I NEED HELP - mythos2010br

I had this guy win 9 CDs on ebay this past Sunday. His ebay name is mythos2010br.

Anyone ever deal with him..?

His address is :

Marcel Pedrollo Barros

Rua Carlos Gomes 3331 - cx postal 52

Cascavel PR 85802970

Brazil

This is the first email he sent after winning:

Hello friend,

I see your items late. I think you have more.

I bought these and after I receieve I buy more with you because I a big collector.

In 2011 one hacker access my paypal account after this I only use registered letter to pay sellers. Not no more

use my credit card number on internet.

Today I will send cash UD$ 130 for you by registered letter..ok?

Marcel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I contacted one sell who said the guy came through with a payment to him. Only $15 though...

Any advice..? Have him send the cash..? Will this give him the leg up if there is an ebay case that is open..?

Thanks in advance... ~Dave~

• My Little Pony

I may be off the mark here, but if you have him send the cash, then ship once you have cash in hand--and he's okay with this--wouldn't that give you the leg up? There's no Paypal proof of payment. If anything, you could claim he never paid. Or am I understanding the situation wrong?

I may be off the mark here, but if you have him send the cash, then ship once you have cash in hand--and he's okay with this--wouldn't that give you the leg up? There's no Paypal proof of payment. If anything, you could claim he never paid. Or am I understanding the situation wrong?

That is my question..?

The thing I worry about is him sending "registered letter" (so he has proof of mailing it) and then putting $5.00 in it. He would have a record that he sent something to me and I would have no proof of how much he sent me.

Ebay always seems to favor the buyer.. that is why I am a bit unsure if I should go on with this.

To be safe, I'm suggesting decline this transaction and stick with PayPal payment, because the scenario of him sending a blank paper inside an envelope with a proof sending you an envelope can cause you trouble Dave. But I'm not sure, if you're a buyer, and you cancel this transaction, will there a punishment from eBay ?

That is my question..?

The thing I worry about is him sending "registered letter" (so he has proof of mailing it) and then putting $5.00 in it. He would have a record that he sent something to me and I would have no proof of how much he sent me.

Ebay always seems to favor the buyer.. that is why I am a bit unsure if I should go on with this.

Ebay won't get involved in a mailed payment even if he shows proof he sent something. If the guy wants to send cash that is definitely the way to go. Apprantley he isnt the smartest since he is more likely to get ripped off this way than using paypal with a credit card

Thanks for all the feedback on this.

I'm going to sleep on it and decide what to do in the morning.

Thanks again... :drink:

• 2 weeks later...

Much to my surprise... I had $130 in American Cash in my mailbox today. Doesn't appear to be counterfeit either.. :whistle:

But just in case.. I'm gonna spend this bill quick.... :tumbsup:

• My Little Pony

Much to my surprise... I had $130 in American Cash in my mailbox today. Doesn't appear to be counterfeit either.. :whistle:

Nah, don't worry. I got a few $130 bills myself. They're perfectly legit.

Canada has $130 bills also..?

I didn't know that..

• My Little Pony

Canada has $130 bills also..?

I didn't know that..

No, I meant I have $130 US bills. In Canada we have $128 bills. Sorry for the confusion.