Slash - Apocalyptic Love

T-BONE

This is an assburner of an album.... :git: The Deluxe version has 2 KILLER bonus tracks. I wasn't too big on his other solo releases, but this one with Myles Kennedy on vocals blows away anything Axhole & friends will ever release.

http://www.amazon.com/Apocalyptic-Love-Slash/dp/tracks/B007OXWWX4/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4o8uc7z0kE

slash-apocalyptic-love-cover-blog-660-80-e1337199386334.jpg

I ordered this for $11 dollars today. I'd have bet my life savings I'd never buy a Slash album blind (I still haven't heard a chord from this). Bought it based purely on Tim's smiley face in the 'what's spinning thread.' :lol: So if it sucks, Tim, it's all your fault.

On a side note, f*ck this Cavo album's good. Sorry, just listening to it for the first time as I type...

Damn fine album, although...and I didn't think I'd ever say this, but Myles' voice kinda got on my nerves a bit when I first listened to this. I love Alter Bridge, etc....but for some reason his voice was a bit irritating. Maybe it was just the mood I was in.....lol

Myles is definitely using the high register on this one and sounds different to AB. He does take it too far sometimes IMO so can understand some would find it irritating. Some great tunes on this...

Bought the deluxe version as well and man, I love this album. Particularly the beginning and ends. They seem to rip quite a bit more. The extra for the 2 bonus tracks was well worth it as the album finishes up incredibly with the last 3 songs. So glad to have a full Slash/Myles album, not just the 2 like on his last album. I hope they continue to work together and put out some more tunes. (And tour around here next time!)

I've heard that about Myles being a bit grating on this record. I don't see it like others have, but as Tim(2) said, I can see how others would have that opinion.

First impression for me, as much as I love Slash, I'm not really into his solo works and that includes Snakepit, I found it's a good but far from great. I found the Slash' debut is okay and this next one is one step higher and probably that's because it's more focused as Myles is the only singer here, but I still think it lacks of really awesome songs.

Out of the fifteen songs, including 2 bonus tracks, all are quite enjoyable but some that are in the 80-85% for me are 'One Last Thrill', 'Halo', 'We Will Roam', 'Far and Away', and the last bonus, 'Crazy Life', so the rest are stuck at around 70%-75%.

So I think the reasonable score for now should be 70%-75%, though I might found something new after more spins later

• 2 weeks later...

Just took this out of my car's CD player tonight for the first time since I bought this.

Just really high on the album. There are a couple of tracks that aren't quite up to par, but this album keeps me going. I imagine it will be back in the car before long.

Hoping some others have found it ages as well as I think it has... at its "advanced" age. haha

Myself included, a monster of an album that I did not expect. The three songs in the middle are the best trio of songs I have heard in a very long time. I have never been a huge Slash fan, but this is easily the best thing he has done since Appetite.

Been playing this pretty much consistently since I picked it up on Tuesday.. Just an Awesome album!! I can't think of a song I don't really like to be honest.. Hell even the "Ballads" "Far and Away" and "Not for Me" Are really good! Never bothered with any of Slash's other solo CDs, but I am glad I picked this up!! So far My favorite CD of the year!! :beerbang:

Finished spinning this for the first time today... there's some good stuff here but I have to admit there doesn't seem to be much here to keep this spinning much for me. It's solid and I love the production and musicality, but I didn't hear too many good hooks here for me. Solid, though.

Finished spinning this for the first time today... there's some good stuff here but I have to admit there doesn't seem to be much here to keep this spinning much for me. It's solid and I love the production and musicality, but I didn't hear too many good hooks here for me. Solid, though.

Wow not shocked its not your thing but then again I am. Great songs featuring one of the top modern vocalists matched up with one of the great living guitarists! I guess like everything else it comes down to personal preference.

On my third spin this morning, I found it's a bit of a grower, perhaps in the region of 80% something.

A rock solid album, better than the debut, one thing for sure, and also possibly the best he ever done since 'Use Your Illusion' surpassing Snakepit and VR.

There are quite a few great moments but some chorus and verses IMHO needs to be polished to have more hooks and catchier, because after 14 tracks, it's hard for me to recall the chorus for 4-5 tracks. Guitar parts are excellent as always and the production is great. 'Apocalyptic Love' is an interesting album indeed!

I agree it's probably pretty easily the best post GN'R disc he's made.

Easily, and honestly as I stated above, the only cd I would list over this one is Appetite. None of the other GNR cd's he was involved with hold a candle to this one.

• 7 months later...