Shotgun Alley follow up with EP to Debut Album

Guest JoshShotgun

Guest JoshShotgun

Shotgun Alley from New Zealand are now based in LA! And have just released the first two songs of their 8-track EP! They're releasing 6 more over the next 3 weeks and they're available from their website for FREE Download!!

Some of you may remember their releases from late 2011/early 2012, both of their self-titled 2011 debut album.

'Eventually'

[media=]

[/media]

and

'Can't Stop This'

[media=]

[/media]

The new songs are also up on youtube for your listening pleasure!! Here's the link to the first, and title, track from the EP, "Damnation"

[media=]

[/media]

What do we think???

Very nice. If I'm not mistaken this is a fair bit heavier than the debut and I like it. Can't wait to hear the 8 new songs.

Guest JoshShotgun

Great!! Yeah man, a little heavier definitely!! But there are still some softer more melody-oriented rock songs on the EP to come!!

Currently recording the final track's for the next album as well, which will be released in Decemeber this year!!

Great!! Yeah man, a little heavier definitely!! But there are still some softer more melody-oriented rock songs on the EP to come!!

Currently recording the final track's for the next album as well, which will be released in Decemeber this year!!

Awesome news... can't wait to hear both!

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmmm...just finished spinning this and while it's good, my first spin impression is that it pales in comparison to their debut. That debut made my 2011 Top Ten List, but based solely on a single listen, this EP is far more average, with several songs settling for very average hooks. That said, the price was certainly right, and there are some cool gems mixed in with the more mundane tracks. Not a bad album by any means, but I was hoping/expecting something killer, so I have to confess to being mildly disappointed. Probably on subsequent spins I will appreciate it more, now that my expectations are dialed down to more realistic levels.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JoshShotgun

Hmmmmm...just finished spinning this and while it's good, my first spin impression is that it pales in comparison to their debut. That debut made my 2011 Top Ten List, but based solely on a single listen, this EP is far more average, with several songs settling for very average hooks. That said, the price was certainly right, and there are some cool gems mixed in with the more mundane tracks. Not a bad album by any means, but I was hoping/expecting something killer, so I have to confess to being mildly disappointed. Probably on subsequent spins I will appreciate it more, now that my expectations are dialed down to more realistic levels.

Dude, all good!! Everyone's entitled to their opinion and we fully respect that! We are pumped that you included us in your top ten albums of last year, that's amazing!! But all we ask, is you give it another listen ;) We wanted to release these songs before the new album is released later this year and we love them all equally.

We feel it's a bridge in the gap the direction is taking for them album, so hopefully you'll be a bit more stoked on the album when it's released! Thanks for your input man!!

Josh Shotgun

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...