Eurovision 2012

melodicrockoz

Yes, I did watch the second half of it. After I saw them on YouTube I couldn't believe that the russian teethless grandma's actually became second. What a joke compared to some other performances ! But then the whole contest is becoming more and more a joke each year. All these eastern european countries giving the max points to each other, leading to 10 of them ending up in the top 15. Serbia, Albania and Aserbaidschan in the top 5 ! Honestly .... !! But congrats to Sweden for their victory. Not a bad performance, but quite formulaic, imo. I actually gave my vote to the Spanish lady. Wow, what a tremendous voice !! And shame about Engelbert Humperdinck. He had way too many face liftings in the past, but the second last place is quite harsh.

We finally won. Thomas Gson is one of the biggest song writers for the swedish part of the contest. He usually have a large amount of songs in the Swedish qualifying year after year. He also wrote Dynaztys song this year. I also think he wrote the Spaninsh song as well this year.

Loreen Has a fantstic voice.

I'm 100 % backing you about the voting. It has become more and more of a joke the since all the eastern countries joined the competition. I honestly thought that SWeden would never win again.

Just don't get me wrong. I have absolutely nothing against the eastern european countries being part of Eurovision. They all belong to Europe and have a right to be there. But they should be more fair towards other countries, whose contestants are clearly much better. They should stop to be so damn nationalistic about it. It's all about honouring the music and not the national pride.

I had this feeling Loreen could possibly make it and she's well worth it but I thought the russian grannies would win.

It seems Gson is everywhere these days, the old AORster.

but I thought the russian grannies would win.

Now why on earth did you think that ?? :yikes:

Hi Bernd! I heard they were favourites too and anything can happen, you never know with that competition. Horrible thought!

Horrible thought!

No worries Bernd. I don't have anything against the eastern countries either, just their voting is disturbing, especially since there are so many countries.

Absolutely backed both times !

Except on a new Masquerade CD! Get him on there! ;)

Yes, that would have been nice! Guess the songwriting's his priority now.

Gson's oute re a masquerade cd in the vein of teh debut is that it sold 10000 whilst the follow up sold 25000 & therfore he's more inclined to do metal than melodic rock. Now that Pop' bring in the big loads of cash I doubt we'll ever see Masquerade pop up on the release sheet anywhere with Gson.