Destiny - Open Your Eyes

Leykis101

Anybody heard this cd before i drop $40 on it?

• 7 months later...

So nobody knows anything about this band? this album? anything huh? gonna play dumb are you? thats fine, that just means i'll end up searching for a year, dropping a bill or a bill fifty on it, and it will be some german band that will fucking rock, accept that they will have recorded it in their garage on a cassette player, and I will be taught once again, there was a reason nobody knew anything about it. so here goes.

This is about all I could find. Does sound like its pretty rare though.

Released in 1997. Melodic Hard Rock from Germany. Similar to Thunderstorm, Random, & Subway.

This is about all I could find. Does sound like its pretty rare though.

Released in 1997. Melodic Hard Rock from Germany. Similar to Thunderstorm, Random, & Subway.

Thats more then I could find, where did you find this info? pretty odd isnt it? not to many cd's that are from around the same time the internet was already around, that you cant find anything about, or is that not odd? seems odd to me, anybody else have an opinion?

• 6 months later...

MOTHERFUCKER!! I found 3 songs off of this disc, and I wish I wrote some motherfucking German, the 3 songs I found are not! bad, they are well produced, with gigantic huge walls of backing vocals, shredding guitars, and the singer is an excellent singer, I mean he has a tiny little accent, but possess some tremendous pipes, but by the vocals, I am almost curious if they are affiliated or a CCM band? I must find more songs from this disc, I bet they fucking rock, I will produce the 3 I found into Youtube format, so I can put them on here, and let you all hear a band you never heard, I certainly do not hear any of the bands described above for comparison, if anything I almost think they do not sound like anyone Ive heard, not the songs I have, completely sound unique, I mean it is mid to late 90's independent German metal, it has that sound, but not sound of any band.

I haven't heard the music but here's some info:

Martin Lutz - Lead Vocals
Juan Carlos Vaz - Drums, Percussion, Vocals
Jose J. Vaz - Guitars, Vocals
Sven Gallinsky - Keyboards, Vocals
Aleksandra Srbinovic - Bass
Mard Gander - Lead Guitars

Open%20Your%20Eyes.jpg

Tracks:

1. Intro
2. Tales of glory
3. Open your Eyes
4. Gloom of crow
5. Rockn Roll dancer
6. Little Child
7. Since youve been gone
8. Jack is back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWEQVfYtmLE&feature=youtube.

• 2 weeks later...

I got ahold of Mr. Martin Lutz, who is not only sending me a copy of the disc, as well as some stuff that they recorded for a possible 2nd album, but some demo's that his 1st band did, check this out, when he was lead vocalist at the good old age of 11 years old, I cant wait to hear that, I guess the band never meant to be a band, they were just a bunch of friends, who got talked into recording their songs by some fans, they never tried to find a label, never meant to be known outside of Germany, to say he was shocked to hear from an American interested in his CD, was a bit of an understatement, but they just recorded the disc, pressed 1000 of them, and released it by themselves, which explains almost to a Tee the obscurity of the album, when I get it, if anybody is interested I'll be happy to let you check it out, since by the sound of him, if your outside of Germany your probably not going to run into the disc.

I got ahold of Mr. Martin Lutz, who is not only sending me a copy of the disc, as well as some stuff that they recorded for a possible 2nd album, but some demo's that his 1st band did, check this out, when he was lead vocalist at the good old age of 11 years old, I cant wait to hear that, I guess the band never meant to be a band, they were just a bunch of friends, who got talked into recording their songs by some fans, they never tried to find a label, never meant to be known outside of Germany, to say he was shocked to hear from an American interested in his CD, was a bit of an understatement, but they just recorded the disc, pressed 1000 of them, and released it by themselves, which explains almost to a Tee the obscurity of the album, when I get it, if anybody is interested I'll be happy to let you check it out, since by the sound of him, if your outside of Germany your probably not going to run into the disc.

If he has a bunch of copies , he should put them on eBay....

If he has a bunch of copies , he should put them on eBay....

I dont think anybody even knows who they are to be able to hear about them bro, know what I mean? I dont know how many copies he has, all I know is im getting one of them, seeing Ive never even seen a copy of this cd physically, I will be trippin.

You know I will

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got my copy of this CD, and I cannot tell you how fucking much ass it kicks, I mean this is one time I am elated I went out of my way to track a disc down, the band are very technically sound, and Martin Lutz, the bad ass motherfucken vocalist, whom sent me this disc, is a killer vocalist, and with any sort of promotion or even some kind of advertising, this disc has the chops, the production, and the edge to have been picked up on, by many rockers, what really sucks is after hearing it, I want to go play it for everyone, and this is one of the few times, it would almost be moot, because of the incredible rarity of the disc, but you guys are different, you are accustomed to tracking down rare discs, so I don't have to worry about it with you guys, anyways, this is my favorite song, there is a 2:00 minute Intro, then it goes directly into this fucking killer track, I know most of you will tell me how much it sucks, and you hate it, and hate me, and wish I would get naked and lay in a fire ant nest, but I think this mother fucker rocks, and therefore I am posting it here, if you do like it, and are interested in the rest of the disc(and the E.P. he sent me)hit me up, and i'll send you both discs in Mp3 format.