Queensryche... the end is near.

whiplash1972

The rest of the band had to know that Geoff was killing the band with his "vision". Nothing they have released since "Empire" has been worth a shit. I hope the new guy can breathe some life into a once great band. Geoff does make a good point about writing 90% of their songs. How will the band create new music without him? It should be interesting.

I wonder what will happen if Geoff wins the court case involving the name. Do they switch back to the Rising West name?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2023 Gold Donors

Im getting sick and tired of the musical chairs with singers these days.Rarely does it ever work,it can but it usually doesn't.Haven't listened to these guys in years and doubt ill start again anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Mucho developments in the QR camp this week... they've taken their fight to the courts....

Lengthy statement from Scott Rockenfield about the Tate mess:

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176573

Highlights of the legal documents filed in Washington State superior court by the band:

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176576

All I can say is "Geeez." If even HALF of the stuff the band is saying about Tate is true, then I wonder why they didn't get rid of his pompous ass years ago.

After the comments from Wilton, Rockenfield, Jackson and even Lundgren says to me that they aren't full of crap and that Geoff Tate is one crazy mofo. This behaviour even seemed to go back to when Degarmo was in the band and is probably the reason he left. I hope they get the rights to the name and can make a good album with Todd.

I tried to listen to "Promised Land" last night and much like this current situation, it's just.......not good.

Me too man. I even tried to listen to "Now In The New Frontier" and I thought I was going to puke. Even "Operation:Mindcrime 2" sucks balls.

I tried to listen to "Promised Land" last night and much like this current situation, it's just.......not good.

Me too man. I even tried to listen to "Now In The New Frontier" and I thought I was going to puke. Even "Operation:Mindcrime 2" sucks balls.

I somewhat disagree, I like about 4 songs on Promised Land That make it on a Queensryche compilation.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, this floated under the radar. Geoff Tate lost in court:

On Friday, July 13, 2012, a court defeated singer Geoff Tate's motion for a preliminary injunction that would have kept Michael Wilton, Scott Rockenfield & Eddie Jackson from touring and operating under the name Queensrÿche.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/queensryche-keep-their-name/

Queensryche will be allowed to perform using the band name with new singer Todd La Torre, a court has ruled.

Sacked singer Geoff Tate’s attempt to have the title taken off them failed in a preliminary court hearing – although the decision could be overturned in later action.

The two parties have been locked in a bitter paperwork feud since Michael Wilton, Scott Rockenfield and Eddie Jackson decided to kick Tate out last month.

Responding to the King County Superior Court judgement in Washington, the band’s management said: “We are excited that the courts saw what we and the fans have always known: that Queensryche is more than any one member. We are sorry we had to go to court to show this.

“But we are determined to bring back the quality product Queensryche was known for.”

Arguments centred round perceived damage to the brand associated with the band name, with Tate and his former colleagues both arguing the other party had devalued the business more than they had.

In a court testimony revealed by Blabbermouth, former manager Lars Sorensen says the singer moved away from the outfit’s core values.

“The brand had been damaged severely,” he argues. “The band had been been marketed poorly, overplayed various markets, produced bad records and offered live performances and tour productions that were not in the image of the band. There was little value in buying a band that was no longer true to itself.

“Queensryche is a very good band with a strong sales history. Unfortunarely this has been in a steep decline for years now. Something had to be done. To sustain a career after your peak you need to give the fans what they want. Queensryche was no longer doing this.”

Meanwhile, former guitarist Mike Stone has branded the public drama “unfortunate.” He tells Rockin’ Metal Revival: “It makes me a little sad. When I think of Queensryche I think of all the guys. When I was in the band no one was fighting with each other like that. I hope they can work it out and I wish them all the best.”

Yeah, they've already played their first show as "Queensryche" with the new guy, and a new official web site is in the works.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when they record a new disc. I bet it'll be similar to when Judas Priest released Jugulator w/Ripper Owens - there'll be a brief surge in interest due to the curiosity factor, but afterwards it'll be "ehhh, whatever."

Yeah, they've already played their first show as "Queensryche" with the new guy, and a new official web site is in the works.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when they record a new disc. I bet it'll be similar to when Judas Priest released Jugulator w/Ripper Owens - there'll be a brief surge in interest due to the curiosity factor, but afterwards it'll be "ehhh, whatever."

I think "Jugulator" was awesome! If they do anything like the 1st few discs, I think it will be successful. Now if they can sustain that success, that remains to be seen.

There's a few videos emerging on You tube of their first performances with Todd here's a couple but there are a few more if u search

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

Well, I guess this was inevitable. Watch for "Queensryche Starring Geoff Tate", on tour soon with Jack Russell's Great White, Luca Turrilli's Rhapsody, and Oliver/Dawson Saxon!!

[/url]GEOFF TATE To Tour With His Own Version Of QUEENSRŸCHE? - Aug. 13, 2012

According to Billboard.com, it appears singer Geoff Tate is preparing to tour with his own version of QUEENSRŸCHE following his split with the band's original members, guitarist Michael Wilton, drummer Scott Rockenfield and bassist Eddie Jackson. Tate's personal web site, GeoffTate.com, was recently upgraded with a new banner that reads "Geoff Tate: The Voice Of QUEENSRŸCHE." He is also billed on the web site for booking agency Monterey International as "QUEENSRŸCHE Starring Geoff Tate: The Original Voice." The band's lineup isn't listed. A request from Billboard to Monterey to verify Tate's responsible agent was not returned by press time.

Wilton, Jackson, Rockenfield and Parker Lundgren (guitar) announced on June 20 that they were parting ways with Geoff Tate and recruiting La Torre of CRIMSON GLORY as his replacement.

Wilton, Jackson and Rockenfield defeated Tate's motion for a preliminary injunction on July 13 that would have kept them from touring and operating under the band name,

Tate and his wife, Susan, QUEENSRŸCHE's former manager, filed a lawsuit against Geoff's ex-bandmates on June 22 in King County Superior Court over whether he should be awarded the QUEENSRŸCHE name after being dismissed from the group in June. Their complaint states Rockenfield, Wilton and Jackson wrongfully fired the singer and are tarnishing the group's brand by attempting to move forward without him.

If the case goes to trial, the date is set for November 18, 2013.