Does anyone else like Warrant's Rockaholic CD?

axslinger6774

I bought this one a while ago and only listened the first 2 songs on it, and brought it back out and gave it a few spins......I'm really liking it actually. Why Robert Mason isn't a bigger name is totally beyond me! I don't know if it has been mentioned in the forum before, but the Cry of Love album he sang on "Diamonds & Debris" is great as well.

I think it's pretty good.

It's ok. Mason is a fantastic frontman but the songs all seem to lack that special touch that would make it a memorable album. Born Again was the same way. Just goes to show how good a songwriter Jani was.

It's just okay...considering the cast it should have killed. Short of the mark for me.

They are coming to SOIL at the end of the month with Trixter & Firehouse. Already got my tix :)

I have a question about Jani's song writing credits. On all the Warrant cds it list Jani as THE song writer, but on an official best of cd that I have it list different members of the band as being song writers as well. So why is that, is he really the great songwriter everyone thinks he is? Or did he have some kind of contract with the band and record company? I just find it hard to believe with 5 members of a band the singers not only writes the lyrics but ALL the music also(riffs and solos and fills). Anyone have an answer?

It's just okay...considering the cast it should have killed. Short of the mark for me.

They are coming to SOIL at the end of the month with Trixter & Firehouse. Already got my tix :)

I'm taking my daughter to see those three bands this Sunday at the Sioux Empire Fair. Really looking forward to seeing Trixter, only one of the three bands I haven't seen live yet. Firehouse and Warrant never disappoint.

I played this one again today and i still like it a lot. Sure its no Cherry Pie or Dog Eat Dog but Mason sounds great and i like every song on it.

Agreed. Still a solid album. Really like Sex Ain't Love. Nice album.

I have a question about Jani's song writing credits. On all the Warrant cds it list Jani as THE song writer, but on an official best of cd that I have it list different members of the band as being song writers as well. So why is that, is he really the great songwriter everyone thinks he is? Or did he have some kind of contract with the band and record company? I just find it hard to believe with 5 members of a band the singers not only writes the lyrics but ALL the music also(riffs and solos and fills). Anyone have an answer?

That's what I've wondered about......I heard that there wasn't much record company interest in the band before he was in it, so maybe he was signed, kinda like Jon Bon Jovi was? I don't know...Jani was probably just responsible for writing the vocal melodies and the chord progressions. The Joey Allen and Erik Turner probably wrote the lead licks, etc., well, the ones the actually played on, anyways...CC Deville from Poison played the Cherry Pie solo and the bit at the beginning of Uncle Toms Cabin.

I'm taking my daughter to see those three bands this Sunday at the Sioux Empire Fair. Really looking forward to seeing Trixter, only one of the three bands I haven't seen live yet. Firehouse and Warrant never disappoint.

Cool man, let me know how it is. They are in Du Quoin, IL when I see them. $40 a ticket but three bands so I'm cool with it. \m/

Cool man, let me know how it is. They are in Du Quoin, IL when I see them. $40 a ticket but three bands so I'm cool with it. \m/

Will do. Chad (doksdad) saw them about a month ago, said they were all awesome. Good thing about this show, it's free with paid admission to the fair, so for my daughter and me it will only cost us $10 total. \m/

To be honest, I've never even bothered with the newest stuff from Warrant. Warrant without Jani Lane just isn't Warrant.

I can only offer an 'it's ok' too. A couple of pretty sweet balladic moments if memory serves, but I've not thought to spin it for a while...

Will do. Chad (doksdad) saw them about a month ago, said they were all awesome. Good thing about this show, it's free with paid admission to the fair, so for my daughter and me it will only cost us $10 total. \m/

$10? Fuck me....I like that price better :)

They were great. Mason can sing the shit out of anything!!!! You'll enjoy the show fo sho!!!

$10? Fuck me....I like that price better :)

Saw Trixter and Firehouse last night at the Sioux Empire Fair. Had to leave before Warrant went on because it was already 10pm and my 10yr old was ready to go. Trixter was insane! So glad I finally got to see them. Also got to meet the band which was pretty cool. Firehouse was awesome as they always are. C.J, said this is has been the longest Sunday ever, they were in Seoul, South Korea for a show for 35000 fans, jumped on a plane and flew to Sioux Falls, South Dakota for the fair show. With the 14hr time change both shows were done on the same day! And they still kicked ass! Frank Hannon from Tesla would come onstage with his acoustic guitar between sets and play a few songs while the next act was setting up and he was very good as well.

I bought this one a while ago and only listened the first 2 songs on it, and brought it back out and gave it a few spins......I'm really liking it actually. Why Robert Mason isn't a bigger name is totally beyond me! I don't know if it has been mentioned in the forum before, but the Cry of Love album he sang on "Diamonds & Debris" is great as well.

I like this album, but won't deny that they made at least 5 fillers here. Lucky there's plenty of tracks to pick from, and it ended up around the edge of 80% for me i guess, so it's pretty solid, but it ain't that naughty Jani Lane days type of Warrant, here's the more matured straight forward hard rock WARRANT, much better than the previous album, but I can sense the lack of magical Jani touch. I think I'll still buy the new Mason Warrant later on, I still have faith in his voice and the rest of the gang, but yeah Jani will be missed, RIP JL

This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't called WARRANT. They should have dropped the name. Or called themselves NEW WARRANT/ARREST WARRANT or something. This has no old Warrant in it whatsoever.

Guest Footstomp

Got really excited when I heard some samples from the album, but a bit disappointed when I heard the entire album. It is still an ok album. The Show Must Go On, Sex Is not Love and Life's a Song are my favorites.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it a lot. I think that it's one of the stronger new albums by a veteran band in recent years, especially considering the absence of a major original member.

I agree