Eclipse - Bleed & Scream

Glen

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard both... very nice indeed. Sounds like this is going to be a really good hard rocking disc. The solo in 'Come hell or high water' is pretty insane.

Just heard both... very nice indeed. Sounds like this is going to be a really good hard rocking disc. The solo in 'Come hell or high water' is pretty insane.

This one's sounding better and better. When's it out?

Where are we hearing these bonus tracks?

Had some spare time last night (the wife was watching the news; I don’t need any more depression in my life, so I don’t watch it!) and listened to the 90 second samples on iTunes of each of the songs on the album. The samples are long enough to give an impression of most songs, unlike the 30-second samples they used to have, which could make pretty much any song sound good. There were a couple of songs that I found a bit “meh”, didn’t do much for me, so I haven’t commented on them, but as for the others:

Wake Me Up really average opener, this is what put me off the album at first. Surprised that this is the first track as for me it is one of the weakest.

Title track very good song, not sure if it’s a killer, but it might be with a few more listens.

Ain't Dead Yet good song, not great

Falling Down excellent song, probably the best one here for me, great chorus

Bitter Taste typical ‘soft for a while, then gets heavy’ track, sounds quite good but hard to tell from the sample as we only get a tiny bit of the rockier part of the song

SOS really nice, great song

Take Back The Fear fast, hard rocking track, but really really bland; not impressed

About To Break better than average for a ballad; I didn’t mind this and I don't usually like ballads

After The End Of The World pretty heavy tune; sounds good with a nice chorus

At first I thought this was going to be a bit average, but after a while I changed my mind. I think this is probably an essential purchase and for me it’s going to be much better than the H.E.A.T. CD.

I just hope the drums sound heavy on the CD. The last one was a good ballsy hard rock CD but they drums didn't give it the beef it deserves. Hoping this new one kicks my ass.

I just hope the drums sound heavy on the CD. The last one was a good ballsy hard rock CD but they drums didn't give it the beef it deserves. Hoping this new one kicks my ass.

you and your drums lol!! You critised the drum sound on the new Crazy Lixx album and imo a drum never sounded better....hard mofo to please ;-)

Neither of the bonus tracks match the quality of the album tracks. The best is definitely still to come!

The 2 bonus tracks sound freakin awesome to me and easily as good as Bleed and Scream (the song)

you and your drums lol!! You critised the drum sound on the new Crazy Lixx album and imo a drum never sounded better....hard mofo to please ;-)

Haha... yeah, I'm a creep but it's always been about the drums for me. I was listening to Friction's 'Baby Talk' today and that CD starts out with the vocals so low in the mix you can barely hear them, but for an indie, those guys nailed the drum sound. Yeah, I dunno what it is. Some folk like specific creepy things, and drums has always been what can make or ruin an album for me. And I still think the drum sound on the new Crazy Lixx CD is terrible. ;) Sounds killer on 'New Religion,' though.

I'm easy enough to please... I just like a solid, beefy sound. Not a thin 'Riot Avenue' sound. ;)

Haha... yeah, I'm a creep but it's always been about the drums for me. I was listening to Friction's 'Baby Talk' today and that CD starts out with the vocals so low in the mix you can barely hear them, but for an indie, those guys nailed the drum sound. Yeah, I dunno what it is. Some folk like specific creepy things, and drums has always been what can make or ruin an album for me. And I still think the drum sound on the new Crazy Lixx CD is terrible. ;) Sounds killer on 'New Religion,' though.

I'm easy enough to please... I just like a solid, beefy sound. Not a thin 'Riot Avenue' sound. ;)

thin? Id check yr stereo mate. Big beefy drum sound from my disc, even in my car. If anything the New Religion is slightly spoiled by over bright symbol sound ;-)

thin? Id check yr stereo mate. Big beefy drum sound from my disc, even in my car. If anything the New Religion is slightly spoiled by over bright symbol sound ;-)

Haha, tried all my stereos mate... just hoping something would change. It's okay... just not great. Like I said in the thread... just no meat to it. No bollocks, as you creeps would say. ;)

Haha, tried all my stereos mate... just hoping something would change. It's okay... just not great. Like I said in the thread... just no meat to it. No bollocks, as you creeps would say. ;)

to each their own, all I would say is that this is the best sounding disc (production wise) that Ive played in my car since ive owned it - about 3 years.

to each their own, all I would say is that this is the best sounding disc (production wise) that Ive played in my car since ive owned it - about 3 years.

Either you're insane, my good man, or the Crazy Lixx CD is the first and only CD you've played in your car in the 3 years you've owned your car! ;)

Let me just put this out there - have you played the new HEAT or Destine albums in your car? Crazy Lixx is, uh *cough* *splutter* jism spurt* more well produced than these two for instance?

My buddy Glen's gone insane. ;)

Ha ha.....maybe I am insane but I just love the sound of that disc - huge bass and drum imo. When some songs slow down for those acousticy bits it sounds sublime.

• 2 weeks later...

My first spin through and so far so good.

"So good" or "sooooooooooo good"? ;)

Still need persuading to get this one, although this review is pushing me towards it:

http://www.hallowed.se/english/music/reviews/2012/eclipse-bleed_and_scream.html

I agree with the comment about the album cover as well, pretty corny and unimaginative.

This review is even more enthusiastic:

http://www.rocktopia.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=910:cd-reviews&id=2545:eclipse-bleed-and-scream&Itemid=121

This one is pretty much a monster...

I have to agree....

Based on two spins actually yesterday, I think it's around 87% for me and got rounded up to a solid 90%. Still not sure whether this one's really better than the last one, but probably as good as it is, or maybe better after more than five spins later. This has a balance combination of crashing drums a la Erik Martensson, melodic metal that reminds me of EDGUY maybe, some are even bordering power metal maybe, the drum is speeding up the highway, and the classic melodic hard rock edge.

oh and the second ballad here is pretty sweet too, 'About To Break' if I'm not mistaken. The first one, 'Bitter Taste' is a bit inferior, although still a great song. 'Ain't Dead Yet' reminds me of the heavy metal era of EUROPE, a fantastic track! 'Take Back The Fear' is a monster with a very fast-paced rhythm. A pleasant release!