Confess - The Gin Act

Glen

Wowser, guys. Anyone got this or even heard of this band? A new one on me, but man these 4 songs on this EP are just killer.....probably 4 of the best sleaze songs ive heard all year. I need this. Also have an album from 2010....no idea what that's like yet, but check these out -

Sin & Tonic

Divine 69

Delightful Lies

Get Wasted

..........and this one which looks like a cover, still great tho -

here's a song from the debut. Nice

This stuff rocks! The singer's accent is a bit strong and slightly annoying at times, but the tunes are good. Didn't much like 'Delightful Lies', but the others are good. I especially love the first one, great song.

Yeah, i've got both CDs. The 2nd one is definitely better based on the 1 or 2 listens i have had of each. 1st didn't seem as sleazy.

If you like this sorta stuff you really should keep a track of my facebook page "glam_junkies sleaze ball". Had stuff on these guys on there 3-4 times over the past 6 months.

Yeah, i've got both CDs. The 2nd one is definitely better based on the 1 or 2 listens i have had of each. 1st didn't seem as sleazy.

If you like this sorta stuff you really should keep a track of my facebook page "glam_junkies sleaze ball". Had stuff on these guys on there 3-4 times over the past 6 months.

Nice. I might just do that. Cheers

The Gin Act can be order here: http://www.sliptrick...gin-act-maxiep/

For only $5.99 (incl. shipping).

Their cd 'Lights Out' is $9.99 (incl. shipping) in the same store: http://www.sliptrick...g-audio/page/6/

Also to be found here - Scarlet Violet's 'Roll The Dice' ($4.99) and 'Animated Freaks' ($9.99): http://www.sliptrickrecords.com/wordpress/catalog-audio/page/11/

yeah, sliptrick do some nice cheap cds with shipping.

dustineyes and in-vain are also others worth getting if you're placing an orer there.

note, they do some cdrs though. (1 of the confess is cdr, as is in vain, and one of the scarlet violet from memory)

Hey dudes, thanks for the heads up, and thanks for the links, Stefan. But dudes, that site is f*cked. :lol: Do they seriously not have a search function at all? How do I find those other 2 CDs you're talking about, Lindsay? Confess sounds pretty good - not sure I'd rate the as high as the G-Scallop, but they go alright.

You're right Geoff, pretty fucked up with no search function. You see the pagenumbers at the bottom?

You must manually go back and forth through the numbers. That's how I did it. Time consuming yes...

Haha, thanks mate. That's what I feared, I mean thought. Surely that'd be about the first thing you'd add to a site like that, wouldn't it?

You're right Geoff, pretty fucked up with no search function. You see the pagenumbers at the bottom?

You must manually go back and forth through the numbers. That's how I did it. Time consuming yes...

Haha, thanks mate. That's what I feared, I mean thought. Surely that'd be about the first thing you'd add to a site like that, wouldn't it?

If there was only 1 page, I'd see the point. But 12? Bizarre. And crazy.

Just spinning this right now. "The Gin Act" is definitely the better of the 2. It rocks!

BTW Geoff..... G-Scallop?????????? WTF is that?

That, my friend, is the sound of me staying dangerous and mixing it up like a mongrel. Dood, I couldn't find the In-Vain CD on that site at all. The other bands listed here didn't really do anything for me either. Not sure if I still buy Confess or not? Will listen to the tracks above again...

Okay, I just bought the EP. Thanks for the tips everyone, but nothing else was really doing much for me to be honest. ;)

• 3 months later...

News from their site:

'Okay this is the deal. We went into the Soundfraction studio a couple of weeks ago to start the recording of our next EP. Things changed and we decided to record a full lenght album instead. How about that?'

Yes. How about that?