Pete Lesperance (Harem Scarem) new solo disc

AlphaMale

Pete%2BLesperance%2B%2BFade%2BInto%2BStars.gif

Multi-faceted musician, songwriter & producer, PETE LESPERANCE is best known as guitarist and half of the songwriting force behind international recording group Harem Scarem. Pete's first solo album 'Down In It' was released in 2004 and then re-released as a band album under the monicker Fair Ground two years later (with a slightly different songlist). Now, while producing other bands and contributing to numerous artists as stellar guest, Lesperance releases his 2nd solo "Fade Into Stars".

This is a 'songwriter' melodic album, organic and integral, based of Pete's guitar playing and his sweet and warm vocals. It has his trademark sound on the uptempo tracks, while some acoustic and relaxed tunes showcases the man's more personal side.

Fans waiting for a Harem Scarem reunion (at the moment, disbanded) will be pleased to listen some songs in the vein of the band's last works, and also contibutions by the Harem crew as Creighton Doane (who plays most the drums and percussion), Barry Donaghy and of course Harry Hess, not only singing but also engineering and mastering.

A really enjoyable album with good melodies and impeccable playing.

Production - needless to say - is first rate and fully dynamic.

A prelude to a Harem Scarem comeback?

Hope so.

01 - Say Hello

02 - Save Me

03 - Too High

04 - Be The One

05 - Hollywood

06 - Satellites

07 - 6 Ways (It Could Only Be You)

08 - Love Someone

09 - One Last Time

10 - The Ride

Produced, Recorded and mixed by Pete Lesperance

Additional Engineering & Mastering: Harry Hess

Additional Musicians:

Creighton Doane

Harry Hess

Barry Donaghy

Ray Coburn

Rich McPherson

Kevin Fox

Jeff Dalziel

David Baynes

Tara Lyn Hart

Dean McTaggart

Kim Dove

• My Little Pony

If the boys can hit the studio and jump on his album, why can't they just plug away a few more songs and release a HS album? Bastards. Anyway, this should be good.

Awesome. His "Down In It" disc was epic...

Would love to hear some samples of this one. I do like 'Down on it,' but not as heavily as others. Some killer cuts but probably about as many that hit not the mark. Looking forward to this, though nowhere near as much as the new Hess CD. :)

As much as I'm a Harem Scarem fan, solo releses by Harry and Pete really don't get me that excited, Harry a bit more because he's the voice of HS.

I'd rather hear some new HS material than solo stuff any day.

Pete's solo outing actually blew Harry's away from before so I will be checking this one out.

And one more for the road....HS, please get back together already!!!!

Pete's solo outing actually blew Harry's away from before so I will be checking this one out.

It ain't like down in it

It ain't like down in it

I think it's similar but a little more acoustic based. I like it!

Pete is fantastic...I loved 'Down In It'...can't wait to hear this one.

This is not like "Down In It" at all. From what I've heard anyway. I'm not all that impressed so far.

Pete is fantastic...I loved 'Down In It'...can't wait to hear this one.

This is not like "Down In It" at all. From what I've heard anyway. I'm not all that impressed so far.

I know this will be way too laid back for me so will probably give this a miss.

at a glance, looks like a weak Pete here, not too bad, but just some cliche poppish stuff that probably Kris Allen or any American Idol contestant can just sing with his guitar. Where's that hellish melodic lick, Pete ? :(

but if anyone's throwing this disc for couple of bucks, I'll gladly buy it, I love this guy, oh man who wants to run a petition for a 2013 Harem Scarem reunion ? it's about time i guess

This disc puts me to sleep. Very very boring popish crap. Sorry Pete... this sucks.

You wanted Harem Scarem to end so you could play this crap?? Geesh..... bad bad move.

I would LOVE to see a Harem Scarem resurrection but something tells me it will never ever happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, I like it. Only heard it twice and I'm yet to know the songs real well yet, but despite the first 2 songs being horrible, I actually think the rest of the disc is good mellow rock. Good hooks and good choruses. Yeah, it's no Harem Scarem but there's pretty good songs on 'ere.

Haha, I like it. Only heard it twice and I'm yet to know the songs real well yet, but despite the first 2 songs being horrible, I actually think the rest of the disc is good mellow rock. Good hooks and good choruses. Yeah, it's no Harem Scarem but there's pretty good songs on 'ere.

I like it a lot as well. It's not suppose to sound like Harem Scarem or the band would have put an album out. That's what solo records are for...to express your other musical interests. If it's not your cup of tea, then don't buy it. Simple...

I like it a lot as well. It's not suppose to sound like Harem Scarem or the band would have put an album out. That's what solo records are for...to express your other musical interests. If it's not your cup of tea, then don't buy it. Simple...

I disagree with this statement! Harem Scarem is no longer a band, so this is not really a SOLO cd, the new HESS cd sounds like Harem Scarem. It's more for a band that is still together and one of the members puts out a SOLO cd that sounds like the band he is currently in.

I disagree with this statement! Harem Scarem is no longer a band, so this is not really a SOLO cd, the new HESS cd sounds like Harem Scarem. It's more for a band that is still together and one of the members puts out a SOLO cd that sounds like the band he is currently in.

I guess I consider it a solo album because they have been involved in other bands besides Harem Scarem, and they are using their NAMES for the band name. Hess is going to sound like HS, as did First Signal because he is the voice of HS. Just as Vince Neil Sounds like Motley, or Meniketti sounds like Y&T.

In defence to PL, I dont think this was ever supposed to be a rocking affair. This is a load of mellow tracks he's been working on for ages....remember some of these being on myspace years ago....which have finally made it to album.

He probably wants to try something new (and maybe more personal to him) after all these years of being in HS.

Cant knock him for that, just because it might not be to your taste.

In fairness, I gave this another spin and when in the right mood, I can probably enjoy this disc of mellow stuff. I agree with your assessment Glen. And I also can't knock the man for branching out. Just wish it had a couple of more rocking tunes on it and it didn't deliver. I definitely loved the "Down In It" disc. This was a disappointment but I guess overall the songs aren't that bad.