The Interesting Thread!

Glen

OK guys, you know Im so bored and depressed with reading 'the uninteresting thread', that I think we need a more positive, happy, vibrant thread to make us all feel good!

So post whatever you like.....music, interests, hobbies, women...............as long as it's interesting (ish)!!!!!!!!

I'll go first, beer! Read this yesterday which is good news for all us UK guys. Love me a bit of real ale!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19571803

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys, you know Im so bored and depressed with reading 'the uninteresting thread', that I think we need a more positive, happy, vibrant thread to make us all feel good!

So post whatever you like.....music, interests, hobbies, women...............as long as it's interesting (ish)!!!!!!!!

I'll go first, beer! Read this yesterday which is good news for all us UK guys. Love me a bit of real ale!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-19571803

I don't drink ale............ :whistle:

I don't drink ale............ :whistle:

Don't you start ruining a promising and interesting thread!

Sort of...

:)

I find nothing so far in this thread even remotely interesting (sorry guys), but this is:

Tamara_Ecclestone_Bikini_Poolside_Dubai_1.jpg

Who is that? I'm err 'interested'

I find nothing so far in this thread even remotely interesting (sorry guys), but this is:

Tamara_Ecclestone_Bikini_Poolside_Dubai_1.jpg

Who is that? I'm err 'interested'

Aaah Monsieur Glen..........La Dolce Vita.....

Now this is f interesting, reminds me of my 40th ;-))

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Sb-NVmiGE&feature=relmfu[/media]

Sweet action for the eyes! :masturbanana:

Nightmare for the ears! :thppt:

That's incredible. Sluts... can you ever say enough good things about them?

Glen, the girl above is actually Tamara Ecclestone, daughter of some F1 dude or something. My mate showed me some snaps of her recently and I always meant to check her out... forgot until last night, randomly. Attractive girl, though.

Real ale is fantastic, shame it's almost £4 a pint in most pubs now. :eek:

I seem to have less money than ever for beer these days, which makes every pint even more sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Sorry, that wasn't very interesting. Now Kagisho Dikgacoi's goal against Charlton on Friday night, that was interesting (and bloody marvellous)!

I seem to have less money than ever for beer these days, which makes every pint even more sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Sorry, that wasn't very interesting. Now Kagisho Dikgacoi's goal against Charlton on Friday night, that was interesting (and bloody marvellous)!

and against the run of play I hear ;-)

and against the run of play I hear ;-)

Controversial!

I saw a Charlton fan on Saturday and mentioned the goal they had disallowed. He shrugged and said that we were the better side and deserved the win anyway, so he wasn't too upset.

That'll do for me.

:woot:

Have I ever mentioned here that I'm totally into brewing my own beer these days. Just drinking my 4th batch now, with 60 x 700ml bottles settling as we speak. Thankfully, each batch has been better than the last. This new one, a fine pale ale, is quite magnificent, if I dare say so myself. :)

Have I ever mentioned here that I'm totally into brewing my own beer these days. Just drinking my 4th batch now, with 60 x 700ml bottles settling as we speak. Thankfully, each batch has been better than the last. This new one, a fine pale ale, is quite magnificent, if I dare say so myself. :)

That is definitely interesting. I've never tried it - is it loads of work? Did you buy kits or something? How long does it take?

I might have to have a go at this at some point. Beer = happy!

That is definitely interesting. I've never tried it - is it loads of work? Did you buy kits or something? How long does it take?

Honestly mate, not much work at all. It truly isn't. The biggest pain in the ass, I admit, is the bottling stage.

And yes, my wife bought me a kit for Christmas (thanks, my love!) and I've not looked back. It's pretty easy, mate. In a nutshell, you pour the contents of a syrup tin, 1kg of sugar and 23 litres of water into a big tub. Stir it around, add some hops and wheat flavour enhancement if you so desire (for fine pale ales in particular), sprinkle the yeast in last and then just leave that thing for a week. Get a couple of measurements a week later and then bottle it, store it and wait.

So from day one to the day of your first sip, ideally, it's about 7 weeks. I was drinking them excitedly after 2 weeks with my first batch, but when I let them sit for a few more weeks, the flavour enhancement is worth the time in gold. But if you keep several batches on the go at ones, my plan is to never buy beer again as I hope to always have my own perfectly brewed supply. It's a lot of fun playing around with and perfecting the flavours. :)

Honestly mate, not much work at all. It truly isn't. The biggest pain in the ass, I admit, is the bottling stage.

And yes, my wife bought me a kit for Christmas (thanks, my love!) and I've not looked back. It's pretty easy, mate. In a nutshell, you pour the contents of a syrup tin, 1kg of sugar and 23 litres of water into a big tub. Stir it around, add some hops and wheat flavour enhancement if you so desire (for fine pale ales in particular), sprinkle the yeast in last and then just leave that thing for a week. Get a couple of measurements a week later and then bottle it, store it and wait.

So from day one to the day of your first sip, ideally, it's about 7 weeks. I was drinking them excitedly after 2 weeks with my first batch, but when I let them sit for a few more weeks, the flavour enhancement is worth the time in gold. But if you keep several batches on the go at ones, my plan is to never buy beer again as I hope to always have my own perfectly brewed supply. It's a lot of fun playing around with and perfecting the flavours. :)

...and suddenly Glen's thread becomes the most interesting one on HH! ;)

Seriously though, I'm in. Got to look into this, sounds awesome. Nice one! :drink:

...and suddenly Glen's thread becomes the most interesting one on HH! ;)

Seriously though, I'm in. Got to look into this, sounds awesome. Nice one! :drink:

Honestly mate, I encourage you to do so. My brother in law and a good mate both started around the same time and we're all hooked. No need to pay $50+ for your favourite case when you can brew twice the amount of beer for almost 1/5 of the cost.