Hardcore Superstar - One More Minute

darin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice big anthemic tune. Love the guitar in the lead up to the chorus - delicious! Very nice song as far as I'm concerned.

Nice big anthemic tune. Love the guitar in the lead up to the chorus - delicious! Very nice song as far as I'm concerned.

Agree!

Agree!

yeah, super melodic....love HS sounding like this!

Oh and one more thing - Crashdiet take note on how to produce an album ;-))

YES!

So did anyone get their sneaky little naughty pumpkin ears on this today?

The intro is terrible - unreasonably bad rather than just pointless. But after that, the first 4 songs are killers, especially the opener. The only real problem with this disc is what happens next. The ballad, 'Stranger of mine' is a complete dud, and momentum killer. And sadly, following that is the most (and only) average rocker on the disc, in 'Won't take the blame,' crazily followed by a 1:45 outro to this same song. A really weird, and imo poor move. The upside? The next two songs are killers, and the last two are pretty sweet too - the last being a very good ballad, to make up for the earlier mess.

Overall, seems like a pretty great disc and some of their biggest choruses yet. There's some real "anthemic" stuff here and is another step in the direction that these guys arguably get better with every release. The middle section is odd, but it doesn't spoil an otherwise great disc.

Oh yeah, and production is killer, of course.

The intro is terrible - unreasonably bad rather than just pointless. But after that, the first 4 songs are killers, especially the opener. The only real problem with this disc is what happens next. The ballad, 'Stranger of mine' is a complete dud, and momentum killer. And sadly, following that is the most (and only) average rocker on the disc, in 'Won't take the blame,' crazily followed by a 1:45 outro to this same song. A really weird, and imo poor move. The upside? The next two songs are killers, and the last two are pretty sweet too - the last being a very good ballad, to make up for the earlier mess.

Overall, seems like a pretty great disc and some of their biggest choruses yet. There's some real "anthemic" stuff here and is another step in the direction that these guys arguably get better with every release. The middle section is odd, but it doesn't spoil an otherwise great disc.

backed, the intro is like WTF ???! why. Utter madness imo.

I actually like Wont Take The Blame, but pt 2 is another WTF moment??

The rest of it is stonking.....Just what I expect of a Hardcore Superstar album.

I was actually thinking that the album slightly short changed the punter by including the intro as track 1 and also including pt 2 as another 'track' on a 12 track album, but then when else to you get at least 8 gems on one album.....very rarely.

Good work guys......looking forward to full (and proper - not just skipping through on you tube) spin on Spotify later.

Well Geoffrey - first full listen & I must admit that I really liked the laid back ballad Stranger Of Mine, and Won't Take The Blame is great too. No problem with these 2 at all.

In fact take away the silly intro & silly pt 2 and you have a pretty awesome 10 track album - very very nice indeed!

Well Geoffrey - first full listen & I must admit that I really liked the laid back ballad Stranger Of Mine, and Won't Take The Blame is great too. No problem with these 2 at all.

In fact take away the silly intro & silly pt 2 and you have a pretty awesome 10 track album - very very nice indeed!

Agree with everything you guys said!

This is effortless marvellous sleazy mhr. The more I spin this the more I like it - every song is killer for me.

This is effortless marvellous sleazy mhr. The more I spin this the more I like it - every song is killer for me.

I might be hated for this, but I'm not a huge fan of these guys(apart from a handful of songs). But this album kicks ass, agree with everyone about the intro & part 2 songs.

I definitely stand by my initial thoughts on 'Stranger of mine.' Just doesn't do a thing for me at all - really weak, boring ballad. 'Won't take the blame' is a good track - it's just that of all the rockers I think it's the weakest. But they're all good so it's not too outlandish to say such a thing. ;)

I definitely stand by my initial thoughts on 'Stranger of mine.' Just doesn't do a thing for me at all - really weak, boring ballad. 'Won't take the blame' is a good track - it's just that of all the rockers I think it's the weakest. But they're all good so it's not too outlandish to say such a thing. ;)

Im actually going to say that I love 'Stranger Of Mine'.

Really like the vibe, very cool and laid back. LOVE the lyrics. And the female vox are pretty cool too. Its perfectly positioned on the album which flows brilliantly I should add.

Yeah prefer this and in particular the last song (which is fab) to either ballad on Split You Lip.

Just me tho............

Im actually going to say that I love 'Stranger Of Mine'.

Really like the vibe, very cool and laid back. LOVE the lyrics. And the female vox are pretty cool too. Its perfectly positioned on the album which flows brilliantly I should add.

Yeah prefer this and in particular the last song (which is fab) to either ballad on Split You Lip.

Just me tho............

I agree with you on the last song. I think it's the best and only really great (?) ballad I can recall on a HS disc?

Well, there aren't many to choose from really?

Dreamin In A Casket is the closest thing on that album, although it isn't really a ballad

Beg For It - there isn't one is there??

Having said that I do really LOVE 'Standin On The Verge' off the s/t, that's a great ballad!

None of them are sappy love songs though so thats why you dont like them probably ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Agree that the intro is a waste of space and why should they include a confusing 'Won't Take The Blame part 2' ? I'll skip those two and only rate the other 10 tracks. For me here, 'Above The Law' is the champion and second best track is 'Cmon Take On Me'. The first single, 'One More Minute', after some spins, actually only an 8/10 track, but of course still a great one. 'Are You Gonna Cry Now?' is a decent track and I also think 'Stranger of Mine' is pretty average and definitely these two are the weakest songs.

'Won't Take The Blame' itself is a great song, I love it, and the rest 4 tracks are around 8 - 8.5. Production is flawless, I gave it a solid 10, musicianship is 8, and replay value is around 8, probably also it's way too short for an album, and mind that two useless tracks. Overall, a solid score and recommended!

84%