04. The One That You Hated

05. Good To Be Bad (featuring John 5)

06. Just Don't Ask (featuring Slash)

07. Blown Away

08. Waterfall

09. Habit

10. Your Diamonds

11. Dead Wrong

Haven't heard the rest of the album, but "The One That You Hated" is really good. Curious to see how the rest of the tunes stack up.

Haven't heard the rest of the album, but "The One That You Hated" is really good. Curious to see how the rest of the tunes stack up.

Yes! that is a good song, hopefully the rest is as good!

Just based on that song I'm buying this for sure plus I think Jeff Pilson worked with on it too.

Just based on that song I'm buying this for sure plus I think Jeff Pilson worked with on it too.

I believe Jeff Pilson produced the record.

That is awesome. This just became a priority for me. I read Adler's biography this year - one of the most depressing stories you'll ever read. Man, what an intense waste of the majority of a life. I really hope this works out for him and he gets something worthwhile out of the rest of his life. Sounds like he completely threw away a good 20 years of it already.

That is awesome. This just became a priority for me. I read Adler's biography this year - one of the most depressing stories you'll ever read. Man, what an intense waste of the majority of a life. I really hope this works out for him and he gets something worthwhile out of the rest of his life. Sounds like he completely threw away a good 20 years of it already.

It was a good book for sure and very sad but but for my money the best book from the former GNR guys is hands down Duff's book. What a great uplifting story and by the end you have so much respect for the guy. Slash's book was really good too but for me Duff's was great.

It was a good book for sure and very sad but but for my money the best book from the former GNR guys is hands down Duff's book. What a great uplifting story and by the end you have so much respect for the guy. Slash's book was really good too but for me Duff's was great.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I love the Slash and Adler books but wasn't aware that Duff had one too - will get that for sure.

Gave this one a sneaky, but sexy listening today. Really good hard rock CD.For me I can already say it is the best post 'Appetite For Destruction' CD recorded by a member of Guns N' Roses, imo. It has a solid modern edge but is at it's core just a very good hard rock disc - even reminds me a little of the recently defunct Shotgun Alley, actually. The couple of ballads are super - 'Waterfall' being possibly the highlight of the disc for me - but 'Just don't ask' is super too. And all the hard rockers are great too - nice big choruses and solid hooks - a lot of "anthem" type tunes.

It may not be the best CD of 2012 but sure as hell a crowd pleaser, I dare say.

And for trivia buffs, it is Jacob Bunton on vocals - of Mars Electric and Lynam fame.

Yep it is a goodie.

Yep it is a goodie.

i really liked 'The One That You Hated' and 'Your Diamonds', but there's no weak track here. Great album.

'The One That You Hated' is practically the best track here, but I'm not really sure that the rest is as strong as that one. This is quite good, some sleaze with modern touch, but after listening to Adler's Appetite, I found that this one is too modern compared to that EP, and I strongly prefer the EP to this one, but there are several other great tracks here as well such as the opening tune, 'Back From The Dead', 'Just Don't Ask' with Slash is a nice balladic touch, 'Waterfall' is also great, and the last track also is pretty awesome, 'Dead Wrong'.

Could work out between 75% - 80% while I gave a solid 85% to the EP, not to mention that 'The One That You Hated' is also included in that EP, and 'Alive' and 'Fading' are both better songs. Shame that it seems impossible to buy the EP unless you're attending their gig ?

'The One That You Hated' is practically the best track here,

I agree it's one of the best, but jeez it sounds like another song. I will think of it one day and report back. ;)

Dropped a score on this one the other day:

1. Back from the Dead (4:17) - very good hard rock opener - anthem-like - 8.25

2. Own Worst Enemy (3:22) - another great big anthemic hard rocker - 8.50

3. Another Version of the Truth (3:25) - very good hard rocker once more - 8.25

4. The One That You Hated (3:06) - killer hard rocker with a great chorus - 9.25

5. Good to Be Bad (feat. John 5) (3:19) - solid hard rocker, but not the best on the record - 7.50

6. Just Don't Ask (feat. Slash) (4:51) - very nice, very solid ballad - 8.25

7. Blown Away (3:07) - solid modern-ish hard rocker - 7.00

8. Waterfall (3:55) - very good rock ballad - one of the album's best - 8.75

9. Habit (3:23) - reflective solid but not great hard rocker - 7.00

10. Your Diamonds (4:08) - kinda average but okay-ish ballad - 7.00

11. Dead Wrong (3:09) - solid hard rocker - 7.50

TOTAL SCORE - 80%

Really good hard rock disc, and I agree, a pleasant surprise. Definitely reminds me of Shotgun Alley, maybe mixed with Sixx AM styled lyrics... and throw Lynam into the mix for the vocals too. Just a good hard rock disc.

Is this coming out on cd? I only see mp3s on Amazon.

Classic Rock Magazine buyers guide this month is about albums by former members of GnR and there is always an album to avoid and this months is Adler - Back from the Dead. It says "In his prime, Adler was the best drummer GnR ever had. But this band he had was no GnR. With singer Jacob Bunton screeching horribly, Adler sounded like a bad Ratt tribute act. Inevitably, the album sank without trace."

Well it didn't because i've heard it and loved it. The One That You Hated and Dead Wrong are top tunes!

After listening to the clip/video i picked this up the other day. Great cd with multiple good songs.

However this has to be one of the cheapest made cds I have in my collection.

The first time i played it track 2 skipped. Now it seems to play fine

This came through Amazon and I see now below the listing it reads:

CD-R Note: This product is manufactured on demand when ordered from Amazon.com.

I will have to keep that in mind next time I order through them

After listening to the clip/video i picked this up the other day. Great cd with multiple good songs.

However this has to be one of the cheapest made cds I have in my collection.

The first time i played it track 2 skipped. Now it seems to play fine

This came through Amazon and I see now below the listing it reads:

CD-R Note: This product is manufactured on demand when ordered from Amazon.com.

I will have to keep that in mind next time I order through them

I remember my Star City Meltdown was one of those. Rubbish product; great music. But it's criminal to charge more than a dollar or two for those things.