Sign in to follow this  

White Eagle-Bustin' Ass

Fuckin' amazing for an overrated CD as this one ! For any CD, come to think of it ..... !

Someone with too much money and not enough sense (read as cents)...

You know, we always go off on auctions like this, I just wonder how often it's one of us dropping such ludicrous coin.

Yet another example of a cd that needs a reissue.

Oh wow, the actual worthwhile things I could do with that money... :(

I watched this one and was stunned by the end result. Only $200 a song right? No problem ;)

You know, we always go off on auctions like this, I just wonder how often it's one of us dropping such ludicrous coin.

Honestly .... me, never, ever ! No way ! Besides my wife would kill me, if she ever found out. :axe:

I'm surprised that Russian site hasn't put a import boot version of this out yet.

$1200 for a six song CD? Jeezus. It would probably be cheaper to hire the band members to come to your house and play all six songs live and in person in your living room!

Fuckin' amazing for an overrated CD as this one !

Out of curiosity, I checked out a couple of tracks from this band via YouTube... and I'd have to agree w/Swazi here... this is pretty standard, bush league stuff. I might have paid $11.98 for it when it was new but not $1,198 for it now!!

I haven't heard this in years, but based on my comments on the main page, and my vague recollection, I actually thought this was a pretty good indie disc. But I agree with you, Keith. For the music alone I wouldn't pay more than $11.98.

White Eagle - Bustin Ass might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I find the album quite enjoyable. I actually toss it in quite often, and usually give it a few spins. Every track is solid, no fillers here. I'm not saying that I would have been willing to pay over $1,000 for it, but it really is one of the better glam indies out there.

Gettin' the band to play for ya might be a bit hard since the band's guitarist and founder, Jack Pemma, passed away a few years ago. Another reason why it will not get reissued anytime soon.

As for the price........makes me wonder if the bidders realized the auction was in British Pounds rather than U.S. dollars! lol Either way, someone was willing to part with a nice sum of cash for it. Not the first time I've seen big dollars on a rare CD......and I'm sure it won't be the last!

There was a time when ebay was brand new in the late 90's when prices like these were commonplace (our buddy PJ was making a killing back then selling original Japanese pressings).

Now, I just don't get it. "Most" people no longer care about having the original / physical media (I do not fall into that catagory), so spending more than a grand for a single CD is crazy. I mean that's Beatles - Butcher Cover pricing for God's sake.

But to each their own. I'm certainly guilty of spending way more than I should have countless times in the past (and still do on occassion).

I'm one of those that has to have the actual physical cd. I love collecting CDs. I found a download of this album to see if I wanted to try to search it out as I've never heard of them & I saw it was on the eBay rarities list on here. I have to say... $11 would be too much for this disc, let alone over $1K. Talk about over hyped with an insane buyer. The production is awful & the songs are completely forgettable.

In my experience most "rare" CDs by obscure bands that are "valuable" are rare because they didn't sell in the first place. They didn't sell because they sucked lol. Not all. There were a few bands that just slipped through the cracks. And there were several that didn't deserve to make it as big as they did.

Agreed. It's very rare you actually hear one of these mega rare discs and it's actually any good, let alone great. Most the time there is a good reason why it's rare as hell.

I'm surprised that Russian site hasn't put a import boot version of this out yet.

by the way concretely this white eagle bought one guy from russia. in total this is third ever white eagle original copy here in russia. and no one from them doesn't want to share it with pirates

Never heard of this band. Ridiculous...

You're new 'round these parts. Stick around a while and you'll hear many tales of CDs by no-name "MEGA RARE INDIE" bands going for prices that border on retarded...

It's a pretty decent disc I have the downloaded MP3 version, there was one a couple of months back that had a buy it now for $2,000. I think some dumb ass bought it.