The Cult - Choice Of Weapon

Metal T

• 2023 Gold Donors

Picked this one up earlier this week,spun it through twice.Still don't have a feel for it overall yet.Out of the gate id say that its definitely better then 'Born Into This'...but nowhere near Beyond Good & Evil.Some good tunes on here and some not so much.Anyone who has heard it go ahead,weigh in and let us know what you think.

I really want this one and will get it eventually hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Ive heard this one. Not sure what to think. Not very good at all on first spin. Not very good on second sping.....

Easily my all time favorite band so a review from me would be pointless. Overall I honestly don't think this will attract any new fans around here but their lead off single For the Animals is crazy good and should have some mass appeal.

I think this is a proper representation of what the Cult should sound like in 2012 given their back catalogue.

Besides their single, I really like The Wolf and Honey from a Knife. For fans, I recommend the definitive version which includes the 4 capsule tracks they released last year. Siberia is a great track!

I'm sure the more I spin this, the more I'm gonna like it.

Really looking forward to seeing them serve some of these songs up live in Phoenix late June!

Easily my all time favorite band so a review from me would be pointless. Overall I honestly don't think this will attract any new fans around here but their lead off single For the Animals is crazy good and should have some mass appeal.

I think this is a proper representation of what the Cult should sound like in 2012 given their back catalogue.

Besides their single, I really like The Wolf and Honey from a Knife. For fans, I recommend the definitive version which includes the 4 capsule tracks they released last year. Siberia is a great track!

I'm sure the more I spin this, the more I'm gonna like it.

Really looking forward to seeing them serve some of these songs up live in Phoenix late June!

I haven't listened to The Cult for years, so I thought I'd try some of these songs. Here's my tuppence worth:

I agree that 'For The Animals' is a good tune. I'm not 100% keen on the vocal parts, but otherwise it's a very nice track. I didn't like 'Siberia' at all, found it very dull. 'The Wolf is good, nice tune, but again I'm not massively keen on the vocals. I love Astbury's voice on their earlier stuff, but for some reason I'm not so impressed with it on these songs. I thought 'Honey from a Knife' was awful :whistle:. I really like 'Life > Death' though, very nice atmospheric song (and the vocals work well).

• 2023 Gold Donors

Really like 'The Wolf','A Pale Horse' and 'Embers' ( from the previously available Capsule II)...the writing could be alot better on this record though.The "we got the drugs" part on 'Honey from a knife' is just plain lame! Like Shamus said look forward to catching a live' show and they do kick ass live.