Queensryche... the end is near.

whiplash1972

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind, people, that the majority of the folks in that (sparse) crowd were only there for the puppet show.

Does anyone think the new Queensryche is capable of making an album more in line with the debut EP or The Warning? I'm not so sure without DeGarmo. I'd like to hear it though. It would have to be an improvement over the last few Queensryche debacles. I haven't liked an album from them since Empire. The Operation:Mindcrime 2 disc was a HUGE disappointment. I knew the newer Queensryche couldn't make another masterpiece like Operation:Mindcrime 1. They were at their peak.

I hope Rising West is more in the old classic metal sound and not the sound of the last 3 or 4 Queensryche releases. That would suck. I wish DeGarmo would rejoin now. He was a songwriting force.

Geoff Tate at Rocklahoma "You Guys Suck" video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d88du2GnAus

What a asshole...

he looks like Ming The Merciless

:rofl2:

I'm actually in that video at about the 1:00 mark right behind the guy with his hands in the air.

Talked to a couple people who shall stay nameless but it appears that Rocklahoma was Tate's last show with the band.

Tate is one scary looking man now.

I wonder if the band name Kingsryche ever came to mind? ( <--- See what I did there? lol)

Also, considering this new band is a mix of the 2 bands, Crimson Reich (Crimson Ryche)?

Hooooboy. Put on your helmets, folks. This is gonna get UG-LY!!

I called it, didn't I? It's officially gotten ugly....

Queensryche off shoot Rising West say they’ve been locked out of the band’s website and Facebook page.

The band’s fan network is loaded with reference to singer Geoff Tate’s solo tour and wine business – but carries no mention of Rising West’s upcoming live debut.

Four fifths of Queensryche – Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Parker Lundgren – last week announced their new outfit, fronted by Crimson Glory singer Todd La Torre, and said they’d focus on performing material from their first five albums.

Asked about rumors of internal tension, a spokesman insisted, “Geoff Tate is concentrating on his acoustic solo performances this summer, while the other members of the band have formed Rising West. Everyone wants to stay busy, try new things and do what they do best: rock in front of the masses. Queensryche are slated to perform select dates throughout the year.”

But the Rising West have now released their own statement, saying, “We are being denied access to our own Facebook page and website (meaning Queensryche) so please spread the word for about Rising West. Rising West will be on KISW 99.9 this Thursday around 4:30. Thank you for your support and we hope to see you at our shows!”

Last night fans reported their comments about Rising West were being deleted from the Queensryche Facebook page. One stated, “Banning, censoring, what else? All we wanted to do was ask why we could not hear or see anything on the upcoming Rising West project. This is getting pretty darn sad.”

Another added, “Whoever is running this page is clearly being petty and desperate. Rising West is about to derail the Tates’s gravy train.”

Hooooboy. Put on your helmets, folks. This is gonna get UG-LY!!

I called it, didn't I? It's officially gotten ugly....

Queensryche off shoot Rising West say they’ve been locked out of the band’s website and Facebook page.

The band’s fan network is loaded with reference to singer Geoff Tate’s solo tour and wine business – but carries no mention of Rising West’s upcoming live debut.

Four fifths of Queensryche – Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Parker Lundgren – last week announced their new outfit, fronted by Crimson Glory singer Todd La Torre, and said they’d focus on performing material from their first five albums.

Asked about rumors of internal tension, a spokesman insisted, “Geoff Tate is concentrating on his acoustic solo performances this summer, while the other members of the band have formed Rising West. Everyone wants to stay busy, try new things and do what they do best: rock in front of the masses. Queensryche are slated to perform select dates throughout the year.”

But the Rising West have now released their own statement, saying, “We are being denied access to our own Facebook page and website (meaning Queensryche) so please spread the word for about Rising West. Rising West will be on KISW 99.9 this Thursday around 4:30. Thank you for your support and we hope to see you at our shows!”

Last night fans reported their comments about Rising West were being deleted from the Queensryche Facebook page. One stated, “Banning, censoring, what else? All we wanted to do was ask why we could not hear or see anything on the upcoming Rising West project. This is getting pretty darn sad.”

Another added, “Whoever is running this page is clearly being petty and desperate. Rising West is about to derail the Tates’s gravy train.”

So, So Sad!

