Europe - Bag of Bones

TangoCharlie

I like the "new" Europe. There are many good songs on each release especially SFTD.

Totally agree. SFTD is my favorite Europe album as I've said. Geoff, can you really name 3-4 songs on The Circle that were not complete poo? I doubt it...;)

I really like 'We weren't born to follow' and especially 'Loves the only rule.' But stuff like 'Fast cars' and 'Thorn in my side' were pretty good too. Speaking of BJ, I wonder if they'll record again anytime soon?

I agree with Glen that 'HAND' is the best of their recent discs and a damn good one at that.

Have A Nice Day is BJs best cd of late followed by Bounce then Crush then Lost Highway then the Circle.

I disagree. Maybe 3-4 really good songs. That's it for me.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey Tempest is on BBC Breakfast at 9am this morning (wed) for us Brits!

Missed this, very surprised to read that he was on BBC! Was it a full interview, etc? (If so, I bet they just wahnted to talk about 'Final Countdown'! :rolleyes:)

Joey Tempest is on BBC Breakfast at 9am this morning (wed) for us Brits!

Missed this, very surprised to read that he was on BBC! Was it a full interview, etc? (If so, I bet they just wahnted to talk about 'Final Countdown'! :rolleyes:)

Haha. They did talk a lot about the meaning of the final countdown. But played a good two mins of the new single.

The female presenter was also enamoured with the quality of his skin too!

He actually managed to say bullshit which freaked them out a bit. He handled the show well. I didn't know that he's been loving in London for a number of years now.

Tc

• 4 weeks later...

Gasp, it's finally official after I rated this album tonight. There is actually a worse album is 2012 than Van Halen. :(

I'm actually kind of sad. An evil part of me really actually wanted to see - in my opinion - Van Halen come in at the bottom of my list in 2012 for that atrocity of a new album. But alas, it is not to be.

I rated that Van Halen album a 39%, but I am sad to report that there is a worse album is 2012... so far. And that belongs to these clueless c*nts in Europe... the band. Coming in at a (rather generous, imo) 34% I do actually think that 'Bag of Bones' is even worse than Van Halen's new heap of shit.

Like I said in another thread, I cannot fathom who this album is meant to appeal to. I genuinely really have no idea who their target audience is. It's clearly not their 80's fans. And no other current bands are stupid enough to play this type of shit, so they can't be trying to appeal to new modern rock fans. So who is it? Who the f*ck is this f*cking shit meant to appeal to? I guess it can only be the dreamers out there holding onto the worst music of all that was produced in the mid to late 90's? I don't know, that's my only guess. Either way, these guys are just stupid. Plain and simple. Not just because I personally hate their new album, but because it is a stupid album and I can't believe the guys in the band are not aware of how bad it actually is.

Anyway, it goes without saying that this is Europe's worst album and I am truly disgusted with the band. If I'd actually paid money for this I'd spit on it, urinate on it, stomp on it and then grind the pieces of the shattered CD into sand-sized particles and set fire to the area.

C*nts.

Gasp, it's finally official after I rated this album tonight. There is actually a worse album is 2012 than Van Halen. :(

I'm actually kind of sad. An evil part of me really actually wanted to see - in my opinion - Van Halen come in at the bottom of my list in 2012 for that atrocity of a new album. But alas, it is not to be.

I rated that Van Halen album a 39%, but I am sad to report that there is a worse album is 2012... so far. And that belongs to these clueless c*nts in Europe... the band. Coming in at a (rather generous, imo) 34% I do actually think that 'Bag of Bones' is even worse than Van Halen's new heap of shit.

Like I said in another thread, I cannot fathom who this album is meant to appeal to. I genuinely really have no idea who their target audience is. It's clearly not their 80's fans. And no other current bands are stupid enough to play this type of shit, so they can't be trying to appeal to new modern rock fans. So who is it? Who the f*ck is this f*cking shit meant to appeal to? I guess it can only be the dreamers out there holding onto the worst music of all that was produced in the mid to late 90's? I don't know, that's my only guess. Either way, these guys are just stupid. Plain and simple. Not just because I personally hate their new album, but because it is a stupid album and I can't believe the guys in the band are not aware of how bad it actually is.

