Candlemass - Psalms For The Dead

JamesEagle

I've read some reviews of this one, listened to a few tracks and it sounds great. I usually find their albums have a few good songs on and a few fillers, so I'm reluctant to buy, but this seems particularly good. The guitar solos especially sound fantastic. I haven't seen any mention of it on here yet, so I was just wondering if anyone has the album and could share their thoughts on it?

I Like Candlemass too, though I don;t own nay of their albums as of yet... I first heard the song "Black Dwarf a few years ago and LOVED it!! Since then I have youtubed a bunch of their stuff and found I prefer Messiah Marcolin to the other singer(s) They have had.. Songs like "Bewitched" :Mirror Mirror" And "Solitude" Are excellent Doom Metal!!!

Oh and I Heard a few songs off the new album?? sounds pretty good actually.... :beerbang:

I Like Candlemass too, though I don;t own nay of their albums as of yet... I first heard the song "Black Dwarf a few years ago and LOVED it!! Since then I have youtubed a bunch of their stuff and found I prefer Messiah Marcolin to the other singer(s) They have had.. Songs like "Bewitched" :Mirror Mirror" And "Solitude" Are excellent Doom Metal!!!

Oh and I Heard a few songs off the new album?? sounds pretty good actually.... :beerbang:

Yeah, Messiah Marcolin is my favourite ever doom metal vocalist ... shame that Leif Edling seems unable to tolerate him.

I've finally managed to seek out a few songs from this album ... I hate you, JamesEagle, it rocks like a bastard ... *adds another title to the ever-growing 'must have' list* ...

I've finally managed to seek out a few songs from this album ... I hate you, JamesEagle, it rocks like a bastard ... *adds another title to the ever-growing 'must have' list* ...

Mwaa ha haaaa! :devil:

You know it makes sense.

(And you love me really.)

BTW, don't know how long it will last, but some kind soul has put the whole album on Youtube, just in case you wanted to make sure before buying it. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1jq0Dto4HE