Lynch Mob - Sound Mountain Sessions

heaven&hell

Forgive me if this has another thread but I just finally downloaded this EP thanks to a $4 amazon credit it didn't cost me a thing. I have to say I'm impressed. I dug the last studio album Smoke and Mirrors but these four songs would have been four of the better songs on that disc IMO so I have high hopes for the next full length studio album. "City of Freedom" is awesome and love "Slow Drag" and "World of Chance" and "Sucka" are damn good too.

Also this is the first time I've bypassed purchasing a cd and downloaded mp3s from amazon or anywhere and it was pretty cool how it loads the tracks in my itunes from the cloud player without me needing to do a thing. I think if I'm not sure on a cd or band in the future this might be the way to go especially since amazon always seems to be giving me credits every time I buy something.

:agree:

I'm digging every song on here. Really, really good stuff. Hope this is just a teaser & a full length album is on the way soon. On a related note, the T&N album looks like it's gonna be great, too (though they should've kept the original name "Tooth & Nail). Guess Don put the kibosh on that name.

I'm digging every song on here. Really, really good stuff. Hope this is just a teaser & a full length album is on the way soon. On a related note, the T&N album looks like it's gonna be great, too (though they should've kept the original name "Tooth & Nail). Guess Don put the kibosh on that name.

[media=]

[/media]

Nope. There is a record label named TOOTH AND NAIL that put the kibosh to the name.

I'll be blunt. I f*cking HATE that Lynch Mob song, and their current direction. Hate it. Musically the band sounds so tight and the vocals are super, but the new songs absolutely suck. All dreary pointless slow rockers with no hooks and no decent choruses. What happened to stuff like 'Wicked sensation,' 'Sweet sister mercy' or 'No bed of roses?'

Did I mention I hate their current style?

T&N sounds okay-ish. Kind of. The new version of 'Tooth and nail' is pretty terrible. Who's in T&N? The other 2 of the first 3 songs sound pretty decent.

[media=]

[/media]

Nope. There is a record label named TOOTH AND NAIL that put the kibosh to the name.

That's retarded...if that's the case, why didn't Dokken sue them for naming their label after one of their songs???

[media=]

[/media]

That's retarded...if that's the case, why didn't Dokken sue them for naming their label after one of their songs???

What even more stupid is that Tooth N Nail is a indie punk label so who cares if an aging rock band sends some business their way with accidental Google hits?

All dreary pointless slow rockers with no hooks and no decent choruses. What happened to stuff like 'Wicked sensation,' 'Sweet sister mercy' or 'No bed of roses?'

I'm with Geoff on this one. And if you like the Badlands vibe that's cool, but then where are the Dreams In Dark, Last Time, High Wire type rockers?

• My Little Pony

I'll be blunt. I f*cking HATE that Lynch Mob song, and their current direction. Hate it. Musically the band sounds so tight and the vocals are super, but the new songs absolutely suck. All dreary pointless slow rockers with no hooks and no decent choruses. What happened to stuff like 'Wicked sensation,' 'Sweet sister mercy' or 'No bed of roses?'

T&N sounds okay-ish. Kind of. The new version of 'Tooth and nail' is pretty terrible. Who's in T&N? The other 2 of the first 3 songs sound pretty decent.

Tell us how you really feel. ;)

Tell us how you really feel. ;)

Seriously, the first two albums, where they established their fan base, were pure excellence. I don't get why they've steered so far away from that sound / purpose. The songs did have a cool bluesy edge, but they also had a point. Big anthemic choruses and killer hooks. All of which is totally absent from the new stuff.

Here's more on the T&N band name fiasco:

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/434352/pid/400512

23-Mar-12

Tooth And Nail, The Band Featuring Former & Current Members Of Dokken, Forced To Change Their Name

Tooth And Nail, the new band featuring current and former members of Dokken: George Lynch (guitar), Jeff Pilson (bass), and Mick Brown (drums), have been forced to shorten its name to T&N for legal reasons. The band states, "We cannot keep [the name] as Tooth And Nail as there is a label that has it trademarked. [Fans] can still call us To$%h And Na$l... We can't."

The band's debut album is expected later in the year. The CD will feature new material as well as reworked versions of five or six Dokken classics. Pilson contributes vocals to a new song called When Eagles Die, with additional lead vocal from Sebastian Bach (on Dokken's Alone Again), Doug Pinnick (King's X), Tim "Ripper" Owens (Yngwie Malmsteen, Judas Priest) on Dokken's Kiss Of Death) and Mick Brown (on Dokken's When Heaven Comes Down). The drum tracks on the original compositions were played by Brian Tichy (Whitesnake, Foreigner).

• 2 weeks later...

100% agree. These 4 songs are horrible compared to "Wicked Sensation". Not even the same band anymore unfortunately.

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Forgive me if this has another thread but I just finally downloaded this EP thanks to a $4 amazon credit it didn't cost me a thing. I have to say I'm impressed. I dug the last studio album Smoke and Mirrors but these four songs would have been four of the better songs on that disc IMO so I have high hopes for the next full length studio album. "City of Freedom" is awesome and love "Slow Drag" and "World of Chance" and "Sucka" are damn good too.

I picked up the disc on the label site a few months back...and yeah i really dig it.Good,solid stuff.