Megattack - Raw Delivery

Leykis101

Im sure you've seen me make reference to this band from Salt Lake City a few times, mainly because their guitarist Parrish Hultquist died last spring, they had basically signed a multi album deal with Geffen records, that we will just say wouldve made them wealthy, when at the last moment the lead singer known as The Jack, well he split to start his own band, Geffen wasnt interested in Megattack without The Jack, as they say the rest is history, or so ive heard, I put a few of their songs on youtube, seeing this will probably never see an official cd release, especially now the main man in the band is gone, but I think I did a fairly decent job from a tape transfer, it wasnt easy either, anyways, check this out, and tell me what you wouldve thought had you heard this in 1985, on Geffen Records? I wouldve been in 2nd grade, so I already know I wouldve loved it, check it out.

Megattack - Make It Rock

http://youtu.be/O_dnJNUGdp8

Megattack - Good Girls

http://youtu.be/avQhXlSkHso

Megattack - Never Surrender

http://youtu.be/fIkaU34scoU

So nobody has an opinion on this band? do they suck? blow? fucking blow? that was the whole intention of this thread, to see what your opinion was on this band, good or bad, as I think their guitarist was a beast.

Obviously not the most unique band ever, but very cool for what it is. Great 80's hard rock. Love the riffage on 'Never Surrender' and the other 2 tunes are pretty sweet too.

Guitarist does sound great too. Surprised this hasn't been released by someone like Eonian or Retrospect. They remind me of a mix of Pangea and someone like Racer X.

I like this. A lot. I presume there's no CD of this? I'd love to get hold of it, great 80s rock/metal. And yeah, the guitar rocks, some very nice solos in there.

THe Save the nations album sounds good as well!!! They have Raw delivery for download at CDbaby as well.

I want the CD!!!

• 3 months later...

Well I posted a year and a half ago on the passing of Parrish Hultquist, the lead guitarist for Megattack, and probably the best guitarist to ever even come out of Utah, now im just as sad to say that Megattack has now lost it;s drummer, I never saw any of these responses to this, no the album Raw Delivery was never released on CD, I had bitched, and written, and cursed, and tried to bribe, and offered cash, and done everything I have the power to do to try and obtain the rights to at least re-master this album, I could absolutely blow this album up if I was given the chance to re master it, im the man who could provide that, and its important enough to me that I would basically do it for next to nothing, but the thing is everyone in this band hated each others guts so much none of them wanted to see the others get any more credit then the next, I last learned Parrish had the masters, which are now more then likely with his brother Travis, whom I will try to hit up about doing it, the second disc they did Save The Nations was pretty good, it was extremely well produced, but the songs weren't anything like Raw Delivery, If I am able to obtain this and get the re mastering done, then I would still have to find someone to put it to disc, and I cant even begin to figure who would have a problem with it, now the most bullheaded band member is gone, I just wanted to get a feel for what you guys thought of it, seeing I know they are unheard of outside of Utah, and I was 8 years old when Raw Delivery was released, but now that we have sadly lost drummer Bryan Sorenson, maybe Rick Jackson will begin to understand the importance of people finally hearing this album, maybe it's not even good enough to strike up any sort of care, I personally just hear something different then any of the other unknown bands I hear, an edge, that I believe would have at least sent them into an upper tier, anyways R.I.P. Bryan, you put out an album full of pure 80s Metal, and even if it never went Wasp, or Malice status, It caught this guys ear, and I dont just get turned very easily, fact I will not even listen to most local bands, cause they all fucking blow, anybody who hasnt listened to these songs yet, let me know what you think, if you think its even worth my time, and the expense I will no doubt be paying out of my own pocket to do this? Thanks.

Bryan Sorenson Piece From The Nashville Paper

http://thenashvilleb...rough-the-veil/

I obviously missed this thread the first go round, but I will comment now and say I dig it! Maybe its all the echo or what have you on the tracks, but this reminds me a lot of Downtown Dreamers era Masi.

If you can get it done I'd buy one and I'm sure there are a few members here that have the means to do it and do it right.

Thanks for sharing by the way and RIP Parish and Bryan.

Obviously not the most unique band ever, but very cool for what it is. Great 80's hard rock. Love the riffage on 'Never Surrender' and the other 2 tunes are pretty sweet too.

Guitarist does sound great too. Surprised this hasn't been released by someone like Eonian or Retrospect. They remind me of a mix of Pangea and someone like Racer X.

You know what bro, now you may be the only one on this entire site that has heard something ive worked on, (Rio - Atlantic Radio) and unless you were blowing smoke up my ass, you told me it was a pretty mediocre job, if my memory serves right? but I want this to sound as good as I believe it could, before anyone releases it, now Ive tried asking Sam about it many times, and it's about the only title he wont even acknowledge exists, which leads me to believe he either A. has no clue who they are, which i find extremely difficult to believe, seeing he lived in Utah for sometime, or B. he has had about the same luck as Ive had trying to acquire any kind of rights to any of this album? so you do the math, but I really could just completely destroy this album, in a good way, I could fucking make the sound huge, It kind of looks like it may never happen, and Geoff that may be a big reason none of those labels released it,another thing may be, it was released in Europe, the band has found out they have sold like 5,00,000 copies and have never seen a cent from it, so perhaps that label owns some sort of rights, regardless, I want this motherfucker on CD, and I will try until im told I cannot do it, I will even spend my own money to start the process. FUCKING Frustrating

I dont know that guy, I dont really need help, but I would like somebody who actually cares about their releases to do this one, who is this guy bro, give me some info, I don't have the desire to spend 8 weeks remastering these songs, then having somebody slap them on a cd-r and release 40 of them, no what im saying? if this guy you speak of is good at this shit, drop me some info, cause I am honestly to the point that if I dont have someone to release it, I dont even wanna fuck with it anymore, I hope you know what im saying, but it's been a huge fucking headache, so yeah, if you know somebody who will either help me release this, or actually take it over and do it themselves, that would even be better, let me know bro, thanks

Hey man, all I can do is improve the sound, Im willing to do it, like I said, not a whole lot of point, in taking all that time to work on the album, if I dont have anyway to get it out to people, you know what I mean?

• 10 months later...
Guest LJack801

Rick Jackson has his 2 cents on this subject- facts should be straight before anyone believes the whole Geffen story. Neither here nor there. Masters are around, and the album is on Retrospect.