What band would you most like to see reform?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would also like to see the old Vixen crew crank out a good ol' rock n roll album.

trivia:

didn't I see Vixen in one of those early summer/beach type movies before they were anything big? I think it was a different line-up that the first cd had but I'm 99% sure the band in the movie was credited as Vixen.

would also like to see the old Vixen crew crank out a good ol' rock n roll album.

trivia:

didn't I see Vixen in one of those early summer/beach type movies before they were anything big? I think it was a different line-up that the first cd had but I'm 99% sure the band in the movie was credited as Vixen.

Yup that was them but i cant remember the name of the movie.

Janet Gardner ... Vixen - Lead Vocals

Jan Kuehnemund ... Vixen - Lead Guitar

Pia Maiocco ... Vixen - Bass

Laurie Hedlund ... Vixen - Drums

Tamara Ivanov ... Vixen - Rhythm Guitar

movie band from Hardbodies

So only Jan and Janet are the same.

I don't know if I'd say "re-form" but I would love to see .38 Special reunite with Jeff Carlisi. Jeff proved that he still has "it" with the song written on the last Night Ranger album. It is one of my favorite songs off that album. I really think 38 is missing his writting skills. Don's voice may not be able to pull off the "smooth" aor sound he was know for back in the day but it would work with some studio magic and Donnie Van Zant has just gotten better as he has gotten older as a singer.

Savatage... give us one last tour for cryin' out loud!! :crying:

This to the power of ten.

Also: Giant with Dann Huff

Tygers Of Pan Tang with Jon Deverill and John Sykes

And purely for my own amusement: Ethel The Frog.

Diamond Head with Sean Harris ... saw them supporting Metallica at Milton Keynes in '93, and they were SUPERB (even with Harris' strange choice in stage clothing)!

I don't know if I'd say "re-form" but I would love to see .38 Special reunite with Jeff Carlisi. Jeff proved that he still has "it" with the song written on the last Night Ranger album. It is one of my favorite songs off that album. I really think 38 is missing his writting skills. Don's voice may not be able to pull off the "smooth" aor sound he was know for back in the day but it would work with some studio magic and Donnie Van Zant has just gotten better as he has gotten older as a singer.

I`d definitely like to see him return

• 1 month later...

Savatage... give us one last tour for cryin' out loud!! :crying:

Not sure why I did not pick Savatage. I was just listening to the Dream Evil's "Dragon Slayer" release yesterday and thinking that most of the songs on there would have been great songs for Savatage. The "Dragon Slayer" release has Savatage written all over it.. It's like a lost Savatage release.

I didn't think that reminded me at all of Savatage. Excellent release though topped only by Evilized.

I know but they aren't really an active band. I want a new studio disc. Fuck Donnie.

I'm kind of glad they don't release anything new. I hate when these older bands release something and it is just crap. I think it kind of keeps the KIX legacy going stronger if they don't release anything. Most people just complain if bands release new material under the same name without original members. I'm more than happy to see KIX 8 or so times a year with them playing the classics.

Yep. KIX has never released anything bad. Why chance it now? Their live show is incredibly tight! Do yourself a favour and check 'em out.

I've seen Kix about 100 times. Those guys never ever put on a bad show. I don't think Kix would be capable of releasing anything bad. Even their supposed worst album Show Business has a slew of excellent tunes.

How about ....

Toronto

Wrabit

Survivor (classic line up)

Witness

I know but they aren't really an active band. I want a new studio disc. Fuck Donnie.

I'm kind of glad they don't release anything new. I hate when these older bands release something and it is just crap. I think it kind of keeps the KIX legacy going stronger if they don't release anything. Most people just complain if bands release new material under the same name without original members. I'm more than happy to see KIX 8 or so times a year with them playing the classics.

Yep. KIX has never released anything bad. Why chance it now? Their live show is incredibly tight! Do yourself a favour and check 'em out.

I've seen Kix about 100 times. Those guys never ever put on a bad show. I don't think Kix would be capable of releasing anything bad. Even their supposed worst album Show Business has a slew of excellent tunes.

That's highly debatable. ;) I hate that CD personally...