Harem Scarem are back!

Glen

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, not surprising.

Re-recording Mood Swings is cool, but I'd rather they re-record the debut, that one sounds dated in the production dept, Mood Swings still sounds fresh, like it was recorded last week.

I'm looking forward to a new one, I had a tough time thinking they would bow out with Hope as their last release. I really didn't dig Hope all that much, it was by far their weakest release in their post Rubber years.

• My Little Pony

Okay, I'm not too excited that they're re-recording "Mood Swings," aside from the fact it may mean that's the direction they plan to take their sound. But, the bastards are BACK, so in the words of James May, "I'm fizzing fit to burst."

Okay, I'm not too excited that they're re-recording "Mood Swings," aside from the fact it may mean that's the direction they plan to take their sound. But, the bastards are BACK, so in the words of James May, "I'm fizzing fit to burst."

Apparently it's to reclaim the rights or something legal like that?

Don't the same people own the legal rights to the debut as the mood swings cd?

Great news, not surprising.

Re-recording Mood Swings is cool, but I'd rather they re-record the debut, that one sounds dated in the production dept, Mood Swings still sounds fresh, like it was recorded last week.

I'm looking forward to a new one, I had a tough time thinking they would bow out with Hope as their last release. I really didn't dig Hope all that much, it was by far their weakest release in their post Rubber years.

100% agree, they need to re-record the debut!!!

Don't the same people own the legal rights to the debut as the mood swings cd?

Don't know

Their bass player, Barry Donaghy has retired, but their original drummer Darren Smith will be taking over on bass.

Their bass player, Barry Donaghy has retired, but their original drummer Darren Smith will be taking over on bass.

And backing vocals of course. He is HS answer to Michael Anthony and Van Halen.

Not really surprising, expecting this since couple years ago, and there are no particular reason they need to break up in the first place except for gaining the reunion momentum like today. Usually, reunion produces more money, and I bet they'll go straight to Japan to farm some cash :)

Anyway, yeah the debut needs to be re-recorded and hopefully the new one will be in the veins of the first two albums

Not really surprising, expecting this since couple years ago, and there are no particular reason they need to break up in the first place except for gaining the reunion momentum like today. Usually, reunion produces more money, and I bet they'll go straight to Japan to farm some cash :)

Anyway, yeah the debut needs to be re-recorded and hopefully the new one will be in the veins of the first two albums

Hess said the 3 bonus tracks will be just like Mood Swings stuff - cant wait!

As a few noted, if you didn't see this coming at some point, you're probably a gnome. But it's still awesome news that it is now a reality, again.

Like every man and his dog has said, no need in the world to re-record 'Mood swings,' but the 3 new songs will be awesome. I'll just count the days until the next new studio album.

As a few noted, if you didn't see this coming at some point, you're probably a gnome. But it's still awesome news that it is now a reality, again.

Like every man and his dog has said, no need in the world to re-record 'Mood swings,' but the 3 new songs will be awesome. I'll just count the days until the next new studio album.

Like I said earlier the main reason the band is doing this is to reclaim the rights to the music from Warner.

At least they are doing the right thing and packaging it with a DVD and 3 bonus tracks to make it worthwhile.

& it is possible to improve these tracks - the Hess solo version of Sent Blvd sounds much better than the Mood Swings version IMO.

If I was them I'd leave off a filler or 2 on the second half as well lol ;-))

Wow, I only just thought of it, but I'd love to hear a proper version of 'Mandy.' Even if it's a nice acoustic version. That's a killer tune just waiting to be heard.

A lot of bands are doing it these days, most notably Def Leppard. I don't blame them one bit...

I also agree that Mood Swings is fine the way it is and the debut could use a beefing up. I am just happy they are back together. I figured it was a matter of time...they never really took a break so I understand it all. Plus even cooler, Darren is back in the mix! Can you say, background vocals? :)

I welcome this up coming reissue of sorts especially for the additional bonus tracks & the release is said couple with some prime DVD footage from back in the day during the recording of the album.

If you don't have it the Raw & Live (I think it was called) cd/dvd has a full show from 1994 as bonus footage from the MS tour. The quality isn't perfect but still cool.

• My Little Pony

Wow, I only just thought of it, but I'd love to hear a proper version of 'Mandy.' Even if it's a nice acoustic version. That's a killer tune just waiting to be heard.

What do you mean "proper version"?

• My Little Pony

Like I said earlier the main reason the band is doing this is to reclaim the rights to the music from Warner.

At least they are doing the right thing and packaging it with a DVD and 3 bonus tracks to make it worthwhile.

& it is possible to improve these tracks - the Hess solo version of Sent Blvd sounds much better than the Mood Swings version IMO.

If I was them I'd leave off a filler or 2 on the second half as well lol ;-))

Fillers? You're out your damn mind, Glen. There are no fillers on this one.

What do you mean "proper version"?

A version with instruments rather than creepy vocal music.

I agree, though, that there's no fillers here. Songs that aren't as flawless as some others, but no fillers.

Well the main one I am referring to us 'Just As I Planned' - f terrible song imo. No hook, awful arrangement & just really bad.

Yeah I'd say one of the worst HS songs and by definition a complete filler.

The other songs on the second half are all good, but we are talking nigh on 100% up to & including Sent Blvd and then maybe 80% for the rest.

Have always thought the first half was flawless and the second less so.

Well the main one I am referring to us 'Just As I Planned' - f terrible song imo. No hook, awful arrangement & just really bad.

The other songs on the second half are all good, but we are talking nigh on 100% up to & including Sent Blvd and then maybe 80% for the rest.

Haha, how come no one pointed out above I was talking about the wrong song? :lol: I was, of course, referring to 'Just like I planned.' No hook? Are you insane, man? The "I'm gonna take my time" chorus hook is one of the album's biggest hooks. The backing vocals throughout the whole song, particularly in the chorus, are just all really bad news, though. Like I said above, I would love to hear a fully instrumentalised version of this song on the new CD.

Haha, how come no one pointed out above I was talking about the wrong song? :lol: I was, of course, referring to 'Just like I planned.' No hook? Are you insane, man? The "I'm gonna take my time" chorus hook is one of the album's biggest hooks. The backing vocals throughout the whole song, particularly in the chorus, are just all really bad news, though. Like I said above, I would love to hear a fully instrumentalised version of this song on the new CD.

He is right actually....the song is terrible and the album would be perfect w/o it.