Lionville II - out November

Stefan

Really like that debut, and therefore really looking forward to this. The teaser, though short of a chorus, sounds absolutely super. Very WOA-ish.

Great debut, so this hopefully will be as strong if not better. The year drastically needs a top quality AOR disc that's for sure.

Great debut, so this hopefully will be as strong if not better. The year drastically needs a top quality AOR disc that's for sure.

I think that will be supplied by Jimi on 2nd Nov ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Some samples up on MR.com. Sounds great, although I'm not a big fan of Bill Champlin who does vocals on one track. It will be released November 30th, I hope NEH has it in their catalogue. This one should be my last purchase of 2012 and a top 20 for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

LIONVILLE wow-ed me again with this magnificent sophomore ! With Lars Safsund on many songs here as lead vocal, this is basically almost like half-WOA, and there are probably only two westcoast-ish ballads which I love, and the rest are energetic European AOR as usual. Line-ups are also Alessandro Del Vecchio, Mario Percudani, Anna Portalupi (she also plays in the HARDLINE newie). Robert Sall play guitar and keyboard on the opening tune and Peter Friestedt play guitar on 'Another Day'.

My faves here are the opening 'All We Need' which is yup very WOA all over the place, the mid-tempo 'Another Day', 'Waiting For A Star To Fall' (what a great sax too !), 'One In A Million', the uptempo 'All This Time' which may be the best track here, and well I can say I love all tracks except 'Higher' is a bit patchy. I just don't really see how Bill Champlin adds value here, but that one is still a good one after all.

Well I think we're blessed again with another super quality stuff near the end of the year, and probably shoot up to #4 on my list, right below ECLIPSE and probably slightly above WIGELIUS. Debut was 85% for me, and I'm not hesitated to go for a big 90% for this one, so I recommend AOR fans to ready your £9 and put this winner in your cart at Amazon!

This sounds good!

Tracklist:

1. All We Need

2. The Only Way Is Up

3. Another Day

4. Higher

5. No Turning Back

6. All This Time

7. Next To Me

8. Waiting For A Star To Fall

9. Don't Walk Away

10. One In A Million

11. Shining Over Me

12. Open Your Heart

Album samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xiax1f54nhA

I heard this one - pretty fantastic melodic rock / AOR. Hard to really fault it on any level as far as first impressions go.

Listened to this one at least (6) times completely through over the weekend, and it is DAMN GOOD!

Dare I say, the greatest "Break-Up" album of the past 25 years. I mean just about every song is a gut-wrenching tale of lost love. This one would have been PERFECT for me in 1989... but that's a long story requiring a multitude of alcoholic beverages to tell properly :)

• 3 weeks later...

Really like the sound of what I've heard of this, but personally I think Avenue of Allies are being idiots ... all the full songs on Youtube have been removed at their request. Their own website is 'being upgraded' (i.e. there's no site up and running) so there is no way of listening to full songs from the album. There's an album sampler on Youtube, but it only has short clips from songs. Why don't some labels get it - a lot of people are unlikely to buy an album without hearing a few songs first. 30-second samples just don't cut it.

:cussing:

So ... is this album really that good? Will it be in anyone's top five for the year...?

Really like the sound of what I've heard of this, but personally I think Avenue of Allies are being idiots ... all the full songs on Youtube have been removed at their request. Their own website is 'being upgraded' (i.e. there's no site up and running) so there is no way of listening to full songs from the album. There's an album sampler on Youtube, but it only has short clips from songs. Why don't some labels get it - a lot of people are unlikely to buy an album without hearing a few songs first. 30-second samples just don't cut it.

So ... is this album really that good? Will it be in anyone's top five for the year...?

Yep it's good - pure AOR in the vein of Work Of Art except maybe not quite that quality.

Yep it's good - pure AOR in the vein of Work Of Art except maybe not quite that quality.

I'm a bit of a contradiction AOR-wise though ... I like the sound of this, don't like Work of Art much, not a fan of H.E.A.T. but love Harlan Cage, some 101 South and White Widdow ... There's just no hope for me. :lol: