Emerald Rain is finished!

Leykis101

Murray just told me ER as of now is finished, they were extremely pissed off and disappointed with Sleepwalk, they were hurried to finish it, having only 4 songs they actually liked, and being told they needed to finish the album in under a month, they all got discouraged and if they ever do an album again, it will be on their own time, and they will take years if necessary, but they have been progressively getting more and more hurried, and after the last CD, they had enough and said they are done, so I think this is good news, I just hope that they really do start writing stuff, and take however long they want, if they give us another Perplexed, I will wait however long it takes, but just thought anyone who loves ER would like to know this, they are done for now.

Now that is shitty news. Always hoped they would release one incredible release. They have some great tunes, it's just that most of their releases were half brilliant and half filler.

They were actually finished after the last 2 releases...they just didn't know it yet ;)

Oh i think they knew it, they had to do one last CD to fulfill their contract, and I always thought that was the case to, they showed signs of brilliance, then as quick as they put something good out, seems like they matched it with a filler, they should put out a greatest hits, and just stuff everyone of their good songs on it, he also told me they are thinking of releasing kind of a box set, with the first 2 Pain Cd's included in it, but anything ER is back burner stuff, as he is busy cranking out #1 Dance and Pop hit's, anyone heard the Canadian chick who covered the ER song Everything Is Broken? I think it was on Canadian Billboard, I was like Damn! why wasn't their version on the Billboards?

considering that Sleepwalk was released 7 years ago, that's quite a heck of a long time to be disappointed :D

i mean, why didn't they just call it off in 2006, why now ? i guess it'll be better to quit back then and to make a great comeback right ?

considering that Sleepwalk was released 7 years ago, that's quite a heck of a long time to be disappointed :D

i mean, why didn't they just call it off in 2006, why now ? i guess it'll be better to quit back then and to make a great comeback right ?

They probably did, I just have some work going on at his studio, and talked extensively with him, I just figured conformation would be interesting for anyone who's a fan on here,including me, yeah this could have been decided 7 years ago, but have you seen anything about them anywhere, they are one of the most un promoted bands Ive ever seen, especially seeing they are pretty well known in their genre, when I think about it, Ive never known them to have any type of promotion, even when Sleepwalk was released I found out because I was looking for news on them, not because I saw it advertised anywhere!

whats wrong with Sleepwalk? its a great album

I like it too, quite a lot I think. I always liked these guys. Thanks for the heads up, but like everyone else, I had already assumed these guys broke up about 10 years ago too. :lol: Fillers on the first 2 CDs? You chaps are talking wildness! Maybe one or two, but definitely NOT half the songs.

2nd rate Harem IMO

No, ER was to good in their own right to be HS clones, Don't Tell The Rain itself put's them in a category of respect, but yeah I guess your right, just like HS they release a disc with killer songs and then a bunch of fillers, so I see the pattern!

2nd rate Harem IMO

No, ER was to good in their own right to be HS clones, Don't Tell The Rain itself put's them in a category of respect, but yeah I guess your right, just like HS they release a disc with killer songs and then a bunch of fillers, so I see the pattern!

Ha ha, I don't detect many fillers in the HS catalogue of songs

2nd rate Harem IMO

Oh you don't? you must be a biased fan, because I don't know which catalog you've been ordering from, but the only HS disc I ever bought of theres(and at last count, I had bought every release they released, the day of release, except for the Self Titled, I was 2 young)and outside of self titled, and maybe Believe, it seems like they assaulted me with absolutely amazing songs i.e. Die Off Hard, Staying Away, then turned in such classics that you deem aren't fillers such as, Hail Hail and Karma Cleansing, which when put up against Staying Away, and Die Off Hard, sound like complete filler, and no fillers? what do you consider Overload? is that good shit, all I can say is at least no matter how many fillers they had, they were Melodic Rock fillers, and we never heard them attempt to alter their sound to sound modern, and attempt at a modern top 40 sounding hit, I mean unless your a die hard HS fan, nobody that is honest, and unbiased, and who absolutely loves HS first few albums, can say they were left listening to any of the new shit, in complete amazement, and were so happy when buying the new HS albums, they just could not stop listening to it, and wait before you arguers jump on here and start "proving me wrong" this is a serious debate, He is going to give ER credit for the band they are, and not just give the stereotypical talking points about how they ripped off and cloned HS, and that's all they are is a 2ND rate HS, cause that is the most incorrect analysis and overused one out there, Emerald Rain really sound nothing like HS, and the only similarity's are that they are melodic, which I wasn't aware Harem Scarem invented melodic rock, my bad, and that they both have absolutely shredding guitarists, outside of that, there really are very little similarity's between the 2 bands, I mean if your honest about it, that is!!

2nd rate Harem IMO

Oh you don't? you must be a biased fan, because I don't know which catalog you've been ordering from, but the only HS disc I ever bought of theres(and at last count, I had bought every release they released, the day of release, except for the Self Titled, I was 2 young)and outside of self titled, and maybe Believe, it seems like they assaulted me with absolutely amazing songs i.e. Die Off Hard, Staying Away, then turned in such classics that you deem aren't fillers such as, Hail Hail and Karma Cleansing, which when put up against Staying Away, and Die Off Hard, sound like complete filler, and no fillers? what do you consider Overload? is that good shit, all I can say is at least no matter how many fillers they had, they were Melodic Rock fillers, and we never heard them attempt to alter their sound to sound modern, and attempt at a modern top 40 sounding hit, I mean unless your a die hard HS fan, nobody that is honest, and unbiased, and who absolutely loves HS first few albums, can say they were left listening to any of the new shit, in complete amazement, and were so happy when buying the new HS albums, they just could not stop listening to it, and wait before you arguers jump on here and start "proving me wrong" this is a serious debate, He is going to give ER credit for the band they are, and not just give the stereotypical talking points about how they ripped off and cloned HS, and that's all they are is a 2ND rate HS, cause that is the most incorrect analysis and overused one out there, Emerald Rain really sound nothing like HS, and the only similarity's are that they are melodic, which I wasn't aware Harem Scarem invented melodic rock, my bad, and that they both have absolutely shredding guitarists, outside of that, there really are very little similarity's between the 2 bands, I mean if your honest about it, that is!!

