Woooo! I LIKE the new look!

Fat Freddy

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new look?

Just FYI, the change to the new version wasn't a decision I made. I was notified over night by the board hosting company that for security/exploit reasons the upgrade was mandatory.

We'll all just have to adapt.

That said, there are some aspects to the new version that are pretty spiffy; it just takes a while to find and get used to the new feel... change is a bitch.

-Dan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody having problems with the mobile version? It appears to be buggy, and I'm unable to revert to the full version--that button at the bottom just takes me to the top of the page. I do most of my surfing on my phone, so it's really annoying.

That's gotta be something browser-specific. I'm able to use the links at the bottom to change back and forth between the two versions at will.

-Dan

Hey Dan, did you notice your site looks different?

Like others, I was all like WTF? Seriously, WTF? And then I said WTF?

But the end result was my approval. I like it. Sure it'll take 2mins to get used to, but it's cool. Chixdiggit. Me, that is, and I dig this site.

I don't see the active topics quick link at the bottom of the main page just above the names of who's online??? Did it move or is that feature lost forever...

Otherwise looks real good, but certainly was a shocker before coffee.

My only complaint is that when I update a thread I occasionally like to check it out later. Since I usually only use the "View new Content" button I expect the thread to be there like it used to be but it isn't. It only shows up when someone else updates the same thread, you have to go to the main window to find it...otherwise it looks great...

• My Little Pony

Anybody having problems with the mobile version? It appears to be buggy, and I'm unable to revert to the full version--that button at the bottom just takes me to the top of the page. I do most of my surfing on my phone, so it's really annoying.

That's gotta be something browser-specific. I'm able to use the links at the bottom to change back and forth between the two versions at will.

-Dan

Nevermind me, Dan. I figured it out. I deleted all cookies, data, and history. Everything works fine.

My only remaining complaint is the same as Dead Planet's, but I assume a little fiddling around and I'll have it sorted.

My only complaint is that when I update a thread I occasionally like to check it out later. Since I usually only use the "View new Content" button I expect the thread to be there like it used to be but it isn't. It only shows up when someone else updates the same thread, you have to go to the main window to find it...otherwise it looks great...

look on the left side of the site after you click "veiw new content". click the since my last visit

am i missing the tab to add videos?

It's now part of the "Special BBCode" icon at the top left of the text editor. I don't like it, as it's now a multistep process to actually add a video. I've inquired in the board software support forum whether this can be customized and put back the way it was.

am i missing the tab to add videos?

It's now part of the "Special BBCode" icon at the top left of the text editor. I don't like it, as it's now a multistep process to actually add a video. I've inquired in the board software support forum whether this can be customized and put back the way it was.

ok, think I found it. thanks

My avatar has gone, how do I replace it?

> My Settings > Change My Photo

Thanks but I keep trying that to no avail, will try again

is the notes section still here? can't find it! had so much stored in there (in coming cds, trade list, etc...)

That actually was unfortunately removed from the software itself... but... I found a mod that supposedly brings it back. What I don't know is if your old notes are retained. Go into your profile and see if they are still there...

-Dan

is the notes section still here? can't find it! had so much stored in there (in coming cds, trade list, etc...)

That actually was unfortunately removed from the software itself... but... I found a mod that supposedly brings it back. What I don't know is if your old notes are retained. Go into your profile and see if they are still there...

-Dan

yep, it's back...the same spot where it used to be (in settings / manage notes). cheers!

old notes still there.

will that feature stay or not? not sure if others find it useful, but i use it for keeping a trade list online and updated, aswell as for listing discs i;ve order and am expecting.

The new look is great when I'm at home. Unfortunately, at work we're still using a browser that was designed in 1875, so it looks a bit rubbish here. th_shrug-1.gif

oooohhhhh... I go away to Rocklahoma for a few days and this is what happens....? Wow... someone has been busy.

Dan... is there any way I can get my "fish-like" icon back? I've had that since day one on this site. I do not feel complete without it. :crying:

• 2 months later...