WIGELIUS - Reinventions

Hasn't been individually mentioned yet either, but I love the dude's vocals too. Kid has a great melodic hard rock voice.

hm number 11 sounds like a 9/10 to me, a nice key-driven ballad :D

Nooo that ballad is just cringeworthy. Almost embarrassing. 2/10 might be a bit harsh but it's a 5 or 6 at best. Agreed tho on the best tracks & all in the 9-9.5 territory. Overall a great Album

Haha, I don't mind it either. It has a variety of good vocal hooks within and it'd rate pretty well with me. Like I said above, the only thing that annoys me about it is the 'you' and 'you' rhyme.

I agree it's crazy sappy and cheesy... it literally makes 'I've got you' by BBABH look like an angry metal ballad.

My 5 year old daughter likes it.....that's all I'm saying

Nooo that ballad is just cringeworthy. Almost embarrassing. 2/10 might be a bit harsh but it's a 5 or 6 at best. Agreed tho on the best tracks & all in the 9-9.5 territory. Overall a great Album

Haha, I don't mind it either. It has a variety of good vocal hooks within and it'd rate pretty well with me. Like I said above, the only thing that annoys me about it is the 'you' and 'you' rhyme.

I agree it's crazy sappy and cheesy... it literally makes 'I've got you' by BBABH look like an angry metal ballad.

Just listening to it now. The lyrics are crazy, crazy corny, but that is a world-class melody imo. If you ignore the actual lyrics in the chorus, the melody itself is a pure delight. I do have to lol a bit at the lyrics. ;)

Just listening to it now. The lyrics are crazy, crazy corny, but that is a world-class melody imo. If you ignore the actual lyrics in the chorus, the melody itself is a pure delight. I do have to lol a bit at the lyrics. ;)

Backed. Steel Panther should cover it and use some proper lyrics

Like 'Feel me, let your fingers....... <insert SP lyric>...................'

and instead of 'blowing my mind'...........well you get the gist ;-)

Would be awesome

Backed. Steel Panther should cover it and use some proper lyrics

Like 'Feel me, let your fingers....... <insert SP lyric>...................'

and instead of 'blowing my mind'...........well you get the gist ;-)

Would be awesome

Quoted for truth. Best lyricists in music today (Steel Panther, that is). These kids are still new at it, though... they'll get there one day. :)

I guess 2/10 is too harsh, but I still think the song stinks. The chorus is pathetic, even my wife looked at me with a fucked up look when it came on. As well the vocals seem to be dying a slow and painful death on this one.

No matter the score, easily the worst song on a great release by any band this year.

Here is my little summary -

1. Angeline - Great track, would be close to 10 but for the copycat melody & chorus. 9/10

2. Talking About Love - Close on melodic perfection. 9.5/10

3. Do You Really Know - Very WOA, but not copy cat. 9/10

4. Next To Me - Another piece of perfection but again dragged down slightly by copycat sound. 9/10

5. My Cassandra - Silly song title, but good song. 8.25/10

6. Piece Of The Action - Solid rocker saved somewhat by a killer solo 7.5/10

7. Too Young To Fall In Love - I love this song - just excellent MR. 9.5/10

8. Right Here, Right Now - Another solid rocker. 7/10

9, Love Can Be That Much - Acoustic ballad, solid. 8/10

10. Hold On To Love - Cheesy uptempo number - nice chorus. 8.5/10

11. There Is No Me Without You - Nice melody but DIRE lyrics, Jesus this is quite bad. 5/10

12. I Reach Out - Great end to the album - some small WoA influence again & nice chorus. 9/10

In summary, it's good and contains 2 absolute (and original) gems in 'Talking About Love' and 'Too Young'.....but there are also some awful copycat songs on here, which whilst excellent and maybe deserving of near 10/10 marks just dont deserve that high an accolade.

To be honest I could have been harsher on these songs, but gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Overall : 83%

Which I think is a fair score............just making my top 10 at the moment but will no doubt slip, but should be a solid top 20 release. Good debut effort.

83% may be the lowest rating this band will ever score anywhere on the planet but I see your points. I'm struggling to rate it below 90%.

Dave's score is 80%.....just for the record.

;-)

83% may be the lowest rating this band will ever score anywhere on the planet but I see your points. I'm struggling to rate it below 90%.

;-)

And I get the feeling if Tim returns we'll see a 50% or something crazy like that. :lol: I kid, Tim, if you see this, though I won't be the least bit surprised to see something wild if it happens. For the record, I just penned my sneaky little rating of this disc too:

01. Angeline - similar to WOA's 'Emilee', but possibly a little better in my sexy opinon. Definitely ballsier - perfect opener - 9.75

02. Talking About Love - sheer, total perfection in every single way - 10.00

03. Do You Really Know - another killer melodic rocker - 9.25

04. Next To Me - awesome HEAT styled melodic rocker - 9.75

05. My Cassandra - beautiful melodic rocker, even with an awkward name to contend with but I like it because you know it's about a girl named Cassandra and not a fictional girl who's name suited a melody in someone's mind - 9.50