And now it's getting even uglier:

(from Blabbermouth)

QUEENSRŸCHE Members Unable To Make Tonight's Show; GEOFF TATE Vows To 'Rock' Salt Lake City - June 11, 2012

QUEENSRŸCHE is scheduled to perform tonight (Monday, June 11) at USANA Amphitheatre in West Valley City, Utah as the support act for SCORPIONS. According to QUEENSRŸCHE singer Geoff Tate, "some of the members" of the band could not make tonight's show "for personal reasons." He adds, "Although I would have really loved for all of us to play together, it wasn't possible for them. I couldn't miss playing for one of the best rock audiences in the world and opening for one of my all-time favorite bands for anything. Thanks to my fans, and the SCORPIONS or your continued support and I plan to rock Salt Lake City today at the show."

...yeah, right. "unable" for "personal reasons"... my ass. How long are they gonna drag this out? Just announce that Queensryche is disbanding already and quit jerkin' everybody around. Sheesh.

It's official!! Buh-bye Geoff. Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

(from Blabbermouth)

queenstorre.jpg

Seattle progressive rockers QUEENSRŸCHE have officially parted ways with vocalist Geoff Tate and have replaced him with CRIMSON GLORY singer Todd La Torre.

"Over the past few months, there have been growing creative differences within QUEENSRŸCHE," drummer Scott Rockenfield said in a statement. "We want our fans to know that we hoped to find a common resolution, but in the end parting ways with Geoff was the best way for everyone to move forward in a positive direction. We wish him the best of luck with all of his future endeavors. We can't wait to bring QUEENSRŸCHE to our fans with Todd behind the microphone."

The statement also said that scheduled QUEENSRŸCHE performances "are on hold at [the] present time and revised routing is being worked on. Fans can check the band's website for all of the latest tour information as it [becomes] available."

On May 29, QUEENSRŸCHE members Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Parker Lundgren announced that they were forming a project called RISING WEST with La Torre. That band made its live debut at two sold-out shows June 8-9 at Seattle's Hard Rock Café, performing rare and classic hits from the first five QUEENSRŸCHE albums — from the 1983 EP through 1990's "Empire" — as well as a cover version of the IRON MAIDEN staple "Wrathchild".

QUEENSRŸCHE was scheduled to open for the SCORPIONS on June 11 in West Valley City, Utah, but the band canceled its appearance the day of the event, with Tate going ahead with the show, backed by his solo group.

Speaking to the "Streets Of Rock & Roll" radio show, La Torre stated about RISING WEST's live debut, "It was amazing. I've actually been told how critical the people of Seattle can be with their music — they take it pretty seriously, and seeing as it is [QUEENSRŸCHE's] home turf, I expected to be severely ridiculed. To the contrary, I felt widely accepted. The fans were amazing. We sold out the place both nights. Our merch was gone the first night."

On the topic of how it feels to be performing with members of a group which he has called his "favorite band since [he] was probably 14 or 15 years old," La Torre said, "To be able to play those songs with the actual members was really a dream come true. . . I mean, I met them 20 years ago at a signing session they did in Clearwater, Florida. And they signed my 'Warning' album cover; I still have it. In my home studio, I have 'Promised Land' signed and beautifully framed by all the members. So when this actually came to be, I had to pinch myself. . . This resonates very personally for me because I have a lot of emotional connection to this music, and the fans do, too. . . And the band, as a whole, is really excited. I mean, even the bandmembers' wives have told me, 'Todd, these guys haven't been this happy in 10 years.' I'm seeing them glowing. I mean, they're smiling; we're laughing. We laughed so hard at practice, at rehearsal, and it just all feels very comfortable and natural. And I couldn't be more honored. This is a legendary band that's never had another vocalist front those members. And so, out of all the people in the world that could have gotten chosen or would be vying for that position, I feel very lucky and fortunate that they chose me."

