The Chimpz: "Who Can I Trust" review (Hardrock Haven)

These guys will probably appeal to most folks here at HH about as much as banging a bald-assed monkey, but for what it's worth, if anyone has a shot at resurrecting the comotose rap-metal genre, it's the The Chimpz. Check out my review of their latest EP, "Who Can I Trust," over at Hardrock Haven. Here's the link:

http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2012/10/the-chimpz-who-can-i-trust-cd-review/

They're Kid Rock with a harder edge, Beastie Boys only heavier, Limp Bizkit with more melody...you get the idea.

These guys will probably appeal to most folks here at HH about as much as banging a bald-assed monkey, but for what it's worth, if anyone has a shot at resurrecting the comotose rap-metal genre, it's the The Chimpz. Check out my review of their latest EP, "Who Can I Trust," over at Hardrock Haven. Here's the link:

http://hardrockhaven...rust-cd-review/

They're Kid Rock with a harder edge, Beastie Boys only heavier, Limp Bizkit with more melody...you get the idea.

Yes, I get the idea-THEY SUCK!

http://hardrockhaven...rust-cd-review/

Yes, I get the idea--THEY SUCK!

:tumbsup: Like I said, not many people around here are going to like these guys. To each their own. I used to listen to a limited amount of rap-metal, so these guys are OK with me, and definitely one of the better bands I've heard in the genre. But HH-approved it is not.

• My Little Pony

While never one to completely write off the genre, Rap-Rock never had me blowin' a load either. I have liked, and still do like, some weird shit, so I can't see the harm in giving this a sample.

Haha, I actually really want to hate it... but I don't. I wouldn't chase the band or CD down over so much I'm falling behind with, but I kind of dig it, lol. Very cool musical track and there's something kinda cool about it. I guess I really like the new TFK CD despite the ugly rapping parts? Yeah, not the worst song I've heard this year...