Barish Kepic - Addiction (2012)

Guest Axldobby

Guest Axldobby

Second and new solo effort from guitar player, Barish Kepic - ex-JADED HEART and ex-POWERWORLD, will be released between september and october. It will be titled "Addiction" and will appear three guests: Michael Bormann, Ferdy Doernberg and Chity Somapala. More informations coming soon! ;)

Second and new solo effort from guitar player, Barish Kepic - ex-JADED HEART and ex-POWERWORLD, will be released between september and october. It will be titled "Addiction" and will appear three guests: Michael Bormann, Ferdy Doernberg and Chity Somapala. More informations coming soon! ;)

This should be good with Bormann involved

To my ears, he's an elite guitarist, and one of my top 10 favorites, really miss hearing him in JH, and I think you can tell clearly he's not on it, all elite guitarists have their own sound, and style, and you can pick up on it almost the second you hear it, I will look forward to ordering this.

Guest Axldobby

I've another news, REALLY interesting, dear friends! In relation with Barish Kepic, Michael Bormann and... Chris Ivo! Do you remember Chris Ivo, the first keyboard player in JADED HEART ? Those three ex-JH are ready to strike again, with a new project and album! The idea ? A "Jaded-Heart-before-Michael-Bormann-leaving" release! ;)

----

Further more, something I've forgotten! : I've created two years ago a online fanzine dedicated to Barish Kepic: http://barishkepic-fanazine.blogspot.com This is the reason why I've got news about those projects :)

Great news about the mini Jaded Heart reunion - sounds awesome.

Anyone else interested in this being his second solo album, or am I the only tool out there who doesn't know he has already released a solo disc? I would really love to hear the first, and then this one. Yum.

Guest Axldobby

Here, some songs from first solo release titled "Sensitive Crush". It's a full-length instrumental opus. One song, "Time Will Tell" to be precise, from album "Sensitive Crush" is the instrumental version of "Dreams You'll Never Seen" which comes from album "JADED HEART-Helluva Time" ;)

http://youtu.be/Su168HYLkNE

Chasing Stars

http://youtu.be/85nOoamnEkg

Life Cycle

http://youtu.be/FrHhK92Ha4k

Sensitive Crush

You can buy directly from Barish, the album "Sensitive Crush": http://www.barishkepic.com/shop.htm 8,99€ exclude extra costs :D

• 2 months later...
Guest Axldobby

A little bit late! Last night, I've finally received many stuff from Barish!

Firstly, a short announcement:

FINALLY…

The release date for “Addiction” is the 7th of December! Sorry for the delay again!!!

During this production, unfortunately, almost nothing went as scheduled. One other reason for the delay is, I don’t wanna bring out an album I’m not satisfied with!

It was a whole lot of work, lot’s of sleepless nights, coffees and beers…but I had a lot

of fun doing it, too…and that’s what counts at the end! I hope it was worth waiting for it, and you’ll enjoy!

A “very special thanks” goes to my guests on this album: Michael Bormann, Chity Somapala and Ferdy Doernberg.

Tracklist:

01. Only By Night

02. Lost In Samsara

03. Vagabundear

04. Blue Hearted

05. All That Idle Talk

06. Addiction

07. While The City Sleeps

08. Book Of Destiny

09. Inside Illusions

10. Little Wing

Secondly, the artwork:

barishkepic-addiction.jpg

Finally, a six-track-previews teaser:

http://soundcloud.com/barishkepic_fz/teaser-addiction-barish-kepic

A little bit late! Last night, I've finally received many stuff from Barish!

Firstly, a short announcement:

FINALLY…

The release date for “Addiction” is the 7th of December! Sorry for the delay again!!!

During this production, unfortunately, almost nothing went as scheduled. One other reason for the delay is, I don’t wanna bring out an album I’m not satisfied with!

It was a whole lot of work, lot’s of sleepless nights, coffees and beers…but I had a lot

of fun doing it, too…and that’s what counts at the end! I hope it was worth waiting for it, and you’ll enjoy!

A “very special thanks” goes to my guests on this album: Michael Bormann, Chity Somapala and Ferdy Doernberg.

Tracklist:

01. Only By Night

02. Lost In Samsara

03. Vagabundear

04. Blue Hearted

05. All That Idle Talk

06. Addiction

07. While The City Sleeps

08. Book Of Destiny

09. Inside Illusions

10. Little Wing

Secondly, the artwork:

barishkepic-addiction.jpg

Finally, a six-track-previews teaser:

http://soundcloud.com/barishkepic_fz/teaser-addiction-barish-kepic

No samples with Bormann, that sucks

Guest Axldobby

MISTAKE! "Addiction" will be an eleven-track piece! Deeply sorry for this mistake! :'(

Right tracklist:

