you know what? Bon Jovi is still pretty cool

66 mustang

so according to the little thing I have Jon worked at The Power Station Studio for 3 years (80-83). His second cousin Tony Bongiovi was a producer there. Jon and his family asked Tony for help and Jon was hired as an Artist Under Development.

just pulled out my Power Station Years cd and John has writing credits on all the songs that are on the cd

two of the better songs off the disc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jseQXsg5lN0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvKqtGZtxnM

It's well known, and well documented, that JBJ got a serious leg up through his association with the Power Station and Tony Bongiovi (it's not even Bon Jovi the band who play on 'Runaway') ... would he have got so far without this initial push? Would Bon Jovi have ended up just another 80s hair-metal band? We'll never know. But you can't deny that the guy has put in some serious hours AND the leg-work to keep his band going ... I haven't really paid attention to anything that they've done since 'Keep The Faith', but it's still nice to see/hear that they're still going :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like anything but 7800 Farrenheit, oh and the one song they publicly insulted, Edge of A Broken Heart, outside of that, it's pretty balless wimpy shit, maybe if Slippery hadnt been rammed down our throats it would be ok, as the song Without Love is pretty good, but I really have never thought that highly of BJ, there were far better bands comming out of that era that fucking obliviate bon jovi in that genre! sorry just not a fan and dont understand the massive hype they recieved?

To each their own but I bought that debut on the day of release & it was fantastic.

Remember hearing Runaway on Tommy Vances Friday Night Rockshow & all my mates were like - who they fuck is that? It was just awesome.

Jeez you really are old. ;)

When I was a rebellious kid I always said how I listened to so many bands that were better than Bon Jovi and that others should have been huge instead of Bon Jovi. But in hindsight, that type of thought it pretty pointless. Not every great band is ever going to be massive and there's always going to be the select few in every genre that get "lucky." And it is luck, whether anyone admits it or not, with regard to who makes it and who doesn't. And Bon Jovi did get lucky.

But unlike so many bands that were HUGE and that just plain sucked (*cough Aerosmith, cough Van Halen*) at least Bon Jovi did have a huge selection of great melodic rock songs to back it up. If you're a fan of melodic rock and you deny that there aren't a heap of KILLER songs on the three albums that shot them into and kept them in a state of super stardom ('Slippery,' 'New Jersey' and 'Keep The Faith') you're on some wikked drugs.

Love them or hate them, they had the songs to back up their status as the poster boys for melodic / commercial hard rock. And good luck to them for it. If it wasn't them it'd be some other band that people would criticize just for being popular.

LUCK?? Wasnt his uncle or dad or something the head of Mercury Records? I don't believe BJ had any kind of luck, they had from what I understand access to every demo that came through the record label, in which they could easily sit and pick out their favorites to any of the thousands of un copyrighted songs sent in by thousands of unknown hacks, then after they had selected the best, learn them with his own band, have whoever it was he was related to in the business get him studio time and producers, then after he had cut all the songs, he had easy access to every radio station in the country, I have read reports on this since I was a kid and read Kerang, Hit Parader, Circus, etc. when you hear something like this once, it's easy to blow off as hearsay, when you've read similar stories hear and there for 25+ years, you have to assume some kind of truth drives it? and sorry Geoff, where you and I agree almost more then any other 2 members of this board on the kind of music we like,pretty much anytime I like something and post about it, either you already have posted on the same group\song, or you have not heard it and are the only one who posts something positive on it, you state, and I have a suspicion it's to get me going, but it may not be, you state that Van Halen suck?? Um! I guess you are 100% correct, I am wrong, it wasn't until you posted this I had to go back and reexamine my opinion, in no way does the guitar playing of Richie Ricardo Sambora match anything i have ever heard played by the mediocre Edward Van Halen, Eddie was clearly ripping somebody off when he came out of nowhere back in 78, when bands like Foreigner, Styx, cough Aerosmith, Scorpions, and AC\DC were the premier rock bands, and they all had songs like Eruption on them, everybody was doing that at the time, he ripped them all off, Van Halen S\T was the most predictable, unoriginal, and mediocre album in the history of hard rock albums, and your right, did suck, and nothing Van Halen put out could even hold a match to Bon Jovi, Van Halens best song wasn't even in league with Bon Jovi's worst, you are correct, and I am publicly posting, you are right, I am wrong, and why is it that what I consider to be Bon Jovi's best song, was on a little known soundtrack, and they personally degraded it, and called it a glitch in their catalog, and Jon and Tico openly said it was embarrassing, they wrote it in a day, and only released it under contractual obligation? I mean I don't know about any of you but I consider Edge Of A Broken Heart the best material they ever released?? sorry, I stand corrected, Bon Jovi is the greatest band to ever record an album.

