Star City Meltdown - new single

Glen

That sounds utterly essentially awesome. I must confess I've never even heard the band name at all until this thread. I am very interested now, though.

• 4 months later...

As I mentioned in another thread, I re-heard this yesterday and instantly picked up the dude's voice from No Love Lost, and am surprised I missed it above. Am I correct to assume that 'Music=War' is another dreaded digital only release? If it's not, I cannot see a trace on the internet where someone can buy the CD.

After listening to the album tonight and today I am quite taken. It's heavier than NLL, that's for sure. More "rocking" too, with not as many balladic tracks. I think all the songs are really quite good but the album probably could use a few more penis enhancers like 'Here's to us,' 'Spotlights and blue lights' and the killer ballad 'Untied.'

Anyway, like I said elsewhere, just stoked to hear the guy back as I love his voice and passionate delivery, as well as his ear for a big hook. This album will grow well on me I dare say.

Here's to Us is one of my favorite songs this year. If it's a digital release, I'll likely cherrypick my faves at Itunes. Hopefully a physical release is in the works though.

Never heard No Love Lost. I'll have to check them out.

Yes, you must. They released a digital only album in 2009 - self titled. Let me know if you struggle to find it and I'll aim to send a link your way.

• 3 months later...

Well doods, just want to put it out there not to buy a copy of this CD® from Amazon. It's just a CDR with super basic artwork on the CDR and the inserts. Honestly, if you download the songs you could make much better artwork than what they sell you here. No band members listed, or who produced it. No details at all except the band and album name, and song titles.

I don't really care because I kinda really love this album and it' nice to have something semi official in the collection, but I wouldn't advise others to follow my lead.

• 4 years later...

I missed this completely. Just saw this thread yesterday. Their latest release 'Music=War' sounds pretty sweet.

FB

SSM-album-cover.jpg

Tracks:

1. Dying To Live (5:52)
2. Say What You Want (3:24)
3. Here's To Us! (4:07)
4. Spotlights & Blue Lights (3:24)
5. Untied (3:38)
6. The Last Time (3:31)
7. Whitetrashsuperstars (4:14)
8. Ready Or Not (3:26)
9. Legend (3:18)
10. Not So Lonely (4:03)
11. Backfire (3:32)
12. Here's To Us! (Radio Edit) (3:35)

"Pretty sweet?" Some of it was utter perfection! ;) 'Here's to us' being part of this sheer perfection.

'Untied' is a stunning ballad too.

Here's to Us is one of my favorite songs this year. If it's a digital release, I'll likely cherrypick my faves at Itunes. Hopefully a physical release is in the works though.

Never heard No Love Lost. I'll have to check them out.

Yes, you must. They released a digital only album in 2009 - self titled. Let me know if you struggle to find it and I'll aim to send a link your way.

But now if someone could send me that same link I will hug your face. I lost this album and desperately want it back. :)