01. Only By Night

02. The Long Road

03. Lost In Samsara

04. Vagabundear

05. Blue Hearted

06. All That Idle Talk

07. Addiction

08. While The City Sleeps

09. Book Of Destiny

10. Inside Illusions

11. Little Wing (HENDRIX cover)

All right infos here: http://barishkepic-f...ction-2012.html

And to answer to "The Rocker": yes, unfortunately there's no previews with M.Bormann on guest vocals. M.Bormann sings on track 11! :)

MISTAKE! "Addiction" will be an eleven-track piece! Deeply sorry for this mistake! :'(

Right tracklist:

01. Only By Night

02. The Long Road

03. Lost In Samsara

04. Vagabundear

05. Blue Hearted

06. All That Idle Talk

07. Addiction

08. While The City Sleeps

09. Book Of Destiny

10. Inside Illusions

11. Little Wing (HENDRIX cover)

All right infos here: http://barishkepic-f...ction-2012.html

And to answer to "The Rocker": yes, unfortunately there's no previews with M.Bormann on guest vocals. M.Bormann sings on track 11! :)

Just the one song? And a cover at that!?

Guest Axldobby

Yes, one song will be performed by M.Bormann. I understand your disappontement, but you've to know that "Addiction" is before all an instrumental adventure, not a standard studio release. Instrumental lines played by Barish are wonderful, believe me! :) He doesn't need people as guest voices to express himself through his music, in my opinion. Technique and feelings together via his music... Just magic! The three guests could be described as a special bonus :)

Yes, one song will be performed by M.Bormann. I understand your disappontement, but you've to know that "Addiction" is before all an instrumental adventure, not a standard studio release. Instrumental lines played by Barish are wonderful, believe me! :) He doesn't need people as guest voices to express himself through his music, in my opinion. Technique and feelings together via his music... Just magic! The three guests could be described as a special bonus :)

Totally understand what you're saying, BUT as a former singer myself I need vocals! I very rarely(if ever) listen to a full instrumental album, I don't mind an instrumental song or 2 on an album but not the whole thing.

Kepic and Bormann were the true sound of Jaded Heart. If they teamed up again in a new band, I'd be all over that. The new Jaded Heart is crap in my opinion, especially the way they went behind Bormanns back with copywriting/trademarking the name and then booting him. It was his band to begin with.

Guest Axldobby

@The Rocker: A singer ? Wow, that explains many things and mainly your opinion about the lack of vocals on this release :)

@T-BONE: I like the both JH sides. That's right, Bormann brothers, Dirk and Michael, formed the band with Axel Kruse and Michael Müller. I think after Michael's leaving (I've heard a different version, not a "leaving" by his own but he was fired due to his bad behavior), JADED HEART has shown another side, a "heavy" and "metallic" side. No doubt that this side has been started by Bormann/Kepic on records like "The Journey Will Never End" or "Trust". And if you come back some decades ago, with "Slaves And Masters" :)

A question for you, dear T-BONE: as a Bormann's fan, what do you think about his solo career, please ? For me, that sounds too much "sweet", too "soft", too far away from his work in JADED HEART.

I don't mind it for the most part. It's like Jaded Heart's lighter material; good in small doses if there are rockers surrounding them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

God! What a riff in the song Heaven Is Falling, sorry I just listened and reminded me what a fucking shred fest he has on that song, Barish is fucking rad, he is the man!

Guest Axldobby

@Leykis101: It was Michael Bormann who performed Heaven Is Falling :)

Just a short recap about who was guitar player on each JADED HEART release:

-Inside Out -> Dirks Bormann

-$laves And Master$ -> Michael Bormann

-Mystery Eyes -> Michael Bormann

-IV - > Barish Kepic

-The Journey Will Never End - > Barish Kepic

-Trust -> Barish Kepic

-Helluva Time -> Barish Kepic

-Sinister Mind -> Peter Östros

-Perfect Insanity -> Peter Östros

-Common Destiny -> Peter Östros

@Leykis101: It was Michael Bormann who performed Heaven Is Falling :)

Just a short recap about who was guitar player on each JADED HEART release:

-Inside Out -> Dirks Bormann

-$laves And Master$ -> Michael Bormann

-Mystery Eyes -> Michael Bormann

-IV - > Barish Kepic

-The Journey Will Never End - > Barish Kepic

-Trust -> Barish Kepic

-Helluva Time -> Barish Kepic

-Sinister Mind -> Peter Östros

-Perfect Insanity -> Peter Östros

-Common Destiny -> Peter Östros

His work on Helluva Time was as good as any, and I think Sinister Mind goes to show what a difference he makes, didnt know Borringman could shred like that!

Guest Axldobby

Hmm, there's an additional guitar player on "Mystery Eyes" who's Alex Beyrodt. On the booklet, it's written that Alex played as guest on songs like "Heaven Is Falling". So, I assume Bormann wrote the song and guitar lines were performed by Alex Beyrodt :) I'm agree with you about the quality of this song! :)

About "Helluva Time", Peter Östos was guest guitar player. Of course, the main guitar player was Barish Kepic :)