Papa Roach - The Connection (new album)

Glen

Definately looking forward to this one!

I still think 3 out of the 5 studio tracks on 'Time for Annihilation' are the best they've ever written and I hope they manage to continue in the same spirit.

Papa Roach to me are one of the prime examples how rock-music re-evolved back to a more melodic (some might call it 80s-) approach over the last couple of years. Loathed this band when they got big with 'Last Resort' and that stupid rap-thing, but since 'Paramour Sessions' I dig this band a lot!

Wow, that song sounds HUGE! I wasn't expecting this album, but hopefully this is a release to breath a bit of life into a pretty quiet year for modern rock. The chorus and backing vocals on this song just sound massive. Honestly can't want to hear this one.

This band has been knocking it outta the park on the last few albums, so I'm stoked to hear this newie. That first single sounds totally kickass!

What a GREAT tune........really love these guys!

Man, I WAS excited about this. Not now...this song is bland, boring and I f*cking hated them on their first album with the rap vox. Seems like it's back again...I sure hope not. If the album is like this song I won't spend a penny on it.

Man, I WAS excited about this. Not now...this song is bland, boring and I f*cking hated them on their first album with the rap vox. Seems like it's back again...I sure hope not. If the album is like this song I won't spend a penny on it.

Not heard it yet, but oh dear :-(

The so called rapping is at a minimum and actually fits the song perfectly. This is a great anthem and I'm sure will please many...don't worry Glen, I'm sure you'll love it.

Not heard it yet, but oh dear :-(

In my opinion, this would have been the worse song on the last album.

This song rawks.........Papa Roach has put out at least three or four stellar discs, and I don't think this one will disappoint!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Oh, my, that sounds absolutely delicious. Judging solely from those samples, this could turn out to be the modern hard rock album of the year for me. October 2 suddenly seems so far away...

• 1 month later...

So what do you think about this album guys?

Personally, I like it a lot and there are some terrific songs on "The Connection" e.g 'Still Swingin', 'Where did the Angels go', 'Breathe you in' or 'Leader of the broken Hearts'. But I think the production is much muddier/weaker than on the 5 new songs off 'Time for Annihilation' and the rap-part in 'Won't let up' is completely unnessecary and kinda spoils an otherwise great track.

So what do you think about this album guys?

Personally, I like it a lot and there are some terrific songs on "The Connection" e.g 'Still Swingin', 'Where did the Angels go', 'Breathe you in' or 'Leader of the broken Hearts'. But I think the production is much muddier/weaker than on the 5 new songs off 'Time for Annihilation' and the rap-part in 'Won't let up' is completely unnessecary and kinda spoils an otherwise great track.

IMO 'Still Swingin' is probably the weakest track on offer.

Really good album, but a way off Paramour Sessions.

Still an excellent band though who rarely put a foot wrong.

Doods, haven't had a moment to even consider this yet. There's probably about 20 new albums I'm really dying to hear that I really need to do something about - this being pretty much the top of the list.

• 3 weeks later...

Somehow assembled all kinda bonus-tracks via Youtube and hell do I get a very nice Hardcore Superstar-feel of '9th life' - great song! Also liking 'You gotta want it' a lot.

And after listening to this disc a lot in the car lately, I think it's their best effort yet or at least on par with 'Paramour Sessions' and 'Time for Annihilation'.

Absolute killer disc. I agree this is not far off 'Paramour Sessions' at all. Love most the songs on this one, but 'Leader of the broken hearts' is probably my fave - killer melodic rock. But yeah, this is certainly a little more memorable overall than the last disc. This'll rate high for me this year for sure.