Wow mate, that's a lot to digest.

Just to address what of it I can:

See, to me, Jon Bon Jovi knowing someone at Mercury is good luck... and maybe enough good luck to give them the boost they needed to get started. And that's what I mean by there being an element of luck in bands "making it."

Just out of curiosity, have I ever said Sambora is a better guitarist than Eddie Van Halen? Or that Van Halen ever ripped anyone off? Or than Van Halen's best song is not as good as Bon Jovi's worst?

Thanks for posting publicly that I'm right and you're wrong - I assumed it was common knowledge? But despite me saying a lot of awesome things, I am not sure where you got the idea I said any of those things. For the record:

Edward Van Halen is a very good guitarist. Technically better than Richie Sambora and a lot of guitarists. But he is a terrible song writer and I would prefer to listen to most other guitarists, including Richie Sambora. Even though... and I'll bold it for you... Edward Van Halen is a better guitarist than Richie Sambora.

Seriously, the Van Halen ripping people off - where'd you even get that from? Nice fiction, mate. If there was another band that bad, why the hell would anyone want to rip them off?! ;) Nah, Van Halen are their own band with their own sound and style. It's just that they write bad songs.

And Van Halen have about 10 songs in their entire discography that are not only better than Bon Jovi's worst songs, but probably as good as a lot of their best. Van Halen do have a few good songs. Only problem is that there's a great song in approximately every 10 songs they record.

Anyway, I'm glad you realise that Van Halen suck, and that I was the one to help you see that. Always glad to assist. :)

And I agree that 'Edge of a broken heart' is definitely in the best 10 Bon Jovi songs. Killer tune.

Creep.

No Van Halen did start writing a lot of crap, especially on Diver Down, but I don't consider Bon Jovi especially great songwriters, lets take for example Slippery When Wet, now was it so great cause it was great, or was it great cause they brainwashed us all by playing it every 5 minutes? Keep The Faith was just standard by the book pop rock, I don't really consider any of it special, now listen to In And Out Of Love, Tokyo Road, Only Lonely, Hardest Part Is The Night, these are all in and of themselves actually good songs, and they were not shoved down our throats, Van Halen I destroys anything BJ ever did, and Van Halen II pretty great, not even the same type of music, but theres not 1 BJ album that was from start to finish great songs, so I guess that is why albums from start to finish full of great songs are so few and far between, like Blue Tears for instance, or So Far From Real, from track 1 to the end, killer songs, I also put High & Dry and Pyromania in this category, just my opinion.

Slippery When Wet was a case of being in the right place at the right time, I think ... for my money, both New Jersey (ignoring the ballad) and Keep The Faith are stronger/more consistent albums ... but, then, couldn't the same be said for a number of bands from that era? Looking at Van Halen (and I do love those early albums), did they get as big as they did because 1984 was a stone-cold classic? Or was it because Jump was being played on the radio all the time? Again, I think they've done far better albums, but they came along with the right song at the right time. The same with Twisted Sister and Stay Hungry/We're Not Gonna Take It ... if you look back at 1983/1984, there are no end of bands who had massive success thanks to getting one or two songs on the radio/MTV, not because they produced classic albums ...

I dont like anything but 7800 Farrenheit, oh and the one song they publicly insulted, Edge of A Broken Heart, outside of that, it's pretty balless wimpy shit, maybe if Slippery hadnt been rammed down our throats it would be ok, as the song Without Love is pretty good, but I really have never thought that highly of BJ, there were far better bands comming out of that era that fucking obliviate bon jovi in that genre! sorry just not a fan and dont understand the massive hype they recieved?

To each their own but I bought that debut on the day of release & it was fantastic.

Remember hearing Runaway on Tommy Vances Friday Night Rockshow & all my mates were like - who they fuck is that? It was just awesome.

Jeez you really are old. ;)

When I was a rebellious kid I always said how I listened to so many bands that were better than Bon Jovi and that others should have been huge instead of Bon Jovi. But in hindsight, that type of thought it pretty pointless. Not every great band is ever going to be massive and there's always going to be the select few in every genre that get "lucky." And it is luck, whether anyone admits it or not, with regard to who makes it and who doesn't. And Bon Jovi did get lucky.

