Trixter - Tattoos & Misery

dethuniverse

This sounds very cool. My copy is on order too..

my worry is this will be the best song.

Be interested to hear thoughts on this as the samples did very little for me.

It is the best song. The acoustic bonus track is probably the 2nd best song. Says it all.

my worry is this will be the best song.

Be interested to hear thoughts on this as the samples did very little for me.

It is the best song. The acoustic bonus track is probably the 2nd best song. Says it all.

I think I saw someone say this was on Spotify so will check there before parting with cash.

Ok, am I in the minority here? This song does pretty much nothing for me. It sounds too happy crappy...like if Gin Blossoms and Nickelback went into the studio and said, let's make a song for pop radio but try to make it rock just a little. Another comparison could be the recent Bon Jovi releases...though I should not say that because I can't listen to them all the way through.

I think it's a pretty good cd. It really doesn't sound a whole lot like Trixter on most of the songs. It has a modern influence in it but also returns to the melodic hard rock of old. There are some really good tunes on this and it will require several listens before I can determine my favorites. Definitely a kickass disc.

I actually kinda like that tune.. I wonder if Keef does?? After all they ARE from His Hometown..... :tumbsup:

Meh, it's a'ight.

Some of my former Paramus High classmates are having Ear-gasms about it all over Facebook by the way.

• My Little Pony

I actually kinda like that tune.. I wonder if Keef does?? After all they ARE from His Hometown..... :tumbsup:

Meh, it's a'ight.

Yeah, pretty much. And it's a shit video, too. Can we all agree on that?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm enjoying this, but here's a few current thoughts:

Why are people hassling 'Physical attraction' when 'Get on it' almost destroys the CD 2 tracks in? 'Physical attraction' is weak but 'Get it on' is the epitome of a filler - something you'd expect to hear on a Van Halen CD. I could do without both these songs and this would be stronger as a 10 track CD.

This, to me, sounds like a mid 90's indie hard rock band sounding like Trixter. They don't quite have the songs of the real Trixter, but they put up a valid attempt. Stuff like 'Machine' and Ride' are growing on me, there's 3 excellent tracks ('Tatoos and misery,' 'Coolest thing' and 'Walk with a stranger') and a bunch of pretty cool, fun rockers.

Why are people hassling 'Physical attraction' when 'Get on it' almost destroys the CD 2 tracks in? 'Physical attraction' is weak but 'Get it on' is the epitome of a filler - something you'd expect to hear on a Van Halen CD. I could do without both these songs and this would be stronger as a 10 track CD.

The first 3 songs are all shit IMO. This album would've been better as an EP, with "Tattoos & Misery" and a couple of others, and the rest canned permanently.

What, you don't like track 2 ?????? really???? I've gotta say that one is nowhere near the company of Physical Attraction to these ears.

Are we both talking about 'Get On It?' Such a blatant filler to me and I could see it no differently.

The first 3 songs are all shit IMO. This album would've been better as an EP, with "Tattoos & Misery" and a couple of others, and the rest canned permanently.

Have to agree...there are about 3 or 4 songs on this worth keeping

Got to be one of the big disappointments of the year.

What, you don't like track 2 ?????? really???? I've gotta say that one is nowhere near the company of Physical Attraction to these ears.

Are we both talking about 'Get On It?' Such a blatant filler to me and I could see it no differently.

I don't mind Get it On but it's probably the second worst song after Physical Attraction IMO. Dirty Love is my fav and really I like them all and it's hard for me to believe more around her don't think this is better.