New York - Carry The Torch

Leykis101

I know somebody else on here had heard this EP, and loved it as much as I did, yet another obscure bunch of nobodys that got nowhere, and put out an absolutely awesome EP while doing it, give this track a listen and see what you think of these guys, once again, a cassette transfer, I did the best I could with what I had, I think it's alright, they did record in extreme stereo though, so you'll just have to get used to that part of it, thats not something I did, check this one out!

New York - Nobody Like You

http://youtu.be/TFJ_izRX6bA

Nice! Reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it so I'll go the easy way out and say it sounds a bit like early RATT.

No they do sound a lot like Ratt, especially that song, I guess Eric Carr took them under his wing, they have a batch of finished demos he produced out there somewhere, I have only found 2 of them, and they fucking rock, good band boy, to bad he couldnt have ever gotten them into the machine, he had a good ear for talent I noticed, he was also behind the almost completely unknown, but extremely kick ass Phoenix Arizona band called Drive, im sure you've heard them though.

Yep, they totally sound like a band I can't pinpoint either. A band who had unreleased demos on the scene I believe...

• 7 years later...

I just discovered they have released this album and the unreleased album on 1 disc, I don't suppose anyone of you has heard it? Or has it?

5 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I just discovered they have released this album and the unreleased album on 1 disc, I don't suppose anyone of you has heard it? Or has it?

Is it two full albums, or is a 5 track EP from 1984 one of the recordings? 

5 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Here you go, champ;

https://heavenandhellrecords.bandcamp.com/album/carry-the-torch-electric-thunder

It may be Black N' Blue, but they've plain and simply stolen some early Motley Crue riffs along the way too, lol.

I've heard the EP and the album and to be honest I'm pretty lukewarm about it all, but always cool to find stuff like this that I missed the first time around.  

Just listened to this one straight through...

I LOVE IT!

So very 1984 (hard to describe if you weren't actually listening to this style of music as a teen in 1984).  Yes, Geoff, a LOT of early Motley Crue vibe.  RATT demo as well... VERY Ratt-like! 

Damn I miss my high school days!

Edited by gener8tr

I'm just interested how the sound is, the EP was well produced but I only had the tape did the CD turn out ok? 

14 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I'm just interested how the sound is, the EP was well produced but I only had the tape did the CD turn out ok? 

Not too great, unfortunately. Very demo-ish.