Anyway, it goes without saying that this is Europe's worst album and I am truly disgusted with the band. If I'd actually paid money for this I'd spit on it, urinate on it, stomp on it and then grind the pieces of the shattered CD into sand-sized particles and set fire to the area.

C*nts.

Shame! They speak very highly of you!

So I take it you don't like them?

There are plenty that do like them and are pleased they are not stuck in their poodle perms playing thin AOR.

Extremes aside (of course the Europe site is the other side of the scale) a balanced view is found here..

http://www.amazon.co...howViewpoints=1

Haha, I don't hate the band at all as I have plenty of albums I love from them, and even some of their recent ones have been listenable, at least around the 50% mark. But this is easily their worst yet. I do hate the music they produce now, but not their discography by any means.

As arguably the biggest modern rock enthusiast around these parts I sure as hell don't need them to play thin AOR. Good songs - whatever the style - is all I ask for. Not too much to ask I don't think, but I don't hear a remnant of that here personally.

Balanced views? Only one reviewer didn't give the album 100%! :lol: Super balanced. ;)

Here's a proper review of this thing:

01 – Riches To Rags - lyrically true… and it's because of songs like this it's true - 2.00

02 – Not Supposed To Sing the Blues - pointless down-tuned rock with awful guitar sound - 3.00

03 – Firebox - truly dreadful - nothing positive to say about this at all - 1.00

04 – Bag Of Bones - kind of listenable for the first time on the album - 5.00

05 – Requiem - interlude

06 – My Woman My Friend - really so bad you want to break it - what is that chorus?! - 1.00

07 – Demon Head - fucking utter crap - can't imagine what they're thinking recording this - 1.00

08 – Drink And A Smile - just a rubbishy song - 2.00

09 – Doghouse - bland rocker - 3.00

10 – Mercy You Mercy Me - more rubbish with guitar you'd end a life to the tune of - 3.00

11 – Bring It All Home - kinda nice ballad with some actual nice guitar for once - a glimpse of what could have been? - 6.50

12 - Beautiful Disaster - decent rocker to close with - 6.25

- TOTAL SCORE (%) - 31%

Yep, I got the score incorrect above and didn't include the entire track listing (aside from the interlude).

Haha, I don't hate the band at all as I have plenty of albums I love from them, and even some of their recent ones have been listenable, at least around the 50% mark. But this is easily their worst yet. I do hate the music they produce now, but not their discography by any means.

As arguably the biggest modern rock enthusiast around these parts I sure as hell don't need them to play thin AOR. Good songs - whatever the style - is all I ask for. Not too much to ask I don't think, but I don't hear a remnant of that here personally.

Balanced views? Only one reviewer didn't give the album 100%! :lol: Super balanced. ;)

Here's a proper review of this thing:

01 – Riches To Rags - lyrically true… and it's because of songs like this it's true - 2.00

02 – Not Supposed To Sing the Blues - pointless down-tuned rock with awful guitar sound - 3.00

03 – Firebox - truly dreadful - nothing positive to say about this at all - 1.00

04 – Bag Of Bones - kind of listenable for the first time on the album - 5.00

05 – Requiem - interlude

06 – My Woman My Friend - really so bad you want to break it - what is that chorus?! - 1.00

07 – Demon Head - fucking utter crap - can't imagine what they're thinking recording this - 1.00

08 – Drink And A Smile - just a rubbishy song - 2.00

09 – Doghouse - bland rocker - 3.00

10 – Mercy You Mercy Me - more rubbish with guitar you'd end a life to the tune of - 3.00

11 – Bring It All Home - kinda nice ballad with some actual nice guitar for once - a glimpse of what could have been? - 6.50

12 - Beautiful Disaster - decent rocker to close with - 6.25

- TOTAL SCORE (%) - 31%

Yep, I got the score incorrect above and didn't include the entire track listing (aside from the interlude).

Can you pass me what you're smokin' please?

:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

No one cares, Trust me. :popcorn::yikes:

I'm sure someone cares, BUT IT AIN'T ME!!!

Why Europe can't do another Prisoners In Paradise type album is beyond me. I really liked Start From The Dark and some of Secret Society, but with each album since especially the last two..... pure garbage IMO.