The Interesting Thread!

Glen

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rain is interesting....

only at cricket so you can stand in the beer tent.

I'd rather watch the cricket ... with a beer.

Comebacks by Palace, Southend and the Kansas City Chiefs (whom I follow, kind of) at the weekend - that's reasonably interesting.

Eerrr,I don't think it is.........lol

I do !! Up the Shrimpers!

Got my next 10K race in just under 2 weeks - want to go under 50 minutes for the first time......proving a real bastard to crack that barrier though (under 8 minute miles!)

Any other runners out there, or am I the only mad twat ??

Got my next 10K race in just under 2 weeks - want to go under 50 minutes for the first time......proving a real bastard to crack that barrier though (under 8 minute miles!)

My wife is a mad keen runner - goes in any and all the approx 10km runs anywhere near us. I run with her around the block sometimes when she trains, but like I think I said before, I get bored over long distances and I also refuse to pay to run. ;) I'm a cheap ass like that. Honestly, I'd like to do it one day just to get one official time. I can keep up with my wife comfortably, and she's really into it, so I dare say I'd go alright if I gave it a proper crack.

1 mile = about 1.6km. I'd be pretty impressed if you could do 8min miles for 10km. That'd be a pretty fine time.

My wife is a mad keen runner - goes in any and all the approx 10km runs anywhere near us. I run with her around the block sometimes when she trains, but like I think I said before, I get bored over long distances and I also refuse to pay to run. ;) I'm a cheap ass like that. Honestly, I'd like to do it one day just to get one official time. I can keep up with my wife comfortably, and she's really into it, so I dare say I'd go alright if I gave it a proper crack.

1 mile = about 1.6km. I'd be pretty impressed if you could do 8min miles for 10km. That'd be a pretty fine time.

last time I did 50 mins 15 secs which really annoyed me......but it was 30c heat which killed me at the end.

If it isnt windy Im pretty confident I can go under 50 mins this time.

Wouldnt be bad for a 40 (odd) yr old ;-)

last time I did 50 mins 15 secs which really annoyed me......but it was 30c heat which killed me at the end.

Very impressive! I go jogging, but I plod around very slowly and only usually do 2 or 3 miles. Partly because I'm a fat bastard and partly because I'm short of breath all the time (whether I'm running or sitting still, but it's more of a problem when you're trying to run!).

30 litres would be sweet. Most ingredients are set up nicely for the 23L, though, and I do like convenience. :)

Munich Lager you say? I know the name, but have not tried it. I do like my pale ales... ;)

Do you guys have Country Brewer shops in Vic? Awesome small chain we have up here in Sydney. A home brewer's delight.

Out of curiosity, aside from the syrup, sugar (brew enhancer or whatever it may be) and yeast, what other ingredients do you use? I've been adding hops (in form of a "tea bag" of sorts) and 150g packs of varying grains for flavour enhancement (added through a sive). Still haven't got it exactly as flavoursome as I'd like and always looking for tips.

I'm not sure if we have any Country Brewer stores here.I've tried a few different yeasts and grains and they have come out ok but i prefer the premixes as you can't go wrong.Youtube has some cool videos of guys showing you how to brew various beers.

I'm thinking of trying out the Little Creatures brew but it's $50 a can so i will wait till i can afford it and the Munich Lager you can pick up from K Mart or Target.I'm lucky as at my work they make the Cooper's bottles for the brew kits,so i grab alot of the seconds that are scrapped.They also have the caps so that saves some coin.

Haha, nice. I have a recipe for Little Creatures that'd be waaay less than $50... but that's getting gear from the Country Brewer. I'll post it tomorrow if I can. Because that presents a question. Can you use a generic Coopers Pale Ale can and mix in the other ingredients for the Little Creatures and still have a Little Creatures-like result... ? I will know soon. ;)

Karpetface, to answer your question, I'm using the Coopers kit.

Let me know how it goes mate,you never know you may produce a kick ass Frankenstein type beer and that's half the fun of home brewing.Your Little Creatures recipe has my beer taste buds a tingle.

Sorry mate, here we go:

Little Creatures Bright Ale:

Wal's Blonde 1.7kg (But I'm trying the Coopers Pale Ale syrup for money reasons... not sure how big a difference)

1kg Beer Booster (a fancy name for a type of sugar... again, you could probably try Brew Enhancer 2)

150g Wheat, Safale S-04 (Opt.) - (probably best to see a beer brewing shop about this one, like Country Brewer)

12g Perle (Dry) - this is the hops, in a "tea bag" type format

Very impressive! I go jogging, but I plod around very slowly and only usually do 2 or 3 miles. Partly because I'm a fat bastard and partly because I'm short of breath all the time (whether I'm running or sitting still, but it's more of a problem when you're trying to run!).

training run last night in the wind (as usual, on the coast!) 50 mins 48

Looking good!

i hate running, but nothing beats it for a quick cardio when there's no time to bike.

temps are finally staying under 100 most of the days now, so i'm going to have to kick it up a notch...

i can do the MTB in summer, but running doesnt generate enough of a breeze to warrant it.

49 mins 32 in training tonight = personal best

• My Little Pony

Very nice! Congrats.

Very nice! Congrats.

Yeah, well done. I could probably just about manage three miles in that time! :(

Very nice! Congrats.

Yeah, well done. I could probably just about manage three miles in that time! :(

on a bike ;-)

Very nice! Congrats.

on a bike ;-)

:lol:

• My Little Pony

Got myself a beer making equipment kit, but no beer kit. My brother's first brew will be ready on Tuesday. I should pick up a kit tomorrow or Monday, and get this shit started.