Harem Scarem are back!

Glen

• My Little Pony

Well the main one I am referring to us 'Just As I Planned' - f terrible song imo. No hook, awful arrangement & just really bad.

Yeah I'd say one of the worst HS songs and by definition a complete filler.

The other songs on the second half are all good, but we are talking nigh on 100% up to & including Sent Blvd and then maybe 80% for the rest.

Have always thought the first half was flawless and the second less so.

Haha, how come no one pointed out above I was talking about the wrong song? :lol: I was, of course, referring to 'Just like I planned.' No hook? Are you insane, man? The "I'm gonna take my time" chorus hook is one of the album's biggest hooks. The backing vocals throughout the whole song, particularly in the chorus, are just all really bad news, though. Like I said above, I would love to hear a fully instrumentalised version of this song on the new CD.

He is right actually....the song is terrible and the album would be perfect w/o it.

You guys are out your damn minds. That's one of my favourite tracks on the album. I've honestly skipped the entire album at times, just to get to that song.

Also, Geoff, nobody knew what hell you were saying, 'cause nobody ever knows what the hell you're saying, 'cause you're always saying nonsense.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Geoff, nobody knew what hell you were saying, 'cause nobody ever knows what the hell you're saying, 'cause you're always saying nonsense.

Your face will be mistaken for mashed potato once I'm through with it.

Let me know if/when you decipher that and I'll make it a reality. ;)

• My Little Pony

Your face will be mistaken for mashed potato once I'm through with it.

Let me know if/when you decipher that and I'll make it a reality. ;)

See. Nonsense.

I agree with Glen, the aceppala 'Just Like I Planned' should have been replaced with a proper ballad. The vocals on the track are amazing, but the track really doesn't belong. I love Sentimental Blvd., but I'd prefer if Harry sang the updated version. The track Jealousy is not that great and has a really weak chorus, I wouldn't be upset if they left that one off the re-recorded version...I'm not a fan of bluesy rock. However the original production is stellar and strong.

I understand they are re-recording to get the rights to the songs, however I wish they'd do the same for the debut, that release is near flawless...other than the dated production. When ever I've burned HS cd-r's for my car, I've always noticed the tracks I put on from the debut are way low and I always have to adjust the volume. If not re-record it, than remaster it or something.

Here is the best solution, re-record both albums and put them on 1 disc. Leave off 'Just Like I Planned' and 'Jealousy' and you would be left with 19 tracks and 78 minutes of pure bliss.

I agree with Glen, the aceppala 'Just Like I Planned' should have been replaced with a proper ballad. The vocals on the track are amazing, but the track really doesn't belong. I love Sentimental Blvd., but I'd prefer if Harry sang the updated version. The track Jealousy is not that great and has a really weak chorus, I wouldn't be upset if they left that one off the re-recorded version...I'm not a fan of bluesy rock. However the original production is stellar and strong.

I understand they are re-recording to get the rights to the songs, however I wish they'd do the same for the debut, that release is near flawless...other than the dated production. When ever I've burned HS cd-r's for my car, I've always noticed the tracks I put on from the debut are way low and I always have to adjust the volume. If not re-record it, than remaster it or something.

Here is the best solution, re-record both albums and put them on 1 disc. Leave off 'Just Like I Planned' and 'Jealousy' and you would be left with 19 tracks and 78 minutes of pure bliss.

Hess sings Sent Blvd on his solo album and it is better, a bit too clean tho - perhaps they can get the best of both worlds.......Hess singing it and balls out rocking. That would be perfect!

I actually like Jealousy, nice song.

• My Little Pony

I like 'Jealousy' too, but it was always my least favourite of the "proper" tracks on 'Mood Swings.'

All tracks are proper, and no track is weak.

Don't have a problem with 'Just Like I Planned' too - the acappela is fine by me, pretty nice vocal and the chorus is awesome

Can't talk anything bad about 'Mood Swing' but somehow I prefer the debut slightly, two killer albums though

Don't have a problem with 'Just Like I Planned' too - the acappela is fine by me, pretty nice vocal and the chorus is awesome

Can't talk anything bad about 'Mood Swing' but somehow I prefer the debut slightly, two killer albums though

Actually my fav is Higher. These 2 are on a par tho. Great band in general.

I like 'Jealousy' too, but it was always my least favourite of the "proper" tracks on 'Mood Swings.'

All tracks are proper, and no track is weak.

Instrumentals and acapella tracks are not proper.

Actually my fav is Higher. These 2 are on a par tho. Great band in general.

I like Higher and WoTW, but are you saying that you prefer Higher than the debut ?

Well all 3 are worth 90-95% so it's damned close. Some of my fav HS songs are on Higher

Agreed. Waited is a MONSTER!

Probably my fav tune by them along with Slowly Slipping, Saviours & WOTW.

• 6 months later...
  • My Little Pony

Samples from 'Mood Swing II':

Absolutely does not need to be re-recorded...

but HOLY SHIT THAT IS GOOD!!

Not enough of a difference to reorder it again. Subtle changes I guess. I was worried about Harry's votive but that can be fixed :) I think this is a way to get fan attention for another long run...hopefully!

Absolutely does..........as previously mentioned this is purely to re-gain the recording rights.

Also 3 new songs...........that's what Im excited about.

The new song sounds amazing to these ears.

[one thing that does piss me off though is that Harry is still not going to sing Sent Blvd.....he sounded amazing on his solo album but the production wasnt beefy enough - I was looking forward to finally having a definitive version of this track - Harry singing with a huge production but sadly that wont be the case :-(]

• My Little Pony

Absolutely does..........as previously mentioned this is purely to re-gain the recording rights.

No, I meant it already sounds so good, it doesn't need to be updated, unlike the debut, which could use a little help production-wise.

• My Little Pony

I'm just gonna put these here as a reference.

No Justice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGxx8hyzKbE

Change Comes Around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zbm1NkcLgs