That's a long sentence.

That's a long sentence.

Yes, perhaps it is, have you not ever noticed my inexplicably long winded rants? I generally get typing, and before you know it, BAM!! it's a fucking novel, oh well, I dont expect anyone to really read the whole thing, I wouldn't, know what im saying?

I ain't going to write an essay on this but IMO Emerald Rain are a good band with a few very good songs, but their sound is very close to HS (not identical) - same type of harmonies, riffs, guitar licks and the singer tries to sound like Harry but comes a long way second.

My initial comment was not really trying to bash the band more saying that another album wouldn't have excited me that much since I hardly play the others.

I guess the thing for me is that the best Emerald Rain songs are not as good as the best Harem Scarem songs, and when 2 bands sound similar, I'm always going to reach for a HS album first.

If that makes sense.

(for the record, don't own Karma Cleansing cos it's virtually impossible to find, although I think I've actually got most of the songs in some format, and Overload is awesome IMO - one of their best!)

I ain't going to write an essay on this but IMO Emerald Rain are a good band with a few very good songs, but their sound is very close to HS (not identical) - same type of harmonies, riffs, guitar licks and the singer tries to sound like Harry but comes a long way second.

My initial comment was not really trying to bash the band more saying that another album wouldn't have excited me that much since I hardly play the others.

I guess the thing for me is that the best Emerald Rain songs are not as good as the best Harem Scarem songs, and when 2 bands sound similar, I'm always going to reach for a HS album first.

If that makes sense.

(for the record, don't own Karma Cleansing cos it's virtually impossible to find, although I think I've actually got most of the songs in some format, and Overload is awesome IMO - one of their best!)

No bro, I just have never heard it, at most Ive heard the entire band at one point or another state HS as influences, but I just don't hear the comparison, AT ALL!!! Murray Daigle has his completely own style, and I just don't get where you think he try's to emulate Hess, I mean his voice is so far from Hess I couldn't think of a more complete opposite, I think Mike Dmitrovich is a way bigger show off then Lesperance, and ER have a way more melodic tone to them, and can you honestly tell me, Don't Tell The Rain is up there with anything HS has ever done, honestly bro, all bias aside, think of it as a song, bro, if that's the only song you can say is good, it it FUCKING GOOD, and good enough to be up with just about any song, bro, it is a top notch tune, if you want to give credit or not, HS are much older, much wiser, and have been around probably 20 more years then ER, I think their song structures are different then HS, I think their vibe of music is different, and if anything the HS sound comes out in their influence on them, and nothing to do with them copy catting them, that's just where I stand, as ive tried to draw the HS comparison since the 1st time I heard someone compare the 2, because honestly Perplexed was the 1st album I heard of theirs, Open Up Your Eyes, and I automatically bought Broken, and Age, and Perplexed all in the same purchase, It was probably a year after I heard those I saw someone online compare the 2, and It never even once crossed my mind in all the listens I listened to of it, that they reminded me in anyway of HS, that's mainly what im ranting about, it really has nothing to do with me wanting to defend ER, because in my opinion they just have way to many fillers for me to take them that seriously, a band has to at least put one CD out from beginning to end of complete quality consistent tracks, before I feel that they are worthy, and ER has never done that, but I do not deny or kid myself when I hear the talent in the band, and Dmitrovich is a far more competent player and unique player then most guitarists that I hear everyday, that's all.

I don't really think HS and ER sound alike either. I could appreciate the comparison when ER hit the scene but when I look back now, and as they progressed, I don't really see the similarity much at all. In the vocal harmonies maybe, but that's about it.

As for there being a lot of filler in HS catalogue, gotta disagree also. I also barely hear one amongst their massive catalogue. I agree with Glen that 'Overload' is an excellent CD. And for the record, I love 'Hail Hail' too - brilliant song.

• My Little Pony

2nd rate Harem IMO

That's a long sentence.

I love his rants. The man uses a lot of punctuation, but does not use periods or question marks. And his exclamation marks usually aren't used to end a sentence, but to emphasize a particular word or phrase. But I can't fault him. Some of us. Use. Too many! Periods? Question. Marks! And exclamation marks

2nd rate Harem IMO

That's a long sentence.

I love his rants. The man uses a lot of punctuation, but does not use periods or question marks. And his exclamation marks usually aren't used to end a sentence, but to emphasize a particular word or phrase. But I can't fault him. Some of us. Use. Too many! Periods? Question. Marks! And exclamation marks

Pretty clever, I dont use periods cause they are boring, If you look I often use question marks, when i axe a question, the majority of it is because the buttons on my Palm are busted so i will mean to hit the period, but unless i hit the shift button, which shares a button with mr exclamation mark, it doesnt switch over and inserts a exclamation instead of a period, and the back button is fucked off so I dont waste time erasing it, but I must admit my love . for the exclamation, since I would be emphasizing it if I were speaking to you, watch for the contraction, coming soon!!!