Euro 2012

Wotty

I thought England were pathetic last night. Played quite well first half, but just didn't turn up for the second half or extra time. It was like we gave up after 45 minutes. I'd love to know what Hodgson said at half time as it must have been the worst motivational speech of all time!

To be more positive, Italy played well and created enough chances to have scored 8 or 9 goals. Justice was done in the penalty shoot out; it would have been a travesty if England had won. I can't believe I'm saying it, but for me John Terry was our player of the tournament. And Ashley Young should never be allowed near an England shirt again.

Hope Italy can give the Germans a game in the semi.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I'm saying it, but for me John Terry was our player of the tournament.

Absolutely, I have to agree. He was the best player on the English side, and hardly any foul. Without him it would have been an even bigger disaster.

I can't believe I'm saying it, but for me John Terry was our player of the tournament.

Absolutely, I have to agree. He was the best player on the English side, and hardly any foul. Without him it would have been an even bigger disaster.

I have to just add that Milner should never be allowed near an England shirt as well.

What a waste of space he is.....cant believe that not one commentator or pundit slagged him off - for me he was one of the most ineffective players in all 4 games.

He must have photos of Hodgsen or something for him to keep playing him ???????!

I have to just add that Milner should never be allowed near an England shirt as well.

What a waste of space he is.....cant believe that not one commentator or pundit slagged him off - for me he was one of the most ineffective players in all 4 games.

He must have photos of Hodgsen or something for him to keep playing him ???????!

I agree about Milner for the first 3 games, but I thought he actually played much better last night. He got back and did some defending, which is why he was in there ahead of more attack-minded players. He was completely missing for the group games though, as was Young, who for me was the worst player on the pitch last night. Young gave the ball away almost every time he had possession. No surprise after the tournament he's had that he missed his penalty.

Rooney was another waste of a player, he has looked awful in both of his games. The Italian defenders must have loved playing against him. I thought before the game that Carroll should have started and they struggled against him when he came on. Sadly, we didn't provide any crosses for him to really test them.

Good luck to Italy, although I think Germany ought to win as they look a class above everyone.

Agree with the comments above, England played as well or as poorly as I thought they would, they have no flair, what they need is a playmaker like most good teams have!

Ashley Young was a huge disappointment, Welbeck was also, agreed that John Terry was the one of the better/best England players.

Last night was rubbish, Italy were the better team but their finishing left a lot to be desired.

Today's S/F.......

Germany v Italy.........

GO, Germany !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's S/F.......

Portugal v Spain.

Was 0-0,but Spain won on penalties..

Portugal deserved to win that match.

Spain were excellent in extra time when Portugal ran out of legs, but were really pushed in normal time & didnt look comfortable at all - playing long balls under pressure etc.

If Germany can get past Italy (which I think they will), Spain are there for the taking.

Germany 1:2 Italy

Wow... did not see that coming. Balotelli was a beast today and really exploited the German back line in the first half.

So, it's Spain v Italy in the final; who's everyone got?

I guess I'll stick with Spain

Germany 1:2 Italy

Wow... did not see that coming. Balotelli was a beast today and really exploited the German back line in the first half.

Yes, disappointing. Two serious errors in the back and no luck in front. But Italy played well and some rather attractive football, I must admit. It seems we just can't beat them. :(

Disappointing. Germany should have won with the team they have. I hope Spain win now, as I hate Balotelli so much!

Today's the final............

Italy v Spain.

Wow ! 0:4 for Spain ! What a great game and performance ! Congrats, Spain !!

They are an incredible side. I thought Germany would take over as the best in Europe at this tournament, but Spain are such a class act. One of the best teams of all time, a pleasure to watch (except for the play acting, I wish FIFA would actually try to get that out of the modern game).

Yeah Spain really upped their game - game was over when Italy went down to 10 men - but they never really looked like having the class to win the game.

The likes of Englang are so many light years behind this standard it is quite depressing :-(

Well,congrats to Spain who,with their passing/running off the ball dominance,deserved all the accolades but...............If Italy had've scored in the first few minutes of the 2nd half,like they should've,it may have been different...........

Totally dominating, but I guess using up all 3 subs with a risk of having one player injured isn't the best move though.

Sorry for Italy but still love Buffon's performance and I think he's the reason that Germany was defeated earlier. Hopefully Buffon still have one last game defending Italy at the World Cup later