Shakra Question

Leykis101

I know my hands down favorite Shakra song is by far the song, Done Me Wrong, in my book it doesn't get any better then that jam!!

Hands down favorite here too. It's one of those tunes that sounds better the louder you play it. "Anybody Out There" is a close 2nd.

I didn't discover Shakra until last year. I started with "Everest" and was glad I did. After listening to 'em all, I think it's by far their best. In fact, it was only the Mark Fox stuff that I liked. I didn't get into the older stuff. And aside from "Crazy", I didn't care for anything on the new CD.

Really!! You really dont like anything off that 1st disc? so you basically really don't get into shakra, your more of a Fox fan, would that be safe to say? i believe his disc is coming out soon, if it's not already out, no i like the band myself.

I guess I shouldn't say I didn't like the earlier stuff. I just meant that I liked the Mark Fox albums the best. Probably because "Everest" was the first one I heard and what got me interested in the band. The first disc is good, I just don't listen to it as much as the others.

As for the Fox "2012" disc that just came out... I thought it was awful.

I know my hands down favorite Shakra song is by far the song, Done Me Wrong, in my book it doesn't get any better then that jam!!

Hands down favorite here too. It's one of those tunes that sounds better the louder you play it. "Anybody Out There" is a close 2nd.

I didn't discover Shakra until last year. I started with "Everest" and was glad I did. After listening to 'em all, I think it's by far their best. In fact, it was only the Mark Fox stuff that I liked. I didn't get into the older stuff. And aside from "Crazy", I didn't care for anything on the new CD.

Really!! You really dont like anything off that 1st disc? so you basically really don't get into shakra, your more of a Fox fan, would that be safe to say? i believe his disc is coming out soon, if it's not already out, no i like the band myself.

I guess I shouldn't say I didn't like the earlier stuff. I just meant that I liked the Mark Fox albums the best. Probably because "Everest" was the first one I heard and what got me interested in the band. The first disc is good, I just don't listen to it as much as the others.

As for the Fox "2012" disc that just came out... I thought it was awful.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought it sucked. :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2022 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2022.

82% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • I didn't realise Newdeck had left the band. Why did this occur? I see it having an impact on the backing vocals too. Hopefully a hole easily enough filled. I also heard the comment about returning to the more fun vibe of the first two. Silly me didn't realise they'd changed their style after those two.  Whatever the case, just really looking forward to this. I was listening to his top deep cut tracks the other day on the Glam Metal Podcast and he definitely has influences rock solidly aligned with my favourites, so can't see this being anything but most enjoyable. 
    • Yeah, super disappointing. I actually thought they were planning a new studio release. Could have sworn I heard something about that, or am I on a disco trip? 
    • Hmmm, definitely not the song I wanted to hear after quite the hiatus. Just sounds like a loud (when it kicks in) mess to me, sadly.  I was just reading and didn't realise that one of their original guitarists had died. Sad. Still a relatively young dude. R.I.P. Derek Jones.   I hope they can deliver a good new album as I seem to remember them going backwards with each new album. Falling, but not in reverse. Hoping they can still deliver the goods as they can be pretty awesome at their best. 
    • Never heard that one (and via my wife and friends, regrettably, I've actually heard a lot of their shit - hence my feelings towards them). It's kinda different to a lot of their stuff I hear but still distinctly them. I'm personally not finding it catchy, in all honesty, but I'd readily admit some horrific songs are catchy. This one, probably just horrific without the catchy part.  
    • Have to agree. The most recent album by Scorpions was one of my favourite albums last year, and Alice Cooper has put out some of my favourite material in recent years, and they have both been around longer than Leppard. Bands like Lep and Jovi choose to put out weak material, end of story. The problem with Lep though is they are just so up and down with their releases. Self titled was a great album. Everything surrounding it is not. I really liked Slang. Loved Euphoria, but then it was just mediocre release after mediocre release until self titled. Everyone is gonna have their opinion, and they are entitled to it but don't try telling me I am wrong when I say X was a turd with one or two semi decent songs on it.  Hell even Sparkle lounge had more decent songs on it, and was still a let down.
    • I wasn't meaning to single you out. His voice has always been a discussion point. 
    • I'm so tired of this "well that was then, this is now," "they were at their prime, and now they're old" bullshit. Growing old doesn't mean it's okay to suck. Look a Treat: there was young, 80's Treat; and old, modern Treat. Whether you prefer one version over the other, both versions still rock. Both versions put out quality music.  There is no excuse. 
    • I dunno man, I'd put up with a lot from a chick if they do what Alannis does to you at the cinema.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.