When asked about plans to record new original music with his new bandmates, Todd said, "Actually, there is new original material. And that's a goal that they wanna do. . . I think that performing the classic tunes or any QUEENSRŸCHE material that they wrote is a good bridge to them being true to their original works. . . Obviously, we wanna try and write something that's heavy, but also has a common thread of what is QUEENSRŸCHE's sound — very melodic guitar parts." He added, "Vocally, I'm in a very unique position because a lot of people like to throw around, 'Oh, he's a clone, he's an imitator, he's this, he's that.' And I feel like I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't. My style of singing and phrasing is very similar to Geoff Tate and Bruce Dickinson and Rob Halford. I mean, a lot of my high metal screams are grittier and dirtier, like Rob Halford. My vibrato is more similar to Bruce Dickinson or Geoff Tate. A lot of the crying and ways of entering a vocal phrase and phonating, the way I say words, are very similar to Geoff Tate. I wear my influences on my sleeve, but I also think that I have a heavier vibe than Geoff Tate ever had. . . But the new songs, we want them to be heavy but still try to maintain… As a writer, the people that love the roots, a lot of those people don't wanna move past that; they love it. But as an artist, you wanna spread your wings, and you wanna try things that are creative, and you wanna still stay current. So it's like, 'OK, how do we achieve, how do we pacify the masses?' You don't wanna write a record that sounds like 1986. But you don't wanna sound so changed that the older fans aren't finding that common thread in the music that they loved that is from the early-to-mid-'80s or even early '90s, like 'Operation: Mindcrime'. I mean, that's regarded as one of the greatest concept albums of all time, and it's stood the test of time. Is that a real heavy, heavy metal record? In my opinion, no. I call it 'metal,' but it was progressive and it had a lot of wonderful instrumentation and elements, and it's a masterpiece of a work. So we just wanna do what we do."

Now we wait and see how the fight over the name "Queensryche" goes... I'm guessing we'll possibly have 2 of them ala LA Guns and Great White... lol

I guess everyone saw this coming with the Rising West side project but I have to be honest I never thought this would happen. I guess I mean I didn't think it could happen as I figured that Geoff controlled that group. I know he's just one of four original members but this is going to be a legal nightmare. I wish them success and if they record I'll be a first day buyer if it's anything remotely close to the first three or four releases but I still am in shock that they actually went through with firing him. Wow!!!

I guess everyone saw this coming with the Rising West side project

Obviously Rising West was never meant to be a real "side project" -- it was a sneaky way of giving New Guy a tryout to see how he'd do fronting the band. Well played, Queensryche dudes... well played.

This is a win-win situation if you think about it. Tate gets to go do his boring Peter Gabriel wanna-be solo crap on the wine-and-cheese/coffeehouse circuit, and Queensryche can hit up all the retro '80s metal festivals playing the old stuff with a singer who can actually hit the notes.

I guess I mean I didn't think it could happen as I figured that Geoff controlled that group.

That right there was the problem. The band wanted to ROCK and Geoff not so much. I think it's a good thing. Let's face it, the drivel they have been putting out lately is hardly on par with Rage or Empire.

I guess everyone saw this coming with the Rising West side project

Obviously Rising West was never meant to be a real "side project" -- it was a sneaky way of giving New Guy a tryout to see how he'd do fronting the band. Well played, Queensryche dudes... well played.

This is a win-win situation if you think about it. Tate gets to go do his boring Peter Gabriel wanna-be solo crap on the wine-and-cheese/coffeehouse circuit, and Queensryche can hit up all the retro '80s metal festivals playing the old stuff with a singer who can actually hit the notes.

New guy sounds amazing!

Guest engravingtherock

I loved Geoff in the past... but after seeing some ofthe primadonna shit he pulled at Rocklahoma made me lose a lot of respect for him.

i think it's a positive move for the rest of the band, Geoff Tate isn't as irreplaceable as some singers can prove to be - the whole style of the music of Queensryche lends itself to technical proficiency to an extent, so anyone who can hit the notes, scream a bit and dole out the emotion when occasionally needed could potentially fill his shoes. It's not like he's the most charismatic front man (for example Steven Tyler would be hard to replace in that respect) each time I've seen them from Warning tour up to Q2K he's hardly engaged the audience as such - nor does he have the most unique voice that defines the band as such (as Saga's Michael Sadler has resulting in his return - or even Steve Perry, Journey's post Perry years still remaining somewhat contentious). Sad to see it happen like this but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Whether this will breathe life into the band or not remains to be seen, has their legacy been so progressively run down over the last 18 years since Promised Land that anyone cares. I'll admit I like a lot of their later stuff but they've also alienated a lot of their hard core fans who've gone elsewhere ....would it convince them to return to the fold? Plus recent albums I don't see having the spark to pull in any new blood to the fan base