But unlike so many bands that were HUGE and that just plain sucked (*cough Aerosmith, cough Van Halen*) at least Bon Jovi did have a huge selection of great melodic rock songs to back it up. If you're a fan of melodic rock and you deny that there aren't a heap of KILLER songs on the three albums that shot them into and kept them in a state of super stardom ('Slippery,' 'New Jersey' and 'Keep The Faith') you're on some wikked drugs.

Love them or hate them, they had the songs to back up their status as the poster boys for melodic / commercial hard rock. And good luck to them for it. If it wasn't them it'd be some other band that people would criticize just for being popular.

LUCK?? Wasnt his uncle or dad or something the head of Mercury Records? I don't believe BJ had any kind of luck, they had from what I understand access to every demo that came through the record label, in which they could easily sit and pick out their favorites to any of the thousands of un copyrighted songs sent in by thousands of unknown hacks, then after they had selected the best, learn them with his own band, have whoever it was he was related to in the business get him studio time and producers, then after he had cut all the songs, he had easy access to every radio station in the country, I have read reports on this since I was a kid and read Kerang, Hit Parader, Circus, etc. when you hear something like this once, it's easy to blow off as hearsay, when you've read similar stories hear and there for 25+ years, you have to assume some kind of truth drives it? and sorry Geoff, where you and I agree almost more then any other 2 members of this board on the kind of music we like,pretty much anytime I like something and post about it, either you already have posted on the same group\song, or you have not heard it and are the only one who posts something positive on it, you state, and I have a suspicion it's to get me going, but it may not be, you state that Van Halen suck?? Um! I guess you are 100% correct, I am wrong, it wasn't until you posted this I had to go back and reexamine my opinion, in no way does the guitar playing of Richie Ricardo Sambora match anything i have ever heard played by the mediocre Edward Van Halen, Eddie was clearly ripping somebody off when he came out of nowhere back in 78, when bands like Foreigner, Styx, cough Aerosmith, Scorpions, and AC\DC were the premier rock bands, and they all had songs like Eruption on them, everybody was doing that at the time, he ripped them all off, Van Halen S\T was the most predictable, unoriginal, and mediocre album in the history of hard rock albums, and your right, did suck, and nothing Van Halen put out could even hold a match to Bon Jovi, Van Halens best song wasn't even in league with Bon Jovi's worst, you are correct, and I am publicly posting, you are right, I am wrong, and why is it that what I consider to be Bon Jovi's best song, was on a little known soundtrack, and they personally degraded it, and called it a glitch in their catalog, and Jon and Tico openly said it was embarrassing, they wrote it in a day, and only released it under contractual obligation? I mean I don't know about any of you but I consider Edge Of A Broken Heart the best material they ever released?? sorry, I stand corrected, Bon Jovi is the greatest band to ever record an album.

Wow mate, that's a lot to digest.

Just to address what of it I can:

See, to me, Jon Bon Jovi knowing someone at Mercury is good luck... and maybe enough good luck to give them the boost they needed to get started. And that's what I mean by there being an element of luck in bands "making it."

Just out of curiosity, have I ever said Sambora is a better guitarist than Eddie Van Halen? Or that Van Halen ever ripped anyone off? Or than Van Halen's best song is not as good as Bon Jovi's worst?

Thanks for posting publicly that I'm right and you're wrong - I assumed it was common knowledge? But despite me saying a lot of awesome things, I am not sure where you got the idea I said any of those things. For the record:

Edward Van Halen is a very good guitarist. Technically better than Richie Sambora and a lot of guitarists. But he is a terrible song writer and I would prefer to listen to most other guitarists, including Richie Sambora. Even though... and I'll bold it for you... Edward Van Halen is a better guitarist than Richie Sambora.

Seriously, the Van Halen ripping people off - where'd you even get that from? Nice fiction, mate. If there was another band that bad, why the hell would anyone want to rip them off?! ;) Nah, Van Halen are their own band with their own sound and style. It's just that they write bad songs.

And Van Halen have about 10 songs in their entire discography that are not only better than Bon Jovi's worst songs, but probably as good as a lot of their best. Van Halen do have a few good songs. Only problem is that there's a great song in approximately every 10 songs they record.

