WALTHAM, remember them? Some bit of good news...possibly

zacharyamelie

Well some over at Melodicrock.com were talking about some of the band members newest project called 'USA', yep dumb band name and impossible for searchs on the net. However the music is still killer, not as EPIC killer as Waltham was, but killer non the less. Check 'em out. The only bad thing is this was from 2010...not sure they'll ever release something.

http://www.reverbnat...st_songs/643746

I especially love that Michelle (Don't Tell) track.

I really miss Waltham.

Thanks mate, appreciate the hell out of this thread. Downloading these songs now as I listen.

Totally with you, mate. One of the best and most exciting bands to come out of recent years in music. Truly painful to acknowledge they're not making music anymore. Criminal, in fact. Love what I heard of these first 2 songs - perfect.

Dood, am I stoned or are these 4 songs possibly the best from the guys yet? And that's saying a lot, considering I like ALL their songs. No fillers anywhere. But holy shit, mate, these 4 are completely brilliant. I love their lyrics, love their vibe. These songs will keep me breathing until 10 years later when we hear from them again. :)

Thanks again... can't believe these guys didn't "make it."

Check Frank Pino's new band called USA!USA!USA!...yep bad name, but great tunes. You can download the 7 track EP for any price you'd like.

WARNING! If you were a big fan of Waltham....brace yourself.

http://usa-usa-usa.bandcamp.com/album/whats-your-name

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Dood, am I stoned or are these 4 songs possibly the best from the guys yet? And that's saying a lot, considering I like ALL their songs. No fillers anywhere. But holy shit, mate, these 4 are completely brilliant. I love their lyrics, love their vibe. These songs will keep me breathing until 10 years later when we hear from them again. :)

No, offence, bud, but I think you must be stoned. I haven't heard Waltham, but if those 4 tracks are better than anything Waltham's done, then Waltham can't be that great. "Michelle" is fantastic, but the other three are simply okay. However the seven track EP, "What's Your Name?," is phenomenal! I've been playing it all day, non-stop. "Christine" is a little weak, but the rest are incredible, with "Karina" being my favourite. Especially the acoustic version.

• My Little Pony

Still spinning this shit, non-f*cking-stop! Anybody else hooked, or is it just me? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I need Geoff to get back from vacation just so I'll have someone agree with me.

• 3 weeks later...

Burnt my first CDR today in probably about 5+ years. It's the 4 USA tracks back to back with the USA!USA!USA! mini album and this will probably be my most played album of 2012. I would marry these guys' songs. Seriously the kind of band I would just love to hear for the rest of my life. Love it.

No, offence, bud, but I think you must be stoned. I haven't heard Waltham, but if those 4 tracks are better than anything Waltham's done, then Waltham can't be that great. "Michelle" is fantastic, but the other three are simply okay. However the seven track EP, "What's Your Name?," is phenomenal! I've been playing it all day, non-stop. "Christine" is a little weak, but the rest are incredible, with "Karina" being my favourite. Especially the acoustic version.

And btw, no way I was stoned. If 'Worst song in the world' isn't one of the best songs in the world, then I have rabies and AIDs. Jeez I love that song. The other 2 are killer too, and of course 'Michelle' is.

As for 'What's your name,' I pretty much agree with your thesis. 'Karina' is utterly stunning, and only 'Christine' is kind of weak, by the standards of this band anyway. The other songs are all brilliant, though. Seriously, these guys need to be a presence in music for everyone. If I did a best songs of 2012 list it'd pretty much be all songs from these guys.

I LOVE the 7 track EP What's Your Name? I've made a CDR of all the tracks on this EP, minus Karina twice, once is good and I added another 15 or so tracks from Waltham. The new songs blend so damn well with what Waltham did 10+ years ago, when they released their 2005 s/t release and the killer Awesome EP that came out in 2005 as well. This new EP could be one of, if not the best release of 2012, however not releasing a physical CD, just isn't the same :( I adore the tracks Michelle and Karina, but Sarah is where it is at for me, a perfect modern rocker.

Here is my AWESOME track by track review

Michelle - 9.5/10 really AWESOME!!!!

Sarah - 10/10 even more AWESOME if possible!

Karina - 9/10 surprise, surprise more AWESOMENESS!

Marissa - 9.5/10 Are you fooking kidding me it's AWESOME!!!

Christine- 8/10 Not as AWESOME, but still AWESOME non the less.

Girls Just Want To Have Fun - 9/10 AWESOME cover!!!

Karina (acoustic) 8/10 - I prefer the other version, but this is still pretty AWESOME!

Simply AWESOME! 90/100

I LOVE the 7 track EP What's Your Name? I've made a CDR of all the tracks on this EP, minus Karina twice, once is good and I added another 15 or so tracks from Waltham. The new songs blend so damn well with what Waltham did 10+ years ago, when they released their 2005 s/t release and the killer Awesome EP that came out in 2005 as well. This new EP could be one of, if not the best release of 2012, however not releasing a physical CD, just isn't the same :( I adore the tracks Michelle and Karina, but Sarah is where it is at for me, a perfect modern rocker.