06. Piece Of The Action - solid hard rocker, but too average compared to the rest here - 7.50

07. Too Young To Fall In Love - absolutely perfect pre-chorus and chorus - stunning really, but not post chorus. I still hate that musical passage after the chorus but the rest is too freakin' good to deduct too much from the song - 9.50

08. Right Here, Right Now - solid swaggery rocker - 8.00

09. Love Can Be That Much - really nice acoustic ballad with a cool chorus hook - 8.25

10. Hold On To Love - cliché as hell, but brilliantly executed commercial rocker - 9.50

11. There Is No Me Without You - sappy, corny and silly ballad… but beautiful chorus melody - 8.00

12. I Reach Out - killer big melodic hard rocking closer - real nice - 9.25

TOTAL - 90%

;-)

80% sounds about right. It has 8 brilliant tracks, 3 average (6,8 and 9) and one really poor track....we know which one that is.

At the years end I'm sure this one will be surpassed by the new Eclipse, new Vega and certainly the H.E.A.T. and those are just the top melodic rock releases. They remind me of White Widdow, excellent yet just falling a bit short of being the cream at the top.

2012 is a strange one, not many great melodic releases, but lots of other types that are rounding out the year quite nicely.

;-)

80% sounds about right. It has 8 brilliant tracks, 3 average (6,8 and 9) and one really poor track....we know which one that is.

At the years end I'm sure this one will be surpassed by the new Eclipse, new Vega and certainly the H.E.A.T. and those are just the top melodic rock releases. They remind me of White Widdow, excellent yet just falling a bit short of being the cream at the top.

2012 is a strange one, not many great melodic releases, but lots of other types that are rounding out the year quite nicely.

You forget WET ! My most anticipated release of 2012!! Eclipse & Vega should also be excellent! What about Crashdiet - any news on them??

;-)

You forget WET ! My most anticipated release of 2012!! Eclipse & Vega should also be excellent! What about Crashdiet - any news on them??

Getting wet over WET is a definite yes. Only 5 left months in 2012, not sure WET can pull it off in time. JSS released his solo ealier this year and Erik Martensson has the new Eclipse coming out in late September. Something tells me the new WET might be pushed back to 2013....unless it's already all done and just waiting to be released.

;-)

Getting wet over WET is a definite yes. Only 5 left months in 2012, not sure WET can pull it off in time. JSS released his solo ealier this year and Erik Martensson has the new Eclipse coming out in late September. Something tells me the new WET might be pushed back to 2013....unless it's already all done and just waiting to be released.

definite 2012 as far as i am aware

;-)

definite 2012 as far as i am aware

I still can't wait for Tango Down, Hess,James Christian,Eclipse and W.E.T.

what happen to Tango Down ? why is it not released yet because I thought it's supposed to be out couple months ago ?

i guess Eclipse and WET belongs in the top 10, Hess is a maybe, lookin' forward to James Christian, although not really sure, any samples from him yet ?

btw just listen to this disc yesterday and probably based on 3 spins, I think 90% is the reasonable score for this one if you love AOR, couple of weaker tunes and some weak lyrics were compensated by those delicate and wonderful melodies. I guess we're the listeners of 80s music have already famiilar with those silly, shallow, and stoopid lyrics so nothing's really troubling me as long as the music did it right :)

what happen to Tango Down ? why is it not released yet because I thought it's supposed to be out couple months ago ?

i guess Eclipse and WET belongs in the top 10, Hess is a maybe, lookin' forward to James Christian, although not really sure, any samples from him yet ?

btw just listen to this disc yesterday and probably based on 3 spins, I think 90% is the reasonable score for this one if you love AOR, couple of weaker tunes and some weak lyrics were compensated by those delicate and wonderful melodies. I guess we're the listeners of 80s music have already famiilar with those silly, shallow, and stoopid lyrics so nothing's really troubling me as long as the music did it right :)

There was a message on here a day or two ago from John Kivel, saying that it is almost ready to go.

Hey Night train

This is my response Rocker is speaking of....

Hell all!

Im posting this reply via smart phone. So forgive me if autospell inserts any random words. The thing has a mind of it's own sometimes! LoL. I apologize that this particular title seems to be taking longer then some of u had hoped or expected. I know i feel tgat way! Lol. With that said in music, best laid plans etc etc. Lol. I can assure all the cd is one step closer to release. Id give a projected date, buuuuuut thats bit me in the ass in the past. So this time i will wait til final mix is approved before anymore guesstements. Ty Sims is mixing as we speak n i gotta say its sounding great!! The wait will be worth it, i promise. Also, it may seem like forever, but we are only 3 months and 10 days behind schedule. ;-) Knowing all of u are excited for this release makes me happy, and o appreciate all the support you show our bands n label!

Thank you!

John

Hope that helps Nighttrain....I promise it will be worth the wait. We are very excited about this release over here and we honestly want it to be PERFECT.

Also, Rocker and Nighttrain...did you guys pre order the cd? I ask, because i want to make sure you received the two posters and signed 8x10. Also, wait til u see how the pre ordered copies come packaged!! :-)

Please like the kivel records page on Facebook and leave some feedback people

Thanks!

John