Anyway, I'm glad you realise that Van Halen suck, and that I was the one to help you see that. Always glad to assist. :)

And I agree that 'Edge of a broken heart' is definitely in the best 10 Bon Jovi songs. Killer tune.

Creep.

No Van Halen did start writing a lot of crap, especially on Diver Down, but I don't consider Bon Jovi especially great songwriters, lets take for example Slippery When Wet, now was it so great cause it was great, or was it great cause they brainwashed us all by playing it every 5 minutes? Keep The Faith was just standard by the book pop rock, I don't really consider any of it special, now listen to In And Out Of Love, Tokyo Road, Only Lonely, Hardest Part Is The Night, these are all in and of themselves actually good songs, and they were not shoved down our throats, Van Halen I destroys anything BJ ever did, and Van Halen II pretty great, not even the same type of music, but theres not 1 BJ album that was from start to finish great songs, so I guess that is why albums from start to finish full of great songs are so few and far between, like Blue Tears for instance, or So Far From Real, from track 1 to the end, killer songs, I also put High & Dry and Pyromania in this category, just my opinion.

Slippery When Wet was a case of being in the right place at the right time, I think ... for my money, both New Jersey (ignoring the ballad) and Keep The Faith are stronger/more consistent albums ... but, then, couldn't the same be said for a number of bands from that era? Looking at Van Halen (and I do love those early albums), did they get as big as they did because 1984 was a stone-cold classic? Or was it because Jump was being played on the radio all the time? Again, I think they've done far better albums, but they came along with the right song at the right time. The same with Twisted Sister and Stay Hungry/We're Not Gonna Take It ... if you look back at 1983/1984, there are no end of bands who had massive success thanks to getting one or two songs on the radio/MTV, not because they produced classic albums ...

Yep, great points. Pretty much all covered.

And to Cody above, to each their own. I also don't think Bon Jovi have a start to finish perfect album (though I agree with Gibbo that 'New Jersey' and 'Keep the faith' are pretty damn close) but neither do 99% of bands we love. I personally don't think Van Halen have more than 2 or 3 great songs on any one of their CDs, let alone a great album from start to end. Just my opinion, though.

And for the record, I never got anything from this era shoved down my throat because I was 7 when 'Slippery when wet' was released and wouldn't have known it from a pubic hair. I got into Bon Jovi all by myself in 1995, with no radio influence. I just liked what I heard from my brother's tape and bought the back catalogue because I loved the music - not because they were a popular band in their heyday. And I love all their albums up to and including 'These days,' including '7800 Fahrenheit.' Love 'em all just because it's good music.

• My Little Pony

And for the record, I never got anything from this era shoved down my throat because I was 7 when 'Slippery when wet' was released and wouldn't have known it from a pubic hair. I got into Bon Jovi all by myself in 1995, with no radio influence. I just liked what I heard from my brother's tape and bought the back catalogue because I loved the music - not because they were a popular band in their heyday. And I love all their albums up to and including 'These days,' including '7800 Fahrenheit.' Love 'em all just because it's good music.

All by himself. I'm sure he was often all by himself. I'm sure he still is. ;}

LOL. so let me get this straight Geoff, you just said So Far From Real was a horrible album and only fags listen to it? now im getting angry

LUCK?? Wasnt his uncle or dad or something the head of Mercury Records? I don't believe BJ had any kind of luck, they had from what I understand access to every demo that came through the record label, in which they could easily sit and pick out their favorites to any of the thousands of un copyrighted songs sent in by thousands of unknown hacks, then after they had selected the best, learn them with his own band, have whoever it was he was related to in the business get him studio time and producers, then after he had cut all the songs, he had easy access to every radio station in the country,

Way, way, way off the mark here!

As stated in another response, his cousin ran or was a producer at Powerstation studios and Jon used to be the cleaner! He then had the opportunity to use the studio for recording demos after hours (ie the "power station demos" that are easily available these days).

Working in the studio enabled him to meet quite a few museos and he managed to get a few of these guys to assist with his demos, one of which was 'Runaway' which was submitted to WAPP radio and was included on one of those up'n'coming artist type compilations. It was from this 1 track that he was signed to Mercury Records, and immediately looked into putting together the band.

I may stand corrected, but i'm pretty sure the version of 'Runaway' and the first s/t album is the one recorded with session museos, and was never actually re-recorded with the band we know as bon jovi.

So, at that stage JBJ did not have access to every demo that came across the desk at mercury records. (although i have heard similar stories of later in their career... post 1989... when they were at the top of their game) that a few song ideas may have been borrowed from other artists demos.