Here is my AWESOME track by track review

Michelle - 9.5/10 really AWESOME!!!!

Sarah - 10/10 even more AWESOME if possible!

Karina - 9/10 surprise, surprise more AWESOMENESS!

Marissa - 9.5/10 Are you fooking kidding me it's AWESOME!!!

Christine- 8/10 Not as AWESOME, but still AWESOME non the less.

Girls Just Want To Have Fun - 9/10 AWESOME cover!!!

Karina (acoustic) 8/10 - I prefer the other version, but this is still pretty AWESOME!

Simply AWESOME! 90/100

Yeah, it deserves at least that rating. Honestly, for me, I couldn't rate those first 4 songs any less than 10 each (how could they possibly be better?!) but I'd feel the need to dish out an 11 for 'Karina.'

I agree the cover is an absolute killer too. What a way to make a song completely, 100% your own.

What about the USA EP, mate? I find that stunning as well. Pretty sure I am not stoned every single time I hear it, and marvel at it's awesomeness. I want to find the 'Worst song in the world' tune somewhere on the net to post it for all to hear. That has got to be one of the most catchy, brilliant tunes ever penned. Man I love it. Can't get it out of my head.

I'll probably rate the USA!USA!USA! EP near the top of my list this year and it pains me to know without a doubt that if they released a full length CD in 2012 nothing would even come close to touching it. Hands down it'd be the album of the year. :(

Totally agree about the 'Awesome' EP too. All 5 songs get constant play on my Ipod in the 'Top Rated; tracks I often play.

There's basically nothing by this band/dude I don't absolutely love.

• My Little Pony

Bit late to this party, but yeah these songs are really cool.

Where can I get the other EP with this 'worst song' ditty.....................cheers

I got them from the Reverbnation site, but all the files seem to be taken down.

Where can I get the other EP with this 'worst song' ditty.....................cheers

Yeah I checked that and it was pretty blank.....if anyone can ping me the MP3s Id be a happy camper :-)

• My Little Pony

Yeah I checked that and it was pretty blank.....if anyone can ping me the MP3s Id be a happy camper :-)

I could send 'em to you via email.

Any chance I can get those tracks from the EP as well, I only got the tracks from What's Your Name? Pwweeeze! I swear I'm doing my pouty face with some big sad eyes.

Do any of you guys have the one off Waltham track called 'Wait It Out'? I've only ever seen the video and adore the song, I'd love to have an mp3 version to add to my glorious mix of Waltham/USA !USA! USA!

The song is an absolute monster, I added a link with the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRiGSfmrMCc&feature=related

For those who come by and are confused the AWESOME comments of the band and have no clue what they sound like. Here is the lead off track on the What's Your Name EP...I think this version might be a bit different than the version on the EP.

Michelle (Don't Tell)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAMcyt6CLhc

Wowser, I love 'Wait it out' too. If there is an MP3 of that too I would also love it. When was that recorded? At the end of Waltham?

If you dudes are still after the MP3's of the USA stuff, shoot me a PM with your email addresses and I'll flick them to you tomorrow when I'm on the computer downstairs (we're they're at).

For those who come by are confused the AWESOME comments of the bnad and have no clue what thye sound like. Here is the lead off track on the What's Your Name EP...I think this version might be a bit different than the version on the EP.

Michelle (Don't Tell)

Yeah, that's definitely quite a different version. How odd. I can't recall off the top of my head, but there ain't no solo in the EP version, is there? There's a ragin' solo in that one. :lol: And am I wrong, or are there different lyrics in there too? Either way, still an absolutely killer song.

• My Little Pony

Any chance I can get those tracks from the EP as well, I only got the tracks from What's Your Name? Pwweeeze! I swear I'm doing my pouty face with some big sad eyes.

Really, Dave? You posted the link. I think I might have your email kicking around.

• My Little Pony

Really, Dave? You posted the link. I think I might have your email kicking around.

No, I guess I don't have it.

• My Little Pony

For those who come by are confused the AWESOME comments of the bnad and have no clue what thye sound like. Here is the lead off track on the What's Your Name EP...I think this version might be a bit different than the version on the EP.

Michelle (Don't Tell)

Yeah, that's definitely quite a different version. How odd. I can't recall off the top of my head, but there ain't no solo in the EP version, is there? There's a ragin' solo in that one. :lol: And am I wrong, or are there different lyrics in there too? Either way, still an absolutely killer song.

How the hell did I not notice they were different?

No, I guess I don't have it.

I was confronted by this mystery last night. Dave sent me the link too and I looked everywhere last night but I have no trace of it anywhere in PMs or email. Or was it on the forum here? How did you do this, Dave? I seriously have no idea what happened.

Anyway glad y'all got the songs. Prepare to love them. ;)