HESS - Living In Yesterday

zacharyamelie

A new solo release from HARRY HESS the former vocalist/writer of Harem Scarem is coming in late August. The new one is called Living In Yesterday, don't get too excited with the title, it isn't a throw back to the first HS release in 1991, it's modern yet still very melodic...typical Harry Hess.

Loved him in HS and his last project First Signal, however I wasn't a big fan of his first solo output...released many moons ago. Like his solo debut this one sounds a bit soft, but let's hope the samples are only samples and not representative of the entire release. I like mid tempo tracks, just not an entire album full of them.

Here's hoping for another splendid release from my fellow countryman.

http://www.frontiers.it/news/10561/

The song (Living in yesterday) is sounding really good!

The song (Living in yesterday) is sounding really good!

The song 'Living In Yesterday' is sounding like the Eric Martin classic 'Letting It Out' to me.

All 4 are sounding very nice though - looking forward to this

I really don't like the chorus of the title track, and it sounds painfully familiar too. But the other 3 songs are utterly superb. Real pure-sounding honest Harry Hess songs. They sound like his song-writing too - is he actually involved this time? I really like how this is shaping up.

Here's Andrew's take:

The new Harry Hess solo record is a different beast to that of the debut Hess album Just Another Day. It is a harder hitting record and driven more so by electric guitar than the largely acoustic driven debut. It retains that same Harry Hess/Harem sound we all love and while it is still very much a modern melodic rock album, it still should hold a lot of appeal for old school fans.

The album features a fairly consistent mid-tempo feel with several typically "Hess melancholy" ballads and mid-tempo moody rockers. Basically, any fan of Harem Scarem's Hope, Higher, Human Nature, the debut Hess and the First Signal album will love this. 10 tracks and just under 40 minutes of music - there's no filler in sight.

Highlights: Rockers - Living In Yesterday; Nothing Lasts Forever. Ballads: It's Over, Nowhere To Run.

just checked out the samples yesterday, well i like all four tracks and i do think they're great, quite similar to Human Nature style ? well lookin' forward to listening to the whole album