In contrast to the statement that they used other peoples songs, there is only 1 songs on a bon jovi album that is a non-bon jovi written track.

LUCK?? Wasnt his uncle or dad or something the head of Mercury Records? I don't believe BJ had any kind of luck, they had from what I understand access to every demo that came through the record label, in which they could easily sit and pick out their favorites to any of the thousands of un copyrighted songs sent in by thousands of unknown hacks, then after they had selected the best, learn them with his own band, have whoever it was he was related to in the business get him studio time and producers, then after he had cut all the songs, he had easy access to every radio station in the country,

Way, way, way off the mark here!

As stated in another response, his cousin ran or was a producer at Powerstation studios and Jon used to be the cleaner! He then had the opportunity to use the studio for recording demos after hours (ie the "power station demos" that are easily available these days).

Working in the studio enabled him to meet quite a few museos and he managed to get a few of these guys to assist with his demos, one of which was 'Runaway' which was submitted to WAPP radio and was included on one of those up'n'coming artist type compilations. It was from this 1 track that he was signed to Mercury Records, and immediately looked into putting together the band.

I may stand corrected, but i'm pretty sure the version of 'Runaway' and the first s/t album is the one recorded with session museos, and was never actually re-recorded with the band we know as bon jovi.

So, at that stage JBJ did not have access to every demo that came across the desk at mercury records. (although i have heard similar stories of later in their career... post 1989... when they were at the top of their game) that a few song ideas may have been borrowed from other artists demos.

In contrast to the statement that they used other peoples songs, there is only 1 songs on a bon jovi album that is a non-bon jovi written track.

That is one song that we know of?? borrowing peoples demos to record as their own is what ive heard, and it at that point is not borrowing it is ripping them off, theres no way to know how many demos they heard, and decided to make their own, since their was no way to prove otherwise, the artist who originally wrote it says hey thats our song, and by this time he is Bon Jovi and people are going to say, yeah sure it was buddy, why would bon jovi steal your music, get where im going with this?

That is one song that we know of?? borrowing peoples demos to record as their own is what ive heard, and it at that point is not borrowing it is ripping them off, theres no way to know how many demos they heard, and decided to make their own, since their was no way to prove otherwise, the artist who originally wrote it says hey thats our song, and by this time he is Bon Jovi and people are going to say, yeah sure it was buddy, why would bon jovi steal your music, get where im going with this?

yeah, i see what you're saying but at the time that he got the break he was not previously tied up with mercury records, he was basically a no-one, so i cannot see mercury records giving him the choice of whatever and whoever to rip-off.

Later on, once the band was one of the biggest touring acts in the world, i can see that sorta stuff happening within record companies, but to say they only made it in the beginning by ripping off other artists is a very long bow to draw.

By saying they made it by ripping off other people songs is almost inferring that Desmond Child stole the songs from other artists. You'd be a brave man to suggets that.

Yeah I think I read somewhere that Jon used to sweep the studio and the 'Runaway' thing was a lucky break to reach the label's desk. But I think label also see that Jon Bon Jovi has that superstar look and like it or not, I guess thanks to Jon's great look that they can still be as big as todays, and Richie himself is also a good lookin' guy.

I remember reading somewhere that Jon wants to be musician and guitarist in the first place because when he met Richie, he can pick a lot of chicks just because he can play guitars haha and to be frankly, to this day, i still think Richie is also a better singer than Jon, but Jon has his own charm that make him a great leader i guess, and he can write lots of great love song lyrics, so probably that's the reason he's always the spotlight and not really Richie.

I still maintain that lucky breaks or whatever songs you 'acquire', you've still got to be able to cut it live.

And BJ have been one of the best.

Is what happened with them any different to what happens now even in our small genre - frontiers sourcing the best writers to get songs for their artists? Yeah it's not stealing music but then again some bands now aren't writing their own material.

Just saying.

LOL. so let me get this straight Geoff, you just said So Far From Real was a horrible album and only fags listen to it? now im getting angry

I certainly was all by myself all the time back then, and still am a lot of the time today. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it that way, though. Other people are waaay over-rated. In fact, I basically hate most of them.

So the 'So far from real' comment? Is that just a random comment to get me to do a handstand, or is that based on something I said? Are you saying only fags listen to it because I'm gay and it's my favourite album of all time? Gay as in happy, of course.

