Warrant, Firehouse & Trixter! Great Show!

Mullethead

Went to the concert last night and damn, what a great show! It was over 20 years ago that these three bands toured together but they still got it. Trixter was great, even though the crowd didn't get in to it like they should have. The new stuff was great and the 3 guys in front look like rock stars. I felt bad thinking this when I saw him but man, Gus has packed on the pounds. He looked like the Blues Traveler guy :( But that being said, he was the coolest of the bunch and still as crazy as he was back in the day. Never a great drummer but suits their brand & style of music. Overall, they were great live!

Firehouse was Firehouse..I don't think they have ever done a bad show. And I have to say with 100% honestly, CJ has to be on vocal steroids because he hit notes that he hit back in 1991, Just insane the perfect high pitch...sounded like he could have sang in Nitro back in the day :) They are just amazing though. Stuck to the first 2 albums which is good but also a major downer that they did not play anything off of 3, Category 5, O2 or PrimeTime. Hard for me to understand that but oh well, they were still unbelievable live. Very underrated drummer as well.

Act of the night goes to Warrant though...Robert Mason can be described in 2 words...rock star. Anyone who has seen him live will tell you he was born to be a front man. Perfect Vocals and stage moves, just insane. And I have to tip my hat to them, they play 4-5 new songs. Even more of a surprise, they played Machine Gun & Bonfire from Dog Eat Dog but steered clear of anything after that release until Rockaholic. Just as CJ did, he hit every note. Pete Loran seemed to have lost some of his vox as he didn't even attempt anything above medium range. The evening ended with all bands on stage for Cherry Pie which was out of control. Gus....LOL. Dude is crazy!

I have a billion pics on my phone. I will pic some of the best & upload this weekend.

\m/

Definitely a great tour to catch this year as all three bands are in top form. Now I wish I would've stayed for Warrant to see if all three bands got up on stage for the Cherry Pie encore.

Definitely a great tour to catch this year as all three bands are in top form. Now I wish I would've stayed for Warrant to see if all three bands got up on stage for the Cherry Pie encore.

You left before Warrant played? Oh shit, you had your kid(s) with you right? Sorry, forgot man. Warrant was so freakin good live!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Seth1972

I saw these bands play earlier this summer in Chesaning MI. They were absolutely awesome. I'd never even heard of Trixter before this concert, but I was a big Firehouse and Warrant fan. Trixter was incredible; they're now one of my favorite bands. And I was really happy that Warrant played Down Boys, as it's my favorite song by them. Their live Uncle Tom's Cabin was also very well performed. I loved that it was such a small concert - I was close enough to see the band members very well, and it felt more 'personal' than many of the bigger concerts I've seen. Great show!!!

Definitely interested to see Warrant live with Mason. I've seen Firehouse couple of times and they did come to Indonesia few years ago and agree, CJ hits the high notes perfectly, only it's sad that they focus mostly on the ballads/slowtempo here, maybe because they're famous with that back then.