Player - Too Many Reasons/Frontiers Records

Stefan

• 4 weeks later...

ZOMFG IT'S RIDGE FROM BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL! lol.

Seriously, though, even if those samples were any good I couldn't take it seriously. They sound like the tacky kind of stuff you'd see on a rubbishy soapie. Awful. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I won't knock ya mate, as this lot have a good pedigree and have made some really good Westcoast records over the years. I will give it a good listen for sure.

Player - Too Many Reasons (Feb 22nd/Frontiers Records)

PLAYER%2Btmr%2BCOVER.jpg

1. Man On Fire

2. Precious

3. I Will

4. Tell Me

5. The Sins Of Yesterday

6. My Addiction

7. Too May Reasons

8. To The Extreme

9. The Words You Say

10. Life In Color

11. A Part Of Me

12. Nothin’ Like You

13. Baby Come Back

That official track is actually alright. Nice hook. I wonder if this is the reason Ridge Forrester left 'Bold & The Beautiful' after being on it for about 400 years?

• 1 month later...

This disc is definitely intended for the westcoast fan or those who's into very poppish 80s AOR stuff. I don't mind several tracks here such as 'Man On Fire', 'Precious', the acoustical poppish track 'I Will', the mid paced 'You're My Addiction' and 'You're My Addiction' are also pretty good; and 'The Words You Say' is probably around 7.25/10. Best track is 'Life In Color' which I rated around 8, but that's about it, the rest are 6 - 7. Worst tracks are 'Part of Me' and 'Kites'. Production is quite decent, musicianship is pretty average, and replay value is a 4/10 because this is extremely moody record, you'll get bored easily unless you spin it very rarely, and perhaps good for background music.

66%

I gave it a 63% rating and I liked the songs 'I will' and 'To the extreme.' I don't think it's a bad CD, but the songs for the most part are very plain, simple and average. Like you say, it's hard to find a reason to play most of these tunes ever again. Solid production job, though.

I gave it a 63% rating and I liked the songs 'I will' and 'To the extreme.' I don't think it's a bad CD, but the songs for the most part are very plain, simple and average. Like you say, it's hard to find a reason to play most of these tunes ever again. Solid production job, though.

I quite like most of the songs on here, and rated them approx mid 70's in general, but thought the big downside of this album was the production on some tracks. They sound like pre-production demo's to my ears, especially the drums and bass.