Stop being stoned, man. ;)

his cousin ran or was a producer at Powerstation studios and Jon used to be the cleaner!

Yup, that would be Tony Bongiovi, who worked on records by the Ramones, Gloria Gaynor, Ace Frehley and the Talking Heads, just to name a few.

Tony's connections with disco-soundtrack freak Meco resulted in Jon getting his first ever recorded lead vocal on an album with this track from "Christmas in the Stars," a "Star Wars" holiday album from 1980.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYg3jYS6KoM

Seriously. You can't make this shit up.

Working in the studio enabled him to meet quite a few museos and he managed to get a few of these guys to assist with his demos, one of which was 'Runaway' which was submitted to WAPP radio and was included on one of those up'n'coming artist type compilations.

I remember hearing "Runaway" on WAPP (a now-long-gone New York area rock radio station) back then, and seeing that compilation album in local record stores. I kinda wish I'd bought one now, it's probably a collector's item.

I certainly was all by myself all the time back then, and still am a lot of the time today. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it that way, though. Other people are waaay over-rated. In fact, I basically hate most of them.

So the 'So far from real' comment? Is that just a random comment to get me to do a handstand, or is that based on something I said? Are you saying only fags listen to it because I'm gay and it's my favourite album of all time? Gay as in happy, of course.

Stop being stoned, man. ;)

He He He, did it work?

his cousin ran or was a producer at Powerstation studios and Jon used to be the cleaner!

Yup, that would be Tony Bongiovi, who worked on records by the Ramones, Gloria Gaynor, Ace Frehley and the Talking Heads, just to name a few.

Tony's connections with disco-soundtrack freak Meco resulted in Jon getting his first ever recorded lead vocal on an album with this track from "Christmas in the Stars," a "Star Wars" holiday album from 1980.

Seriously. You can't make this shit up.

Yeah, i got this original start wars christmas song on 7" vinyl. it was the b-side to "what can you get a wookie for xmas" (or something like that). In fact, i even have a spare copy on my jovi trade list. I think this was jon's first ever released recording.

I think this was jon's first ever released recording.

Indeed it was. Though I imagine he's probably done his best to sweep that fact under the rug for the past 30 years or so. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Edge of a Broken Heart is a killer track. Can anyone hook me up with it? Saw the soundtrack on ebay but it's insanely priced and doesn't look to offer too much belong this wicked song.

I believe it was a bonus track on the Japanese version of Slippery, but I could be wrong, I can send it to you when I get home later.

Wow! Edge of a Broken Heart is a killer track. Can anyone hook me up with it? Saw the soundtrack on ebay but it's insanely priced and doesn't look to offer too much belong this wicked song.

I believe it was a bonus track on the Japanese version of Slippery, but I could be wrong, I can send it to you when I get home later.

Appreciate that. Thanks. Not sure how you go about doing it but my email is shamusquinn@hotmail.com if that helps.

Thanks again.

Edge was included on a couple CD Singles back in the day (at least one, anyway) and also appears on 100,000,000 fans.

If you think that song is good, do yourself a favor and track down the Slippery Demos. Yes, raw as heck and terrible sound quality, but the early song progressions, alternate lyrics and Richie handling vocals on at least three tracks (including Never Say Goodbye) is nothing short of fantastic. I'd love to hear some studio quality outtakes from their time in Vancouver B.C. the summer of 1986. It's gotta be out there somewhere...

Appreciate that. Thanks. Not sure how you go about doing it but my email is shamusquinn@hotmail.com if that helps.

Thanks again.

Hey bro let me know if you received my email?

Edge was included on a couple CD Singles back in the day (at least one, anyway) and also appears on 100,000,000 fans.

The 'Always' single as a b-side is where I heard it.

I have it on a cd single somewhere (in a box!) along with 'Borderline' which is also great!

I have it on a cd single somewhere (in a box!) along with 'Borderline' which is also great!

And don't forget LOVE IS WAR which I first heard on a cassete-single (either Bad Medicine or Livin' In Sin) back in 1989. That song is easily good enough to have made the cut!

I know I will get MANY people who will not agree with me but really, Bon Jovi has made almost all the right moves.

Meh -- if I thought he could sing better I might be more of a fan, but I've never liked his voice. The band itself always sounded pretty good to me. "Runaway" from the first BJ album is still the killer BJ song for me -- although "Blaze of Glory" is right up there. I never got into too much of the really popular stuff that made them stars (like the Slippery When Wet album).