Sturm Und Drang - Molly The Murderer

Stefan

Wow, really great song. I love that. Their debut completely sucked, the 2nd album was a great hard rock disc and this sounds like they've switched up style again, but if all the songs are this good I would eat this CD! :) Looking forward to it.

• 1 month later...

The new cd 'Graduation Day' out Sept. 21.

graduation_day-21239361-frntl.jpg

Tracklisting:

Your Love Is For Sale

Dark Little Angel Of Mine

Molly The Murderer

Lucky

Hammer To Fall

Goddamn Liar

Fatherland

I Hurt Myself

Party Like A Rockstar

Light Years Apart

Video for 'Molly The Murderer':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-GSipfiWJo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest graduationdaysucks

this album completely blows. don't your waste your time. whoever said their debut sucked, is definitely a moron. the first two albums from these guys are fantastic. "the raven" being one of my top favs from their debut, and their second album just every single song was amazing. both albums have power metal/hard-melodic rock/heavy metal influeces as to where this one turns into poppy BS(crap), at least their single defines that. I was expecting at least another heavy/power song, at least ONE, but you get nothing but half assed typical boring hard rock riffs with terrible lyrics. I think the only song i enjoyed on the album was "hammer to fall" and to tell you the truth it might be the heaviest song on this sissy album. if you are expecting heavy/power/hard rock combinations, you will regret you even bought the album. on the other hand, If you are a true fan and support them regardless their change of style/genre then you might enjoy the album. personally, my expectations were too high, it will be hard to listen to this album with what it is now compared to the other two.

this album completely blows. don't your waste your time. whoever said their debut sucked, is definitely a moron. the first two albums from these guys are fantastic. "the raven" being one of my top favs from their debut, and their second album just every single song was amazing. both albums have power metal/hard-melodic rock/heavy metal influeces as to where this one turns into poppy BS(crap), at least their single defines that. I was expecting at least another heavy/power song, at least ONE, but you get nothing but half assed typical boring hard rock riffs with terrible lyrics. I think the only song i enjoyed on the album was "hammer to fall" and to tell you the truth it might be the heaviest song on this sissy album. if you are expecting heavy/power/hard rock combinations, you will regret you even bought the album. on the other hand, If you are a true fan and support them regardless their change of style/genre then you might enjoy the album. personally, my expectations were too high, it will be hard to listen to this album with what it is now compared to the other two.

You're clearly too metal for the album, then. Go and find something really, really heavy and bang your head and rock real hard to it. And make sure you tell everyone you know about how much you love heavy metal, and that you hate stuff that isn't really, really heavy. Stay metal, man.

Kind Regards,

The moron who believes their debut is a towering pile of horseshit ;)

Guest graduationdaysucks

You're clearly too metal for the album, then. Go and find something really, really heavy and bang your head and rock real hard to it. And make sure you tell everyone you know about how much you love heavy metal, and that you hate stuff that isn't really, really heavy. Stay metal, man.

Kind Regards,

the magnificat was a great AOR/Melodic Rock combo from SW, and it's all I know from them hence it's their debut I believe among other great AOR bands like Work of Art and so fourth.You're ignorant for assuming all I listen to is Metal. If you look back and SoD's music it's a drastic change. You have no reason on how or why their debut sucks either, so I wouldn't talk. At least come up with some real reasons before you go off. Don't be upset if you took "moron" so serriously dude, at the same time it was a genrally spoken statement, not aimed at towards you, but I guess you wanted it that way. The point is, Graduation Day sucks and there's nothing you can do about it but to listen to it as much as you want.

Cheers

Kind Regards,

the magnificat was a great AOR/Melodic Rock combo from SW, and it's all I know from them hence it's their debut I believe among other great AOR bands like Work of Art and so fourth.You're ignorant for assuming all I listen to is Metal. If you look back and SoD's music it's a drastic change. You have no reason on how or why their debut sucks either, so I wouldn't talk. At least come up with some real reasons before you go off. Don't be upset if you took "moron" so serriously dude, at the same time it was a genrally spoken statement, not aimed at towards you, but I guess you wanted it that way. The point is, Graduation Day sucks and there's nothing you can do about it but to listen to it as much as you want.

Cheers

I truly have no idea what you're talking about in that first line about The Magnificent. I don't know what SW is and if you're talking about the band named The Magnificent, or are you saying the Sturm and Drang debut is magnificent? Sorry... whatever it is you said, it's totally lost on me.

If I'm ignorant for assuming all you listen to is metal are you not ignorant for thinking that someone who doesn't like their debut is a moron?

If you want to find reasons for why I dislike the debut, go dig up some old threads or read the main pages and my awesome comment:

Pretty average "nordic" sounding rock/metal. I really didn't like anything about this at all. Avoid this, get the next one.

Honestly, it's been more than 3 years since I last heard this CD. I hated it and therefore would never listen to it again. Why would I keep a detailed thesis on why it was shit to tell someone about it in great detail in 2012? Based on that comment I'd say it was some stupid, irritating chanty viking type of music.

