Laneslide - new AOR project with Frank Vestry

Glen

I like it. BUT, if it had more and a thicker guitar sound and a better drum sound it would be really good!

Very nice. I guess because of the distinct vocals it reminds me of Marcelle/Vestry, which is a good thing. I agree with Rocker and hope the finished product is a lot ballsier.

So Marchello/Vestry? Is that project officially canned? I thought they were pretty much on the verge of having that second CD released?

• 1 month later...

Very nice. I guess because of the distinct vocals it reminds me of Marcelle/Vestry, which is a good thing. I agree with Rocker and hope the finished product is a lot ballsier.

So Marchello/Vestry? Is that project officially canned? I thought they were pretty much on the verge of having that second CD released?

Well there is not going to be any new Danger Danger music, so I hope Marchello is going to do something.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wonder if this is the running order cos the first track sounds a bit boring and the second track is a cover - bit weird?!

The rest though sounds very nice especially the last few tracks.

Marcello / Vestry's 2nd album is supposed to be released this year so I hope it's not been canned. It's one of better albums since the millenium, strong melodies & hooks that have remained fresh in my mind.

Wow, really? Is that recent news? I thought someone said the project was done? I would be in heaven if this was true news.

Marcello / Vestry's 2nd album is supposed to be released this year so I hope it's not been canned. It's one of better albums since the millenium, strong melodies & hooks that have remained fresh in my mind.

Wow, really? Is that recent news? I thought someone said the project was done? I would be in heaven if this was true news.

Yeah I read that too - sure that project is on hold.

• 2 months later...

Got a chance for a sneak peek of this album and I must say, some songs like 'You Can Make It' [best track here], 'Flying High', 'Understand', 'Look The Other Way', and 'Your Fight' are pleasantly beautiful, although I only sense that 'You Can Make It' is the only track that's worth the 9/10 value, and the rest great tracks are around 8 to 8.75. Sure there are some similarity with Marcello / Vestry, but this disc somewhat is two steps behind that great album.

Tracks like 'Hangin Out Here', 'Dancing Girls', or 'Washed Away' are pretty good but won't blow you away, definitely among the weaker side. 'River of Love' reminds me of Whitesnake bluesy track, but don't know why, I just think this one's not really great.

Production wise is very nice, musicianship is strong, I like Vestry's vocal, and the rhythm section is quite nice too. Overall, a nice melodic rock album, but don't expect Marcello / Vestry part 2. Some of you might find half of this are average maybe, but I think all tracks here are basically listenable and to me, are quite enjoyable, so I might snap this one if the price is good.

81%

Bought this one upon release,a tad disappointed though :( some tracks are average imho,as a whole it could've done with being beefed up slightly but not too much,nowhere near the excellent marcello/vestry or indeed last temptation cds but franks voice is still great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I gave this a 75% but I'm wondering if it was a little generous. Very, very safe melodic rock/AOR CD and a pale comparison to the Marcello/Vestry CD. 'Your fight' is the standout on the CD for me, and is a good rocker. The rest is not too bad at all, but pretty tame. It's not a bad disc, but it's very simple.

I was excited about this but it is weak compared to the Marcello/Vestry disc (which is a killer disc!!).

I gave it a miss

• 2 weeks later...

'You Can Make It' [best track here]

Just read a review that said the same thing ... other than a nice little riff, I didn't rate the song, so I guess I can cross this one off the list.