, even if I *did* come across a disc that looked like it might be a boot... fuck it, I might be tempted to add it to the collection just to have as a conversation piece.

I hope you understand I'm not tryin' to start any shit. I'm just sayin'.

Are you saying Russian bootlegs are fine? I mean, they are usually silver pressed.

Klingon pressings are shit. Stay clear of those.

Well Klingon pressings are very hard to find, how come you say shit about it ? :D

Are you saying Russian bootlegs are fine?

...but not all Russian CDs are bootlegs, right?? I was under the impression that there are some "legit" labels from that part of the world, which have licensing deals with the "home" labels....

Doesn't really matter anyway cuz I have never come across any Russian CDs in my travels... but in the event that I ever do, I think I've learned enuff from my experiences 'round this forum and others to know the diff between a "legit" one and a "boot." (i.e. Screw those Azintex guys. Haha)

That said, even if I *did* come across a disc that looked like it might be a boot... fuck it, I might be tempted to add it to the collection just to have as a conversation piece.

I hope you understand I'm not tryin' to start any shit. I'm just sayin'.

As far as I know, Russian label (IronD) is legit and they have the license to distribute Frontiers and AOR Heaven pressings throughout Russia but looks like they went bankrupt and no more new CDs coming from them anymore, and Icarus is also a legit distributor of South America area (not only Frontiers, but also Nuclearblast). Both aren't bootlegs but South American pressing is a bit inferior compared to Russian, although both are inferior compared to European pressing. Now, Japanese pressing is the best because the CD is thicker, you have bonus track(s), extra stickers, posters, booklet or stuffs, that's why they're double or sometimes triple the price.

Not sure thats why they cost so much more. My understanding has always been that the reason they have the extra tracks added is because CD's are just out and out expensive in Japan, so they have to put the extras in to make it more value for money.

Also, general opinion years ago was that the sound quality was better on Jap imports, but this has been disputed by some sources over the years.