If I took the moron comment too seriously did you not take the metal comment a little too seriously? I guess if it wasn't aimed at me it was at all the other guys here who said they think the debut is shit? ;)

Graduation day was awesome because it was the last time I saw a heap of people I hated. Embrace the future and stop living in the past, man.

Peace out.

Guest graduationdaysucks

Kind Regards,

Cheers

I truly have no idea what you're talking about in that first line about The Magnificent. I don't know what SW is and if you're talking about the band named The Magnificent, or are you saying the Sturm and Drang debut is magnificent? Sorry... whatever it is you said, it's totally lost on me.

If I'm ignorant for assuming all you listen to is metal are you not ignorant for thinking that someone who doesn't like their debut is a moron?

If you want to find reasons for why I dislike the debut, go dig up some old threads or read the main pages and my awesome comment:

Pretty average "nordic" sounding rock/metal. I really didn't like anything about this at all. Avoid this, get the next one.

Honestly, it's been more than 3 years since I last heard this CD. I hated it and therefore would never listen to it again. Why would I keep a detailed thesis on why it was shit to tell someone about it in great detail in 2012? Based on that comment I'd say it was some stupid, irritating chanty viking type of music.

If I took the moron comment too seriously did you not take the metal comment a little too seriously? I guess if it wasn't aimed at me it was at all the other guys here who said they think the debut is shit? ;)

Graduation day was awesome because it was the last time I saw a heap of people I hated. Embrace the future and stop living in the past, man.

Peace out.

The Magnificat is a band from SW(Sweden), can be compared to new SoD I GUESS. What's funny is, you are the one who got offended(I don't blame you, someone has to be a moron) which explains why you replied to my comment here. The nice guy I' am, I want to give you feedback. As much as I disagree with you, and as much as I dislike Graduation Day, I at least admitted to liking one song from the album. Even though I bashed or keep bashing this album, it won't change my mind either. I think it's impossible to hate on a debut of a band in which I just can't understand about you, bands have their signature style then and evolve, and hopefully don't evolve into shit like their new album did. This is going to go on forever dude, I'm just going to with their debut sucks and Graduation Day sucks because at least we agree that Rock N' Roll Children was great.

Kind Regards,

Cheers

Peace out.

The Magnificat is a band from SW(Sweden), can be compared to new SoD I GUESS. What's funny is, you are the one who got offended(I don't blame you, someone has to be a moron) which explains why you replied to my comment here. The nice guy I' am, I want to give you feedback. As much as I disagree with you, and as much as I dislike Graduation Day, I at least admitted to liking one song from the album. Even though I bashed or keep bashing this album, it won't change my mind either. I think it's impossible to hate on a debut of a band in which I just can't understand about you, bands have their signature style then and evolve, and hopefully don't evolve into shit like their new album did. This is going to go on forever dude, I'm just going to with their debut sucks and Graduation Day sucks because at least we agree that Rock N' Roll Children was great.

'Rock N' Roll Children' is indeed a great album.

And for the record, you couldn't offend me with a pole through the centre of my skull.

If this new CD really sounds like that The Magnificent CD then it should be pretty great - that's a very impressive album. I do like the single above a lot, so I'm hopeful it'll be a good album.

You are all idiots if you think the 2 first releases are any better than the latest! Yeah, you heard me...I D I O T S ! The new one rules, the other ones sucks big time! :angry:

:whistle:

Guys, do you think I can get a reaction from the moron?

(No not you Geoff... ;) )

Gotta love Finland, not only did they bless us with Temu Selanne but much of their music is so awesome. They have cornered the market on depressing/moody/gothic yet very melodic rock. Here is another band that seems pretty coll Poets For The Fall. I'd compare them to HIM, but the vocalist here is WAY better. Chilling and blissfully moody.

A short list of Finnish bands I have in my collection: Brother Firetribe, Entwine, Sentenced, HIM, Soulrelic, Charon, Lovex, Leverage and Reckless Love...damn I love Finland!

Unfortunately I have no Poets For The Fall, love to get their best of, but Finnish cd's aren't found here in Canada.

BTW, this video is visually stunning.

[media=]

[/media]

Here are a few another great tracks

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

Gotta love Finland, not only did they bless us with Temu Selanne but much of their music is so awesome. They have cornered the market on depressing/moody/gothic yet very melodic rock. Here is another band that seems pretty coll Poets For The Fall. I'd compare them to HIM, but the vocalist here is WAY better. Chilling and blissfully moody.

A short list of Finnish bands I have in my collection: Brother Firetribe, Entwine, Sentenced, HIM, Soulrelic, Charon, Lovex, Leverage and Reckless Love...damn I love Finland!

Unfortunately I have no Poets For The Fall, love to get their best of, but Finnish cd's aren't found here in Canada.

BTW, this video is visually stunning.

[media=]

[/media]

Here are a few another great tracks

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

I made a thread 'bout these guys. It bombed...

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=26878&&do=findComment&comment=603960