Kiss - Monster (2012)

T-BONE

Title changed to review the entire CD

Already gone!

Found it on youtube, sounds AWESOME!

Mullet, check it out here... for however long it lasts

http://youtu.be/JSNJHDWllD0

Catchy track that stayed in my head after hearing it. Reminds of their mid-80's sound. Looking forward to this album big time!

I'm likin' the new track... maybe it's just me but I get some of the heavier REVENGE vibe from it... if the rest of the record sounds like this then I'll be a happy camper.

They just announced the release date for the album today, by the way... Oct. 15th internationally, Oct. 16th for the U.S.

And just to stoke the fires of hype a little more, KISS unveiled their ridiculously expensive new coffee-table volume, the KISS Monster Book, in London today.

The price of this limited edition collectible? $4,250. That's not a typo, folks. FOUR THOUSAND, TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS. Uhhhh, yeah, I think I'll pass. Damn, and I thought the $158.95 price tag for the KISSTORY book was a ripoff back in the 90s!!

Press conference footage:

(Random observation: Why did the media even bother putting microphones in front of Singer and Thayer during this press conference? Did they really expect either of them to have anything to say?)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Footstomp

Im very excitet. I think Sonic Boom is a great album. And the new song sounds great, to say the least. I think it mixes the styles from both 70's, 80's and also adds some thing new.

• 3 months later...

Looks like no thread for 'Monster' so I'll just pump this oldie up.

'Hell Or Hallelujah' is a monster song, definitely one the best on this album, I love every single minute of this track, but then lots of people has said that 'Monster' is a very strong album and much better than 'Sonic Boom', well I kinda disagree with that. I think 'Sonic' is a good album and 'Monster' is just as good as it is. Both though not really great because there are many average tracks for me (on the new one) such as 'Back To The Stone Age', 'Shout Mercy', 'This Devil Is Me', or 'Last Chance'.

But beside the leading single, I love 'Eat Your Heart Out', 'All For The Love of Rock N Roll' (now this one is the best for me!), and 'Take Me Down Below'. I'm wishing the newie can be a big contender for 'Crazy Nights' or 'Revenge' but looks like it stayed a dream.

I'm sorry, isn't there a jerking off emoticon somewhere on here? if you could point me in the right direction I sure would be appreciative. Thank You.

But beside the leading single, I love 'Eat Your Heart Out', 'All For The Love of Rock N Roll' (now this one is the best for me!), and 'Take Me Down Below'. I'm wishing the newie can be a big contender for 'Crazy Nights' or 'Revenge' but looks like it stayed a dream.

I totally agree, for me those 4 tracks are the best songs of the album. The rest of them are pretty average, but "Monster" is overall a good album.

I'm diggin' "Monster" but then as most of you know I'm a KISS fanboy. If you're not as fanatical as me, your mileage may vary.

Fave tracks for me are "Freak" and especially "Wall of Sound" - that thing slams!!

Hell or alleluja is a very good track (It reminds me I stole you love).

The rest of the album don't do much for my taste.

I miss a ballad . Listen to the whole thing bore me a little.

Paul Stanley should sing more song, at least 8 on 12.

:taz:

I have my Japanese copy but its a first pressing so I don't want to break the seal (silly, I know). I will probably buy a domestic version as well based on everyone's comments.