List of 2013 releases

Glen

i like their debut as much as the second, well lookin forward to the third installment

Really? I don't think I understood a single lyric on the debut. Good tunes, though,

I guess I should give A Lethal Dose Of... a few more spins, 'cause I can't remember any songs past the first two.

Is this the 'Get A Gun' dudes?

'Tis.

I do love that track, but wasnt the rest a tad patchy? Looking forward to hearing some new stuff - Im sure they have a real killer album in them.

Nah, the 2nd one wasn't that patchy. Not perfect, but damn good.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

i like their debut as much as the second, well lookin forward to the third installment

Really? I don't think I understood a single lyric on the debut. Good tunes, though,

I guess I should give A Lethal Dose Of... a few more spins, 'cause I can't remember any songs past the first two.

'Tis.

I do love that track, but wasnt the rest a tad patchy? Looking forward to hearing some new stuff - Im sure they have a real killer album in them.

I preferred the second track, "I Need A Doctor," but, like I said, I can only recall the first two.

U.D.O. - Steelhammer (May 24th/AFM Records)

Vicious Rumors - Electric Punishment (April 29th/Steamhammer/SP)

vrumorselectric.jpg

01. I Am The Gun

02. Black X List

03. Electric Punishment

04. D - Block

05. Escape (From Hell)

06. Dime Store Prophet

07. Together We Unite

08. Eternally

09. Thirst For A Kill

10. Strange Ways (KISS cover)

French sleaze rockers BlackRain are in the studio with producer Jack Douglas working on a new album. Hopefully a late spring/early summer release.

New album titled 'It Begins' due in late May. Record label to be announced soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Burning Rain - Epic Obsession(Frontiers) 5/17 Europe & 5/21 North America.

01867.jpg

Note: Also on the same date Frontiers is releasing reissues of the first two albums remastered w/ bonus tracks.

www.burningrain.net

Good news. I like their first two albums and this one's gotta be great too. Plus the cover is sexy. :)

Vicious Rumors - Electric Punishment (April 29th/Steamhammer/SP)

vrumorselectric.jpg

01. I Am The Gun

02. Black X List

03. Electric Punishment

04. D - Block

05. Escape (From Hell)

06. Dime Store Prophet

07. Together We Unite

08. Eternally

09. Thirst For A Kill

10. Strange Ways (KISS cover)

Really hope this is good. A band I really like, but they have had a tendency to put out patchy albums in recent years.

'Tis.

I preferred the second track, "I Need A Doctor," but, like I said, I can only recall the first two.

I'm with the Geoffmeister; it was a very good album. Not as immediate as the previous one (which I thought was their second) but very good after a few listens. Probably my favourite new band for at least a decade. Looking forward to their next one.

Escape - Borderline (March 25th)

269304_456920451041022_651926892_n.jpg

Wow, is that already the 2nd album from the band that released 'Unbreakable' in 2012? Never saw a single comment on that disc from anyone else. Craziness. If this has the same production quality of 'Unbreakable' it will arrive dead in the water. Good songs on the debut, though.

Yeah, I'm amazed there isn't a thread on that album. The songs sound really good, and really up HH's street. I've been wondering whether to get it. Agree that the production sounds really poor (from the online samples I've heard) though, which is a shame.

Wow, is that already the 2nd album from the band that released 'Unbreakable' in 2012? Never saw a single comment on that disc from anyone else. Craziness. If this has the same production quality of 'Unbreakable' it will arrive dead in the water. Good songs on the debut, though.

Yeah, I'm amazed there isn't a thread on that album. The songs sound really good, and really up HH's street. I've been wondering whether to get it. Agree that the production sounds really poor (from the online samples I've heard) though, which is a shame.

Seriously, don't get it, mate. The songs are okay, but they don't have staying power at all. The production is shocking and every time I hear it I get closer to actually disliking this album. Skip it, trust me.

Seriously, don't get it, mate. The songs are okay, but they don't have staying power at all. The production is shocking and every time I hear it I get closer to actually disliking this album. Skip it, trust me.

Cheers for the tip.

The title track sounds really good, so I might download that one.

I read somewhere that the production sounds like the album was recorded in a telephone box, which seemed pretty accurate.

Would you feel any differently if they did a good production job on the same songs?

Cheers for the tip.

The title track sounds really good, so I might download that one.

I read somewhere that the production sounds like the album was recorded in a telephone box, which seemed pretty accurate.

Would you feel any differently if they did a good production job on the same songs?

Hard to say. Initially I'd have said yes, but the more I spin it the less sure I am. It wouldn't be an amazing disc, but a good production job would increase it's worth by about 10% I reckon.

Kaledon - Altor: The King's Blacksmith (April 23rd/Scarlet Records)

539619_10151441613999171_1016626253_n.png

01. Innocence

02. Childhood

03. Between The Hammer And The Anvil

04. My Personal Hero

05. Lilibeth

06. A New Beginning

07. Kephren

08. Screams In The Wind

09. A Dark Prison

Kingdome Come - Outlier (April 29th/Steamhammer/SPV)

kingdomcomeoutlier.jpg

1.God Does Not Sing Our Song 04:05

2.Running High Distortion 04:14

3.Rough Ride Ralleye 04:35

4.Let The Silence Talk 03:29

5.Holy Curtain 03:59

6.The Trap Is Alive 04:41

7.Skip The Cover And Feel 03:37

8.Don`t Want You To Wait 04:31

9.Such A Shame 03:18

10.When Colors Break The Grey 05:03

p17h73irh415rl1q5l7o913hg5kq4.jpg

Not to my taste, by a decent enough song. Love the album cover!

yeah sorta minds me of something jeff beck would've picked...and is it just me or does the singer from the video(joe retta) look like frodo from lord of the rings...only with a moustache?

p17h73irh415rl1q5l7o913hg5kq4.jpg

Not to my taste, by a decent enough song. Love the album cover!

yeah sorta minds me of something jeff beck would've picked...and is it just me or does the singer from the video(joe retta) look like frodo from lord of the rings...only with a moustache?

Got a Deep Purple vibe going...I like it...