John Waite on Bad English

Glen

“I think it’s garbage. I mean, I hate to say it, but I listen to Journey and think, ‘Jesus Christ, that is just wrong.’ That’s why there will never be a Bad English reunion,” Waite said. “It’s for super white people listening to super white music. Fuck that. I’d rather shoot myself.”

You'd think he'd have a bit more respect for the best 2 albums of music he ever appeared on........

& that last comment is just offensive in this day and age.

Shame on him.

Haha. That's pretty funny, but like Glen said, they're the best 2 albums he's ever been a part of, so that's some pretty silly commentary. I love the guy's voice and a lot of his solo stuff, but they were a big cut above the rest. It sounds to me like he may have had a lot of lyrical input too?

Very rude, very narrow-minded comments. I'd love to see the firestorm that would erupt had he said "It’s for super black people listening to super black music. Fuck that. I’d rather shoot myself.”

I love his voice but this is one piece of crap he told, if it ain't for Bad English, no way many people will recognize him

Thanks to that overplayed 'When I See You Smile' on the TV, he should be thankful for that

Very rude, very narrow-minded comments. I'd love to see the firestorm that would erupt had he said "It’s for super black people listening to super black music. Fuck that. I’d rather shoot myself.”

HEY!! Dan, um he just made a racist comment, I think he needs a warning, like mine, come on it's only fair, we need to explain to him, that racism only works one way, there is no such thing as "WHITE RACISM" if he didn't know that, ignorance is no excuse, you cannot say the "B" Word, ok Evil Rick! LOL

Other than "Change" and "Missing You", I could not tell you a single John Waite solo song title. I also never heard of The Babys until Bad English came around.

Agree.

I hate when artists say shit like this. What, so I'm some fucking twat for enjoying your music? Eat a dick!

Yes!

Like everyone else has said, love his voice and the 2 Bad English cd's are great. The guy is just an ASS! By the way, I am as white as they come!

Like everyone else has said, love his voice and the 2 Bad English cd's are great. The guy is just an ASS! By the way, I am as white as they come!

That's right, don't know to many of the brotha's that are spinning Straight To Your Heart, when they roll up next to me at the stop lights, nor have I EVER LIVED WITHIN EARSHOT RANGE OF ANY MEXICANS THAT INSTEAD OF THE FUCKING IRRITATING AND JUST PLAIN HORRIBLE CIRCUS MUSIC, ARE JAMMING Heaven Is A 4 Letter Word TO WAKE ME UP AT 7AM SUNDAY MORNINGS!! I think he's pretty accurate with this part of the statement.

Another comment like Brian Howe's who said that white singers shouldn't sing rock music or something. Another singer trying to get media attention by saying how much self-loathing he has. Pathetic. I've never listened to any Babys stuff or any solo stuff and I'll continue to listen to both Bad English and Bad Company so John, call me super white for continuing to listen to Bad English and I'll say "fuck you" to you while doing so.

The article can be found here:

http://www.metalslud...=2903&Itemid=38

Another comment like Brian Howe's who said that white singers shouldn't sing rock music or something. Another singer trying to get media attention by saying how much self-loathing he has. Pathetic. I've never listened to any Babys stuff or any solo stuff and I'll continue to listen to both Bad English and Bad Company so John, call me super white for continuing to listen to Bad English and I'll say "fuck you" to you while doing so.

ha ha yeah backed.

That's right, don't know to many of the brotha's that are spinning Straight To Your Heart, when they roll up next to me at the stop lights, nor have I EVER LIVED WITHIN EARSHOT RANGE OF ANY MEXICANS THAT INSTEAD OF THE FUCKING IRRITATING AND JUST PLAIN HORRIBLE CIRCUS MUSIC, ARE JAMMING Heaven Is A 4 Letter Word TO WAKE ME UP AT 7AM SUNDAY MORNINGS!! I think he's pretty accurate with this part of the statement.

***warning---off topic post to follow***

I had to laugh when I read that...when I was in x-ray school I lived in a pretty shady part of town. Right across the street from my apartment building was this house full of mexicans. Every (and I mean EVERY) Sunday morning there would be this mexican guy with a bottle sitting in his window frame (that had no window in it) singing along to his "yeh heh heh hyaaaaa..." music he had blaring from his room. Man I hated that! I still get chills when I hear that mariachi music. :lol:

There's not much point agreeing with others on this, as it's so ridiculous. I guess some people will do anything for attention when they've been out of the public eye for a while.

• My Little Pony

I had to laugh when I read that...when I was in x-ray school I lived in a pretty shady part of town. Right across the street from my apartment building was this house full of mexicans. Every (and I mean EVERY) Sunday morning there would be this mexican guy with a bottle sitting in his window frame (that had no window in it) singing along to his "yeh heh heh hyaaaaa..." music he had blaring from his room. Man I hated that! I still get chills when I hear that mariachi music. :lol:

I love Mariachi music, and most Latino music in general.

I know, I saw your posting on the Luis Miguel message boards, you collect rare, and out of print, and obscure Mariachi cd's, I highly admire that, as they are some difficult ones to find.

• My Little Pony

I know, I saw your posting on the Luis Miguel message boards, you collect rare, and out of print, and obscure Mariachi cd's, I highly admire that, as they are some difficult ones to find.

You talk as though you know, but you don't. It's ridiculous!

I hit a huge flea market in Las Vegas one year, you would have been in heaven. They had mariachi cd's for sale up the wazoo. No idea as to the rarity of them, but there were many many many to pick from. I asked one vendor if he had any mexican bands that played hard rock like Motley Crue. He grabs a cd with what looked like the three amigos with trumpets on the cover and says "if you like Motley Crue you will love this!". Needless to say I didn't buy it. :lol:

JW is brilliant but what a dumb thing to say, should I apolgise for liking Journey, is it okay for me to like folker to like Jimmy Spheeris if I just like "super white music for super white people" ? Maybe I should get rid of my Bob Marley box set??? What is "super white music for super white people" then...please define.....stadium rock??? Any band that features only white musicians???? Hmmm no coz Randy Jackson was in the touring line up of Journey for a while??? Does liking Journey make me a super white person... I sure don't feel like one... I guess I'm okay with Foxy Shazam who's T-shirts say "White Music for Black People?" Maybe I should sell all my albums that could be perceived as "super white music" please someone send me a list so I can rid myself of this filth and be politically correct. Music is music and yes some genres appeal to different ethnic groups, different creeds more than other types....but that's sometimes just how it is I doubt Journey have an all white fanbase somehow....just people who like to rock just as N.W.A. don't have an all black fanbase.

Ah well people say the stupidest things at times (I should know)...we all do but most of us unlike JW aren't in the public eye as much...I have to say though I think his Babys and solo output is better than Bad English although I think B.E. were pretty top too.

It is ridiculous, that I have to listen to it every sunday morning, wake me up at 7am, sure as shit, without fail, this morning was no exception, the only thing that does bring me relief is when it snows, then I dont have to listen to it, and im not speaking of Mariachi music, im speaking of the circus sounding shit, I don't have any problem at all with the mariachi shit, it's actually alright, do you know the circus beat im talking about?

I think the thing that bugs me most about this is that it's winter, and I'm still rockin' a pretty awesome tan. And you should see it in summer.

So is Jon actually saying he does not like my tan? That despite the effort the sun and I put into it, I still look super white?

Not cool, Jon. Not... cool.