Best female vocals EVER!

JamesEagle

Okay, so maybe the title is a bit dramatic, but I don't think I've ever heard better female vocals than on this song, coming in at 3.31:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ain8I947H9Q

It's Tori Hitchcock, sister of Toby. I don't think there's anything else out there with her voice on it, although there were plans for a Hitchcock/Hitchcock album a few years ago (http://auxportesdumetal.com/interviews/prideoflions-uk.html).

Anyone else think she sounds f***ing awesome? I've listened to quite a few of the female-fronted bands listed on the HH site, but so far, none sound like this to me. Are there any other similar-sounding female singers out there?

You've obviously never listened to Anne Wilson of Heart. This chick has a nice voice, but pales in comparison to our Annie..The guitar solo is pretty nice though!!

You've obviously never listened to Anne Wilson of Heart. This chick has a nice voice, but pales in comparison to our Annie..The guitar solo is pretty nice though!!

She's has a good voice, but very different sound to this one imo. Never really liked Heart, the songs don't do a lot for me (apart from 'Alone', which despite being commercial, is feckin' incredible!) shrug.gif

• My Little Pony

I'm real happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but she sounds kinda generic to me. Maybe not to the rock world, but in the pop world she wouldn't stand out.

Yeah just for the record this is Pride Of Lions - you know that crap band that record shit boring AOR albums ;-)

Stunning song from their 3rd album, although truth be told I could do without the female vocals - otherwise love this & awesome vocal from Toby.

my fav female vocalist at the moment is Izzy Hale.

Spot on Jez :)

She's not bad but nothing outstanding. Btw the song is way too average. My favourite female singer is still Sandi Saraya.

Each to their own. I never liked Saraya at all, but I think this is a great song and the female vocals are my favourite ever! :D

She's not bad but nothing outstanding. Btw the song is way too average. My favourite female singer is still Sandi Saraya.

Yeah, good call... still love Sandi Saraya probably most of all. I must say, though, I do like the lady from Heart too, though. Great voice.

To be honest this one here doesn't really do anything for me.

I'm obviously on my own, as usual. :rolleyes:

Just think there's so much power and emotion in her voice and I prefer it to any of the names mentioned in this thread.

For what it's worth, I also think Pat Benatar is better than Wilson, Saraya, Laos, etc. I may need to hear more Charlotte Wessels though...

I'm obviously on my own, as usual. rolleyes.gif

Just think there's so much power and emotion in her voice and I prefer it to any of the names mentioned in this thread.

For what it's worth, I also think Pat Benatar is better than Wilson, Saraya, Laos, etc. I may need to hear more Charlotte Wessels though...

Pat Benatar is an icon, hands down. I think it's time to listen to her albums again. It's been a while. :tumbsup:

In the rock world I think all female voices are compared to Ann Wilson and Pat Benatar. I have no problem with that since they are 2 of the best voices I have ever heard. But for my money and ears Karen Carpenter is the one voice that still sends shivers down my spine.

Credits indeed should go to Ann Wilson, love her voice, but James, I admit this Tori can also sing, good vocal.

The song is decent and the verse somehow weirdly reminds me, a part of it, to 'Total Eclipse of The Heart'

and hey, Bonnie has nice pipes too :D

Credits indeed should go to Ann Wilson, love her voice, but James, I admit this Tori can also sing, good vocal.

The song is decent and the verse somehow weirdly reminds me, a part of it, to 'Total Eclipse of The Heart'

and hey, Bonnie has nice pipes too :D

Well, the lyric "turn around" is in both songs and it does sound similar in both, so you make a very good point.

Good call on Bonnie, nice voice, although I don't think I've ever heard anything by her other than 'Total Eclipse of The Heart'. Is that outrageous? Are there any other Bonnie songs I should hear...?

I do really want to hear more of Tori too, presumably there's no cameo from her on the new Pride of Lions CD?

I'm gonna go "old school" and say Karen Lawrence is still my favourite female vocalist, can be sugary or can be rocky or can be bluesy - kicks the power in when needed and reins it in when not.

Gotta say bud - not keen on the vocal on that song at all, powerful but a bit ho-hum - not really engaging and in all honesty not easy for me to listen either as it seemed to grate a bit ...but then what do I know. Glad it makes you rock at the end of the day!

Floor Jansen (formerly of After Forever) gets my vote ... Sharon del Adel (Within Temptation) also has a great voice ... Tara Teresa (who provided the female vocals on Firewind's 'Allegiance' album is well worth a listen ... obviously, the mighty Pat Benetar and Ann Wilson ... the new female vocalist (whose name escapes me) for UK proggers Mostly Autumn has a lovely voice on her ... Kate Bush ... oh, and Grace Potter is a current fave (whaddya mean, 'Who?'?!)

Does the chick even sing on this song??? I listened to all like 3 hours of it, and barely even heard her sing, what I did hear was superb, but I must have missed the part she sings in?? also my vote for best chick singer by far is on Aventasia CD The Scarecrow, track 5 is called What Kind Of Love, Tobias does a duet with a chick I deem the best female vocalistIve EVER!! heard, I guess her name is Amanda Sommerville, I have never heard her on any other songs either, but I guess she's American, which really sparks my interest, as Tobias, and Edguy as well have probably the least amount of notoriety in America as they have anywhere.

Really nice voice but for female vox I still worship at the altar of Fiona Flanagan :bowdown:

i agree,, although fiona is kinda in the fun-to-listen-to-but-don't-let-your-friends-know-you-have-the-cd category.

and all the songs about relationships dont pack any of the emotional triggers they did when you were a teenager.

• My Little Pony

Does the chick even sing on this song??? I listened to all like 3 hours of it, and barely even heard her sing, what I did hear was superb, but I must have missed the part she sings in?? also my vote for best chick singer by far is on Aventasia CD The Scarecrow, track 5 is called What Kind Of Love, Tobias does a duet with a chick I deem the best female vocalistIve EVER!! heard, I guess her name is Amanda Sommerville, I have never heard her on any other songs either, but I guess she's American, which really sparks my interest, as Tobias, and Edguy as well have probably the least amount of notoriety in America as they have anywhere.

Yeah, that's probably where my vote goes, too. For now. I know I've heard better, but I can't put a name to it.

Here is miss Sommerville in her band Trillium! now this bitch can sing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyIeec5sZuI&feature=relmfu