help, I need 5 bands

66 mustang

what I'm lookig for is 5 bands from the 80's scene that are different. you know what i'm saying, you have Poison then all the bands that are related to them in style, Warrant, PBF....... You have Crue and all the sound alike bands that came after them.

What is an obscure band / artist in the 80's hard rock scene that had a bit of a different sound that still ROCKED.

• My Little Pony

Not sure if I should be the first to answer. The ones that came straight to mind were: Cinderella, Electric Boys, Extreme, Transit, Treat. I don't know why you need this.

How'bout these?

Saigon Kick were pretty left-of-center. How many other bands had songs featuring a kazoo choir ("My Life")?

Warrior Soul make me wanna drink grain alcohol, set stuff on fire, and punch random people.... and I mean that in the best possible way.

Kik Tracee had a weird, artsy, cinematic, almost-but-not-quite "goth" thing going on (witness their video for "You're So Strange"), as did Bang Tango ("Someone Like You")

Princess Pang were like a Hanoi Rocks/early Aerosmith throwback, with a chick singer. Maybe not the most original thing to come down the pike but their one album doesn't get nearly enough love.

How'bout these?

Saigon Kick were pretty left-of-center. How many other bands had songs featuring a kazoo choir ("My Life")?

Warrior Soul make me wanna drink grain alcohol, set stuff on fire, and punch random people.... kiand I mean that in the best possible way.

Kik Tracee had a weird, artsy, cinematic, almost-but-not-quite "goth" thing going on (witness their video for "You're So Strange"), as did Bang Tango ("Someone Like You")

Princess Pang were like a Hanoi Rocks/early Aerosmith throwback, with a chick singer. Maybe not the most original thing to come down the pike but their one album doesn't get nearly enough love.

I'll second the Saigon Kick and Kik Tracee!

Certainly Saigon Kick, a brilliant band that was different. Lillian Axe, not that obscure but had a certain maturity that made them a notch above everything else at the time. The Cult and their albums Electric And Sonic Temple are fantastic, although by no means obscure. Dweezil Zappa 's Confessions is brilliant, funny and catchy hair rock with sme killer guitar work. Point Of Power - It's About Time an obscure Canadian indie band that reminds me of Van Hagar, pretty decent stuff. 2 DIE 4 from Britain put out an album that many don't like, but the first 5 tracks are killer IMO, very different sound and it's probably dirt cheap to find on Ebay.

MYSTIC FORCE ... Metal in the line of Queensryche meets DIO

LAW AND ORDER... Heavy Rock with a Blues influence.

D GENERATION ... Sleazy Rock with a slight Punk feel.

CHILD'S PLAY .........Just straight forwad Rock

THE ZEROS.. nothing groundbreaking.. just fun glammy tounge & cheek tunes.

D GENERATION ... Sleazy Rock with a slight Punk feel.

Good call. I would also recommend Bad Biscut and Shake the Faith, both of which have a similar vibe to D Generation.