STATION - Wired EP

Stefan

I've had the chance to work with Station a bit. The whole release is great.. it is hard to even pick a favorite song. Look for 3 new videos to be released before April 30th. Station will also be playing my annual "M-Pre Party" on April 30, 2015 in Columbia, Maryland. If any HH members are in the area just contact me and I'll hook them up for the show.

It is going to be a great year for this band.

Good to hear...I think that qualifies as the first review I've seen of the album :)

I've only heard the EP songs and the latest single....I'd have to point to Everything and this newest song as my favorites so far. I'd heard enough to pre-order it though and looking forward to hearing the rest. Hoping they can keep the same style throughout with hooks and harmonies....and rock of course.

I guess I don't see many new bands putting music out with this vibe in the US these days so it's refreshing to see.

Oh yeah.. The new release has all the same style as the EP. Plenty of hooks throughout the release. The second single is gonna be "Dressed To Kill".. a bit more of a rocker but plenty of hooks. The video for that one should be out in about 3 or 4 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this...sounding good to me.

That album cover isn't going to do them any favors though IMO.

That is exactly why they chose an album cover like that.. They don't want anyone to have any preconceived idea about the band... They want the music to speak for itself.

I've heard the whole release in it's entirety (many times).. I don't think many people will be disappointed at all. A very solid release.

Looking forward to this...sounding good to me.

That album cover isn't going to do them any favors though IMO.

That is exactly why they chose an album cover like that.. They don't want anyone to have any preconceived idea about the band... They want the music to speak for itself.

I've heard the whole release in it's entirety (many times).. I don't think many people will be disappointed at all. A very solid release.

I just hope the album doesn't give people the wrong idea about the band. I mean, when I look at that album cover, it looks sorta "poppy" to me and my expectations would be almost to hear something like One Direction. It just doesn't look like a melodic rock cover to me for some reason....maybe it's the pastel colors or something...

They do sound great though and I'm not sure covers are all that important anymore in this download age...so hope it all works out for them.

This one is highly anticipated for me and I'm hoping and almost expecting it to be my debut album of the year :)

Another new Station video posted from the upcoming album. Definitely a little bit different than other songs I've heard so far...And not sure how I feel about it yet as I've only listened once...But I'm finding I want to listen to it again :)

This won't be an easy point to get across, I fear, but I dig that song above. It's not the greatest song in the world, but it still has a really cool vibe. It sounds a lot more like a not-so-great song from the late 80's / early 90's, rather than one of the countless not-so-great songs you hear all day every day these days on new releases. Really digging the sounds/style/vibe of these guys.

This won't be an easy point to get across, I fear, but I dig that song above. It's not the greatest song in the world, but it still has a really cool vibe. It sounds a lot more like a not-so-great song from the late 80's / early 90's, rather than one of the countless not-so-great songs you hear all day every day these days on new releases. Really digging the sounds/style/vibe of these guys.

I get you exactly and was thinking the same thing.

There's nothing overly special and "blow you away" about it. But what I like about these guys is just the simple, 80's/90's melodic rock vibe I'm getting from them without being copycat, try-hard posers. There's just something refreshing about them. And let's face it...There just don't seem to be many young, American bands putting out music like this.

I've seen a few different impressions of their album from different people and have heard a lot of positive responses. Although, they've not gotten very much attention on most sites I visit yet.

I think they deserve some though :)

Dave, is that guitarist rocking your shirt?

Yep.. That's my company shirt Chris is "rocking"... Pretty Cool. He now has the new design and it should be in a future video. ;)

Ordered mine direct on cd from the band :) couldn't find it in a physical format anywhere else.

Not "officially" released until tomorrow...

It hasn't left my CD player since I've gotten the physical CD.

For those who have ordered.. They all should ship within the next couple days.

http://stationnyc.bandcamp.com/

Not sure if the link works for everybody or not but think you are able to listen to all the songs on the album.

Very impressed with these guys and it's been quite awhile since I've been so excited about a debut album. Can't wait for the physical CD and have a feeling it'll be getting a lot of play.

There is a definite late 80's style, rock vibe with these guys and something very refreshing about them :)

Ordered the CD and got an immediate download, so had a quick spin today. Really good, 80's retro sound with a good production. At 15 tracks and over 70 minutes, lots to get your teeth into. Will report back once I've spun it a bit more

Have finally gotten the physical CD and able to listen to the songs with some better sound....

It's early yet....but don't see anything topping this as my debut of the year and should find itself squarely in my top 10 overall somewhere.

Cool throwback sound. Also doesn't hurt that they list Def Leppard as one of their musical influences on their FB page :)

Curious what your thoughts are after more spins?

This CD has really grown on me the second and third time through it. I mean, I liked it from the start but it's went to a different level after even more spins. As of now, I'd say it's my favorite debut CD in recent memory and I really might put this in my top 15-20 albums of the past 5-10 years if I were making a list.

I think part of it is just that I haven't heard a young band putting out something with such a cool retro feel to it in a long time and doing it without sounding like tryhard copycats. I suppose for me the closest comparison might be somebody like H.e.a.t....but I'm not sure if that's really a good comparison or not.

I just hear elements of various 80's bands in these guys. I hear elements of 80's era Bon Jovi, Leppard, Tesla, Winger, Trixter, Tyketto, etc. It's just melodic rock bliss to me and there is a good amount of variety within the 15 songs on the CD with everything from rock to mid tempo to ballads being covered. Normally I might say that 71 minutes and 15 songs is too much but I sorta appreciate that these guys have tossed it all out there.

Sorry I've hyped them a few times in this thread...will try to tone it down....but just really enjoying this CD :)

Ordered the CD and got an immediate download, so had a quick spin today. Really good, 80's retro sound with a good production. At 15 tracks and over 70 minutes, lots to get your teeth into. Will report back once I've spun it a bit more